Magic Your Way Tickets

Magic Your Way Tickets

• Total voters

donald23

Original Poster
What are everyone's feelings on the new tickets system. IMO, they are way too expensive and I wish Disney World would go back to the way it used to be.

jcat2312

This was our first my DH, and I are able to go to Disney World without parents or school planning our trip, so I thought the MYW tickets were very easy to get and very easy to understand what we were getting. One stop for hotel, tickets, airfare and the dining package was well worth the extra $$ it might have cost.

146 days left!!!

MissM

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of them. Too restrictive and too many "extras" that you have to pay for now that you didn't used to. (Like, getting them to not expire on you. To me, that's crap. If I pay for tickets, it's up to me to decide when to use them, not let them basically take my money and not give me the service I paid for.)

Dunno, I don't like them. But I'm also not their target audience. I'm a FL resident who'd get an AP waaaay before I'd shell out for limited single-day tickets.
-m

rcc

MissM said:
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of them. Too restrictive and too many "extras" that you have to pay for now that you didn't used to. (Like, getting them to not expire on you. To me, that's crap. If I pay for tickets, it's up to me to decide when to use them, not let them basically take my money and not give me the service I paid for.)

Dunno, I don't like them. But I'm also not their target audience. I'm a FL resident who'd get an AP waaaay before I'd shell out for limited single-day tickets.
-m

We paid for the "extras" before. It was included in the price of a park-hopper pass. Now people have the option to chose whether they pay for it or not. The majority of visitors are not going back within a year and will use all the days they purchase on their tix.

We are AP holder too so it doesn't affect my family, but MYW is a better ticket system for the average guest than the old Ultimate Hopper Pass or 4,5,6 day hopper passes.

SpenceMan01

Slightly confusing. I don't like separating the Park Hopping and No-Expiration options. It just makes me (psychologically) feel like I am shelling out more money for stuff that was included before... depsite the fact that in many ways it SAVES you money. It just feels weird buying extra stuff now. I suppose it doesn't really affect me (I get PH and No-Exp), but for people on a budget, this can save money if you don't mind 1 park a day.

JPVonDrake

New MYW ticket Comparisons to 2004 ticket structure

Although this has been compared before....

With the pricing structure of the new Magic Your Way Tickets, you are really not “paying extra” to add the options. Instead you can save money by not being forced to pay for options you do not plan to use. When you factor in the cost of normal inflation, the price of the ticket with the same or similar options did stay the about the same or went down in price.

2004 One Day / One Park Ticket = $ 54.75...................2005 1-Day MYW Base Ticket = $ 59.75

2004 Four Day Park Hopper = $ 219.00........................2005 4-Day MYW +PH +NE = $ 235.00
(4 one days = $219 get park hopping free)...................(4 one days = $239 get park hopping free & save $4)

2004 Five Day Hopper = $ 249.00...............................2005 5-Day MYW + PH +NE = $ 263.00
(adds a day for $30)..............................................(adds a day for $28.00)

2004 Five Day Hopper Plus = $ 282.00.........................2005 5-Day MYW +PH +MMP +NE = $ 308.00
(adds 2 plus visits for $33 / $16.50 each)....................(adds 3 plus visits for $45 / $15.00 each)

2004 Six Day Hopper Plus = $ 312.00..........................2005 6-Day MYW+PH+MMP+NE = $ 321.00
(adds 1 park day & 1 plus visit for $30).........................(adds 1 park day & 1 plus visit for $ 13)

2004 Seven Day Hopper Plus = $ 342.00......................2005 7-Day MYW+PH+MMP+NE = $ 334.00
(adds 1 park day & 1 plus visit for $30)........................(adds 1 park day & 1 plus visit for $ 13)

MYW – Magic Your Way
PH – Park Hopping Option
MMP – Magic Plus Pack Option (now includes DisneyQuest)
NE – No Expiration Option
All prices are gate prices without tax for guest 10 and over.
Comparisons in ( ) is difference from above ticket option. This helps factor in normal ticket price inflation and allows for one to compare apples to apples.

With Magic Your Way, there is now 75 different ticket options allowing you to purchase only what you want without paying for features you don’t plan on using.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Chape19714

I think it makes WDW better to visit for the average family, and the FL resident deals that came with it are enough to convince me it's good!

MissM

Saying you're not paying extra but rather paying for what you want is just blanent marketing spin. Come on. Really now. :rolleyes: Stop being the Disney sales for half a moment, ya know? It's a good deal for some yes, but it's needlessly complicated and more then just a smidge insulting. Everything a la cart just means you get a lot less to start with. It's like the local steakary that charges extra for a side dish and claiming most people come for the steak anyway, so there's no point in including the side for the base price.
-m

Pioneer Hall

I think that if you know about the ticket system, you can definately benefit from it. The options work out very well and if you lpan out a few trips you can save a substantial amount of money.

Bronson

What about those of us who stay longer than 7 days? You can no longer book a hotel/Magic Your Way package for more than 8 days. It was suggested I book for 7 and purchase the water park option to fill in the other days. How many hours would you spend at Typhoon Lagoon? After that all you can do it hang around the hotel pool on into the night. I used to visit Pleasue Island every night. One of the things a vacation should be is relaxing and free of as many restrictions as possible. We used to be able to do and go wherever we pleased as many times as we wanted on a moments notice. If you stay longer than 7 days you are really restricted. It was also suggested I book two back to back seven day trips instead. The cost does not more. The only benifit I see is less crowded parks in the evening and more crowded hotel pools filled with people who don't want to waste a days entry just for the fireworks. I'm all for paying a fair price and assume an annual increase. What I don't like is no longer feeling like their "guest". You don't restrict guests movements when they visit your home do you?

Captain Hank

Once you get accustomed to the system, it can save you a bit of money. However, I'm dreading having to explain the nuiances to guests when I start working again.

DisneyMarg

Bronson, I don't know about booking a room for more than 7 days, but you can get up to 10 on the MYW ticket.

We are probably your typical Disney family - close enough to drive, but not often. The MWY tickets were a great bargain for us. We bought 10 days (PH+NE) for what we used to pay for many fewer. This means we get to make more trips to Disney - good for us and good for them. What a win-win situation!

JPVonDrake

Bronson said:
What about those of us who stay longer than 7 days? You can no longer book a hotel/Magic Your Way package for more than 8 days. It was suggested I book for 7 and purchase the water park option to fill in the other days. How many hours would you spend at Typhoon Lagoon? After that all you can do it hang around the hotel pool on into the night. I used to visit Pleasue Island every night. One of the things a vacation should be is relaxing and free of as many restrictions as possible. We used to be able to do and go wherever we pleased as many times as we wanted on a moments notice. If you stay longer than 7 days you are really restricted. It was also suggested I book two back to back seven day trips instead. The cost does not more. The only benifit I see is less crowded parks in the evening and more crowded hotel pools filled with people who don't want to waste a days entry just for the fireworks. I'm all for paying a fair price and assume an annual increase. What I don't like is no longer feeling like their "guest". You don't restrict guests movements when they visit your home do you?

Actually, you can book a Magic Your Way Vacation Package for up to 10 nights if you book by phone. The 8 night restriction is online only due to software limitations. Room-Only reservations can be up to 30 nights on one reservation (yes, people do stay that long! :eek: ) when booked by phone. For longer stays (package or room-only) you can simply book 2 continuing reservations. Previously Dream Maker Packages were available for up to 14 nights.

Magic Your Way Tickets are availiable for up to 10 days. For longer stays, you can purchase 2 tickets or you may consider an Annual Pass.

10 Day MYW +PH +advance purchase = $232.00
2 Day MYW + PH (no advance discount avail) = $154.00
Total for 12 days of park hopping = $386.00

Annual Pass (non-resident) = $395.00

For those that go to Pleasure Island every night consider an PI Annual Pass.
1 night PI = $20.95
PI Annual Pass = $55.95

(All prices are before tax for guest age 10 and older)

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Bronson

Some good suggestions. Thank you DisneyMarg and JPVonDrake . Think I need to get over the mental block that I will have micro manage my vacation days. Annual passes may be a good option. Thanks

AEfx

MissM said:
Saying you're not paying extra but rather paying for what you want is just blanent marketing spin. Come on. Really now. :rolleyes: Stop being the Disney sales for half a moment, ya know? It's a good deal for some yes, but it's needlessly complicated and more then just a smidge insulting. Everything a la cart just means you get a lot less to start with. It's like the local steakary that charges extra for a side dish and claiming most people come for the steak anyway, so there's no point in including the side for the base price.
-m

Totally disagree (and that's rare when I read your posts, M. :) ). Many people DO come for the steak and could care less about waterparks or Pleasure Island. Those that do enjoy them still have the option at a great price (especially for longer visits). I don't see how it's insulting to not force people into buying things they don't even have time to use in many cases (I can't imagine how I'd fit in 5-plusses in a week of park going - I'm there for the four majors and wouldn't have time even if I wanted to go to those places).

I'm planning a family trip in the fall, and I have an AP so we will have to buy tickets for the rest of the party, who a) will not return to WDW in the forseeable future and b) have no desire to go to waterparks or other "plusses".

Before MYW, in order to get a 7-day WDW pass they would have HAD to paid for the "plusses", and a 7-day park hopper cost about $350 dollars a person for a total of about $1050.

Now, since they don't need no-expire or plusses, it's going to be about $235/ticket (including park hopping) or $705, a savings of $345 for just three tickets, which is like getting one for free compared to the old prices!

For the average WDW visitor, these prices are MUCH better. Although I generally share the cynical view on things like this, I have to say I vastly perfer this method. You don't have to pay for things you don't need. The base prices are much lower for people who don't need no-expire, which is going to be the vast majority of guests.

WDW is rewarding people for spending a longer time there and making it much more financially possible. For those that like to take shorter trips, or locals that like to buy PH's and use them intermidently, yes, I can see why this isn't as good as before - but for the average WDW visitor it is going to work out in their favor.

As to confusing, I don't see it - if you can order a value meal at McDondalds you can make sense of this. I really like the chart Disney uses at the ticket gates - just pick your days, pick your options and be done with it.

AEfx

ogryn

Our UK exclusive tickets are better value. We can get a 14 or 21 day Ultimate Park Hopper (Essentially), which works out cheaper than the previous Ultimate Park Hoppers.

MissM

See, but I don't think the water parks are the side orders, I think park hopping and no expiration are the things that should automatically be included. They are part of the meal and without them, it's a rip off.

Waterparks, pleasure island - no biggie. Heck, I've never been to Blizzard Beach and I live here - but standard rights with the tickets that you always used to have that you now have to pay extra for - and consider it a value or privilge to do so - is never going to convince me it's anything more then BS marketing spin.
-m

shoppingnut

I'm not particularly fond of this new ticketing. I have an AP and never been to PI or a water park, don't particularly feel the need to go. However, when planning the trip for my brother's family, we were trying to keep costs down and by having to put everything in ala carte, I do feel cheated by not getting the PH and No Exp. which was automatic on the 5 day PH's. And one way of getting the 5 day to a 7 day was when you were down at disney, before you used the last day of the 5 day, you could go to guest services and add a day. The additional day was added at the 5 day rate and still had PH'ing.

All I know is I'm glad I will never have to be in line at any of the parks to buy a MYW ticket because it will take people forever to decide what they want from the ala carte menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom