MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

G.L.A.D.I.O

Attachments

• 372052-390018-V1-P0-landscape.jpg
    372052-390018-V1-P0-landscape.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 131

G.L.A.D.I.O

Honestly, I'm for demolishing Studio 1 and merging the Front Lot and Production Courtyard together to create a Buena Vista Street-esque atmosphere. Retain the Golden Age-style architecture but go all out with theming and infrastructure. Give Eddie Sotto's Main Street, U.S.A. a run for its money and wallpaper usage per square inch!

...Or at least go through his original plans for the 1920s version of Main Street (though that's more New York/Chicago than Hollywood) and see what we could get. The aboveground trolley system doesn't seem to be a bad idea.
Given the results of the studies they did in the past to conceptualize how Studio 1 could ne destroyed, it's never gonna happen. It would be too complicated for them to get ridd of the structure.
Nevertheless it should be rethemed and reorganized.

IMDREW

Honestly, I'm for demolishing Studio 1 and merging the Front Lot and Production Courtyard together to create a Buena Vista Street-esque atmosphere. Retain the Golden Age-style architecture but go all out with theming and infrastructure. Give Eddie Sotto's Main Street, U.S.A. a run for its money and wallpaper usage per square inch!

...Or at least go through his original plans for the 1920s version of Main Street (though that's more New York/Chicago than Hollywood) and see what we could get. The aboveground trolley system doesn't seem to be a bad idea.
And they could even cover the whole area like Tokyos World Bazaar.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Given the results of the studies they did in the past to conceptualize how Studio 1 could ne destroyed, it's never gonna happen. It would be too complicated for them to get ridd of the structure.
Nevertheless it should be rethemed and reorganized.

Didn't security raise a guest flow/security issue with Studio 1?

G.L.A.D.I.O

I've heard they could reconfigurate the main entries doors by enlarging them like a tunnel without obstacles which would be always open to simplify guest flow. The new theming would benefit the indoor street as well since the terrace of the restaurant, city lights, palm trees could be withdrawn or redesigned to widen the inside main way.

The Grand Inquisitor

If you wait a bit longer, the new parts of Walt Disney Studios will be finished. Would be great if you can visit DLP then :-D
I would love to see it! It's going to depend on the money. It;s going to be pretty expensive. Especially considering whats going on with the virus and the filed I'm going into doe snot make very much. But someday I will absolutely go. Plus I really want to go to Tokyo Disney as well! :)

Twilight_Roxas

Plus Disney Imagineers could create a perfect replica of Springfield, and what if Disney wants to bring The Simpsons Ride to Paris they could negotiate a deal with Universal, and bring the attraction with both English, and French dubs while with approval removing the Universal Studios references like the Doc Brown scene, and putting a Disneyland reference to the send money to Universal Studios billboard.

G.L.A.D.I.O

Plus Disney Imagineers could create a perfect replica of Springfield, and what if Disney wants to bring The Simpsons Ride to Paris they could negotiate a deal with Universal, and bring the attraction with both English, and French dubs while with approval removing the Universal Studios references like the Doc Brown scene, and putting a Disneyland reference to the send money to Universal Studios billboard.
How funny you are!
Do you really imagine Disney begging Universal (their rival) to pay them millions per year for one park (since in the US Uni will certainly keep the rights and chinese people don't even know the Simpsons).
Moreover DLP have other priorities at the moment, some of the main Disney classics characters have yet to be represented in the parks ( Ariel, Belle,Winnie) and more lavish experiences for Mickey, Indiana jones, the Lion King, the Jungle Book and so on should be expected too.
It took Disney 8 years to open a Star Wars themed land after the Lucasfilm acquisition and 11 years for Avengers campus. Pandora: the World of Avatar is the only plausible 21th century themed land that could be considered at the moment for the WDS.

fradz

Of course, plus Universal can just give them all the blueprints and help them build it too!...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom