MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Thanks for the additional information which puts a whole other spin on the statement. My point was merely one cannot (should not) assume one event is directly related to the other.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Let's hope we get Phase 1 first. 😂

What he said, with zero cuts to the original plan! The Studios is already getting the bare minimum (even though the minimum standard is set so low in this park) for this expansion, so let them at least follow through with the original plans. Give us World IP Showcase Lagoon!

Is it possible for Walt Disney Studios to get a phase 2 of the expansion? They could get Avatar or Zootopia.

A Phase 2 is possible, since Tom Fitzgerald (Portfolio Executive for DLP) said during FanDaze 2018 that WDSP will be given more room for growth, hence the abundance of green space on the east side of the lake and the west side of the new "main street" connecting the old and new areas. I feel that they'll be focusing on filling up those green spaces for Phase 2.

I could see Pandora being built on the east side of the lake. It makes sense considering that by 2025 (when supposedly all the already-announced lands are built), almost all studios under TWDC will be represented in the park except Fox/20th Century Studios (*already announced future expansions):
  • Walt Disney Animation Studios - a section of Toon Studio (Flying Carpets over Agrabah, Animation Celebration, Animagique Theatre), a section of Production Courtyard (Stitch Live!) and Arendelle: World of Frozen*
  • Pixar - majority of Toon Studio (Crush's Coaster, Cars Race Rally, Ratatouille: The Adventure) and Toy Story Playland
  • Marvel - Avengers Campus Paris*
  • Lucasfilm - Star Wars Land*
Though of course, that could change depending on two things: 1) the success/failure of Avatar sequels (critical and/or box office), and; 2) the overall popularity of the Avatar franchise, especially in Europe. If both are fulfilled, then we turn our eyes to DAK's Pandora which is rumored to receive an expansion (not sure if it's a C-ticket or an E-ticket).

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

What he said, with zero cuts to the original plan! The Studios is already getting the bare minimum (even though the minimum standard is set so low in this park) for this expansion, so let them at least follow through with the original plans. Give us World IP Showcase Lagoon!

A Phase 2 is possible, since Tom Fitzgerald (Portfolio Executive for DLP) said during FanDaze 2018 that WDSP will be given more room for growth, hence the abundance of green space on the east side of the lake and the west side of the new "main street" connecting the old and new areas. I feel that they'll be focusing on filling up those green spaces for Phase 2.

I could see Pandora being built on the east side of the lake. It makes sense considering that by 2025 (when supposedly all the already-announced lands are built), almost all studios under TWDC will be represented in the park except Fox/20th Century Studios (*already announced future expansions):
  • Walt Disney Animation Studios - a section of Toon Studio (Flying Carpets over Agrabah, Animation Celebration, Animagique Theatre), a section of Production Courtyard (Stitch Live!) and Arendelle: World of Frozen*
  • Pixar - majority of Toon Studio (Crush's Coaster, Cars Race Rally, Ratatouille: The Adventure) and Toy Story Playland
  • Marvel - Avengers Campus Paris*
  • Lucasfilm - Star Wars Land*
Though of course, that could change depending on two things: 1) the success/failure of Avatar sequels (critical and/or box office), and; 2) the overall popularity of the Avatar franchise, especially in Europe. If both are fulfilled, then we turn our eyes to DAK's Pandora which is rumored to receive an expansion (not sure if it's a C-ticket or an E-ticket).
You are absolutely correct. It will depend on how well the sequels do. I think they will make a lot of money. I think it would be great to see Pandora and Zootopia at Walt Disney Studios. The park deserves a lot of great stuff. Plus I would love it if they got Runaway Railway as well!

Twilight_Roxas

Another IP that could fit in Paris since it’s popular there, and Disney doesn’t have the theme park rights in Orlando & California is Springfield & The Simpsons Ride.

Stevie Amsterdam

There’s no Universal in Europe so Paris could get them since The Simpsons is popular in Europe plus Homer, Marge, Lisa, Bart, Krusty, and Sideshow Bob could be meet & greet characters as well.
The fact whether there is a Universal Studios in Europe or not should not play into factor. When you follow that logic, you could also argue that Jaws or Waterworld would be a fit in DLP.

Just to play around with this idea, and without judging you, would you like to see a Family Guy meet and greet in DLP?

Robbiem

There’s no Universal in Europe so Paris could get them since The Simpsons is popular in Europe plus Homer, Marge, Lisa, Bart, Krusty, and Sideshow Bob could be meet & greet characters as well.
I actually think this is a good idea for Paris. The simpsons are still popular in Europe and it would help with making the studios park unique. A dark ride or simple coaster themed to the opening titles would be fun

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The park deserves a lot of great stuff. Plus I would love it if they got Runaway Railway as well!

Definitely. That park needs a lot of work to even the playing field with Disneyland Park next door so guests with Park Hopper tickets will feel they're getting the bang for their bucks.

I'd also love for Runaway Railway to go to the Studios as well instead of Disneyland Park. We've yet to see how Kevin Lively (taking over the show writing reins from Kevin Rafferty) tackle the "going-through-the-cinema-screen-to-enter-another-world" plot device in Disneyland's version at Mickey's Toontown (entering a mirror dimension, I suppose) so I'm slightly skeptical.

I'm a stickler for going with the Imagineers' original intent, so I'd prefer for the Studios to get Runaway Railway as opposed to creating a new mini Toontown behind Fantasyland. I'd rather have them use that plot of land (alongside the land behind Alice's Curious Labyrinth) for New Fantasyland. Beauty and Beast ride, anyone?

I actually think this is a good idea for Paris. The simpsons are still popular in Europe and it would help with making the studios park unique. A dark ride or simple coaster themed to the opening titles would be fun

Disney+ is really banking on The Simpsons' popularity, seeing as they're almost always featured in their ads, so I wouldn't be surprised if this gives an executive (Disney or WDI) an idea for WDSP 2.0's Phase 2. At the very least, WDI should look at Universal's current Simpsons rides and not do what they did (I mean, look at what's happening now with the 2 Spiderman rides). A Runaway Railway-style ride seems fitting for a Simpsons ride, though they may have to plus that to compete with Universal's ride.

IMDREW

Imo placemaking is the #1 thing WDS needs. It's got some very good rides, and after the expansion, the line-up will be even better. The main problem why I'm not spending much time over there and rather go to DLP is because the theming of WDS sucks. From the entrance studio to every corner of the park. Ratatouille is the only nice looking area and its very small. I'm still hoping for a total revamp of the entrance with a good, big icon (weenie) in the center. My vote goes out to the Sorcerer's Hat. (I know its part of the Animation building, but I'm talking about the size and look of DHS Hat was).

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I'm still hoping for a total revamp of the entrance with a good, big icon (weenie) in the center.

Honestly, I'm for demolishing Studio 1 and merging the Front Lot and Production Courtyard together to create a Buena Vista Street-esque atmosphere. Retain the Golden Age-style architecture but go all out with theming and infrastructure. Give Eddie Sotto's Main Street, U.S.A. a run for its money and wallpaper usage per square inch!

...Or at least go through his original plans for the 1920s version of Main Street (though that's more New York/Chicago than Hollywood) and see what we could get. The aboveground trolley system doesn't seem to be a bad idea.

Robbiem

Definitely. That park needs a lot of work to even the playing field with Disneyland Park next door so guests with Park Hopper tickets will feel they're getting the bang for their bucks.

I'd also love for Runaway Railway to go to the Studios as well instead of Disneyland Park. We've yet to see how Kevin Lively (taking over the show writing reins from Kevin Rafferty) tackle the "going-through-the-cinema-screen-to-enter-another-world" plot device in Disneyland's version at Mickey's Toontown (entering a mirror dimension, I suppose) so I'm slightly skeptical.

I'm a stickler for going with the Imagineers' original intent, so I'd prefer for the Studios to get Runaway Railway as opposed to creating a new mini Toontown behind Fantasyland. I'd rather have them use that plot of land (alongside the land behind Alice's Curious Labyrinth) for New Fantasyland. Beauty and Beast ride, anyone?

Disney+ is really banking on The Simpsons' popularity, seeing as they're almost always featured in their ads, so I wouldn't be surprised if this gives an executive (Disney or WDI) an idea for WDSP 2.0's Phase 2. At the very least, WDI should look at Universal's current Simpsons rides and not do what they did (I mean, look at what's happening now with the 2 Spiderman rides). A Runaway Railway-style ride seems fitting for a Simpsons ride, though they may have to plus that to compete with Universal's ride.

a simpsons version of runaway railway or even cartoon spin would be great

The Grand Inquisitor

1587054701916.png

You know what would be a great expansion to Fantasy land? The new Peter Pan land coming to Disney Sea. It looks great! It features 2 rides and shops and restaurants.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 464008
You know what would be a great expansion to Fantasy land? The new Peter Pan land coming to Disney Sea. It looks great! It features 2 rides and shops and restaurants.

I see your proposal and raise you this:
ksdhfkjds342ksdkjnf.jpg

sdjhfkdgkjdng2342321fw.jpg

Come on Imagineering, let the last French Disney princess have her own attraction in DLP, damn it! Aurora already took the castle and Cinderella has her own restaurant.

Or at least, our own Winnie the Pooh ride, but do it Splash Mountain-style. DLP guests do need to cool off in the hot summer months!
CnLkXxOXYAAyjNY

Pooh+Map.jpg

The Grand Inquisitor

I see your proposal and raise you this:
ksdhfkjds342ksdkjnf.jpg

sdjhfkdgkjdng2342321fw.jpg

Come on Imagineering, let the last French Disney princess have her own attraction in DLP, damn it! Aurora already took the castle and Cinderella has her own restaurant.

Or at least, our own Winnie the Pooh ride, but do it Splash Mountain-style. DLP guests do need to cool off in the hot summer months!
CnLkXxOXYAAyjNY

Pooh+Map.jpg
That would be truly awesome! My one wish would be to see a Winnie the Pooh themed land at any of the Disney Parks. I would build it at Hollywood Studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom