Magic Your Way Tickets

Magic Your Way Tickets

• Total voters

rcc

MissM said:
See, but I don't think the water parks are the side orders, I think park hopping and no expiration are the things that should automatically be included. They are part of the meal and without them, it's a rip off.

is never going to convince me it's anything more then BS marketing spin.
-m

I think having to pay for additional features that you don't use is a rip off. If a family goes to WDW for the once-in-a-lifetime trip for a week (happens a lot) they won't need the no expiration and many families don't hop from park to park. Why should the majority pay for features that they won't use. It has been demonstrated in above posts why this saves those families money. But it "is never going to convince you it's anything more than BS marketing spin" Wow, that is an open minded attitude.

shoppingnut

rcc said:
I think having to pay for additional features that you don't use is a rip off.

I see the point of folks feeling they are being ripped off for having to pay for add'l features they don't use, while on the other hand, I feel ripped off by not being able to get them included in the ticket (basically PH and no expir.) I think the no expiration was one of the things I always thought was great about the tickets because what if you get sick during your stay and don't go into the park for a day or two, well you're just out of luck and now you've paid more per day on your entrance fee.

I understand the reasons why they changed the ticket system, however, it's not going to change my feeling/opinion that I don't like the system and do feel cheated by it.

rcc

If you get sick during your stay and miss a day or two in the park you can add no expiration to your ticket before you leave.

shoppingnut

rcc said:
If you get sick during your stay and miss a day or two in the park you can add no expiration to your ticket before you leave.

I am sure that not many people would even think that would be possible or even think about asking about such a thing. We here on these boards are more savy on the innerworkings of disney, but most folks aren't and I bet they would probably think they were just out of luck. In the long run, I think disney is going to make out on the MYW system, otherwise they wouldn't have changed to it. They want people to stay for 7 days, on property (never leave, thus the Magic Express) and spend all of their vacation dollars at disney.

Brianna19901

I like MYW and here's why...

With MYW, I have the option to get a 10-day ticket with no expiration. Since I have lots of unused plusses from tickets from previous trips, I won't need to add that as an option. With MYW, I'm able to do 2 trips in 2 years, using 5 park-days for each trip. AP wouldn't be an option since my trips are more than 365 days apart. The 10-day MYW is not much more than a 5-day and the 5-day is comparable to the old park hopper passes. So the way I look at it, I'm getting a big advantage to having the MYW. That said, 1 member in my party of 6 will get an AP to get the room discounts. Also, as I said with my existing plusses, any other type of pass, like the old park hoppers, would have included even more plusses that I wouldn't be able to use. The MYW allows me to be able to use up some or all of the plusses I've been accumulating. Kudos Disney!

MissM

I agree shoppingnut. I think that while it may help some people in some situations that at the end of the day, Disney will be making more money off of it. And of course, they're a business, and that is their goal. Nothing wrong with making more money but there's also nothing wrong with me feeling that the whole thing is just a bad spin on ways of short-changing their less savvy guests.

The poll is designed to share opinions in both ways so, no rcc, your thoughts are not the "right" one and yes in fact I am entitled to think what I think and not be swayed into thinking otherwise. It's not a "everyone let's say nothing but good things about MYW tickets" thread; it's a "hey, what are your thoughts on it" thread. That means all thoughts.

You'll just have to agree to disagree with mine as I do yours. Attacking someone's stance simply because they think other then you is downright silly.
-m

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
As was pointed out b AEfx it can be a benefit, but you really have to spend some time in evaluating what you need and compare. I guess I understand the no expiration option, but feel the need to get ten day tickets as they end up being just a little more than 4-5 days, and they'll get used eventually.

I do miss the Silver/Gold/Platinum plans that have been replaced. We usually did the silver as it gave us the flexability of meal and recreation plans. That really hasn't been replaced.

It just strikes me like the current telephone programs. There are so many detail and variables you can't help but feeling that you've missed something or that they are hiding something.

Laura

Premium Member
I can't answer. I love it and hate it at the same time.

PROS -
After you get into the 5 day range, you can keep adding days for only a couple bucks
Buying a 10 day hopper with no expiration could span over several short trips
Extremely low "price per day" with week long trips
Studying the crazy ticket combinations feeds my cravings for Disney overplanning

CONS -
Stinks for people who are only stopping in for a day or 2.
Stinks for people who are only staying a couple days and want to park hop.
I think the complexity of it can be overwhelming for someone who didn't research ahead, and can cause them to buy way more than they will use
I hate trying to explain the whole thing to people who want my help planning trips

PRO & CON:
The inexpensiveness of the 10 day pass makes me want to stay 10 days on EVERY trip! For this reason I'm going with an Annual Pass, so I'm not tempted to buy into this crazy ticket system!

Overall, I think I slightly like this system BETTER than the old, just because of the limitless combinations to choose from.

SpenceMan01

I think I am somewhat siding with M on this one.

Also, in clarification of my previous post, I DO understand that in many ways MYW tickets help people save money, but when we usually got 4 day park hoppers, we'd have all that stuff built in. Now, psychologically, it has a bad effect on me. Having to buy extra options makes it SEEM like I am dishing out more to get the same stuff that came standard in the past. It's just hard to make myself realize that it's the same deal. Get what I mean?

shoppingnut

SpenceMan01 said:
Now, psychologically, it has a bad effect on me. Having to buy extra options makes it SEEM like I am dishing out more to get the same stuff that came standard in the past. It's just hard to make myself realize that it's the same deal. Get what I mean?

That's exactly it.

Before I went with an AP, we'd buy the 5 day PH, not the ultimate PH with the water parks, etc. since we don't generally go to the water parks anyway, so I never had tickets with all those extras sitting around unused that every is always complaining about.

perculata

I've been reading these posts at this site for a few days know, but have never felt the need to post anything, until now. For MissM and all the other people who don't like these new tickets because they're more expensive, you really have no leg to stand on. These tickets aren't more expensive. If you actually cared to find out the truth, instead of just bashing the new program, you'd realize that Disney is doing everybody a favor. These tickets, including no expiration, pluses and hopper ARE CHEAPER than before. It offers better flexibility to families while at the same time offering better value. And those who say it makes them feel as if they're being ripped off need to stop being so emotional. If they though about it a little bit instead of fearing change then they'd realize that they now have more options and can buy these tickets at a cheaper price.

I also used to think that this was just a ploy to make more money for disney. While it does make you stay on property longer, generating more in park income for disney, the prices are now cheaper. Any person can take a look at the older prices and the newer prices and see that disney is actually helping out the customer here, as well as themselves. So please stop whining when things get better and just buy the tickets, they're cheaper.

rcc

MissM said:
I agree shoppingnut. I think that while it may help some people in some situations that at the end of the day, Disney will be making more money off of it. And of course, they're a business, and that is their goal. Nothing wrong with making more money but there's also nothing wrong with me feeling that the whole thing is just a bad spin on ways of short-changing their less savvy guests.

The poll is designed to share opinions in both ways so, no rcc, your thoughts are not the "right" one and yes in fact I am entitled to think what I think and not be swayed into thinking otherwise. It's not a "everyone let's say nothing but good things about MYW tickets" thread; it's a "hey, what are your thoughts on it" thread. That means all thoughts.

You'll just have to agree to disagree with mine as I do yours. Attacking someone's stance simply because they think other then you is downright silly.
-m

Short-changing guests? Could you give and example of the short changing?

The tickets may help some people? I wold estimate it would benefit the majority of visitors.

The poll is designed to get an idea of how the "majority" of wdwmagic posters feel about the MYW. And according to the members who have voted, MYW is a good ticket system.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't think that is in question. The question is whether MYW is a good system or not. This is a "hey what are your thoughts on it thread" and I gave mine and the reasons why they are valid. I think you are continuing this discussion because either you haven't proven your point yet or you can't accept that what I have said could be possible.

I don't feel that I have "attacked your stance". And I'm sorry if it came across that way, but I have presented only valid points that are backed up by fact.

Check out perculata's post!

MissM

perculata said:
<snip>

So please stop whining when things get better and just buy the darn tickets, they're cheaper morons.

Seriously now, resorting to insults and name calling it utterly uncalled for. Not to mention irresponsible to civil discussion on a family board.

rcc said:
I think you are continuing this discussion because either you haven't proven your point yet or you can't accept that what I have said could be possible.

Actually, I stated my opinion and then several people specifically referenced me, prompting a reply. I'm not trying to "prove" my point, merely responding to the references made directly at my own words. I have zero interest in trying to prove my opinion and at no time did I state that it was a "fact." I'm not converting people to my views, just sharing them as you are. You'll not convince me that it's a better system and you shouldn't be trying. I'm not trying to convince you, so please cease from acting like I am.

rcc said:
Check out perculata's post!
I did and it's rude and uncalled for. Other people who have presented their thoughts (a) did so without resorting to insults and (b) did so without anyone calling them out for it. It's how discussion is supposed to be.

The post author isn't a fan of them either and yet I don't see a big deal made of their opinion. Nor of anyone else who doesn't like them. Because it's really not. (A big deal that is.) Sharing your opinion and me sharing mine doesn't mean we have to be in agreement.
-m

AEfx

MissM said:
See, but I don't think the water parks are the side orders, I think park hopping and no expiration are the things that should automatically be included. They are part of the meal and without them, it's a rip off.

Waterparks, pleasure island - no biggie. Heck, I've never been to Blizzard Beach and I live here - but standard rights with the tickets that you always used to have that you now have to pay extra for - and consider it a value or privilge to do so - is never going to convince me it's anything more then BS marketing spin.
-m

Well, that is for YOU, MissM.

I really think you should look at the numbers before declaring it a rip off. It was a rip off before that you HAD to buy all these plusses and such if you didn't want it - Disney did not offer a pass greater than 5 days that didn't REQUIRE you to lay out an extra $100+ bucks for plusses and no expiration.

Why charge people for no expriy when they don't need it? Most people don't. Many people don't care for park hopping - why make them pay for it? In the old system the ONLY way to get a 7-day ticket was to spend $350 dollars.

To the average guest, this is MUCH better. I'd be willing to bet 95% of people never used the "no expire" option anyway, and people that want it can still get it.

You can not like the system, but to call it a "rip off" is pretty severe when anyone who does the math can clearly see that most guests are going to come out cheaper than before. As I said above, for three 7-day tickets with PH but without plusses you are saving well over $300 - just like getting a ticket for free under the old system.

I only like to pay for what I want, and this system allows that. I understand that you dislike the principle of the thing, but if you look at it practically it really is a benefit for many. For many families, the price difference can be the difference between a once-in-a-lifetime trip for only 4-5 days and a trip of a week or more. We are not typical Disney visitors - but for the typical visitor this is a much better deal than before.

AEfx

perculata

Just to let everyone know, my horribly rude post is no longer horrible rude, being that I removed the word "moron". Now my post just serves its orignial purpose of showing people that if they just simply think, then there isn't much of a reason one can find that makes these tickets a "rip- off".

GoofyFan1

I may be in the minority here, but....I liked the ultimate park hopper passes.

Coming from NY, it was nice having the option of arriving early, the first day, and leaving late on the last day. I also liked the being able to use the other parks (BB,TL, PI) Whenever I liked, not for only 6 days if I'm staying 10. Which brings up a whole other topic....I loved the length of stay feature you got with the UPH. When we go to WDW it is usually for 10 -12 days and we stay right at WDW we don't go to SeaWold or Universal. I want to be able to go anywhere in Disney I want for the entire trip, not just 10 days or add on 6 for the other parks.

Wow that felt good. I guess I'm PAP bound now. :)

MissM

50% don't like the new tickets for one reason or another. Fifty percent of the poll respondees! Between being too expensive, too confusing, or just dislike in general of the system, clearly, it's not winning fans universally.

For the final time, in my opinion, which you do not have to agree with in any way, shape or form, I find it a rip off. I dislike it utterly and think the old system was superior. I think the new system forces you to vacation the way Disney wants people to vacation as opposed to how the vacation fits for them.

50% of people like it. 50% don't. I'm in the latter. It's really that simple.
-m

perculata

If you're there for that long you should just buy an annual pass. It's a little more expensive than the 10 day ticket, but you can go to all the water parks, pleasure island, disney quest and all the theme parks. Plus you get free parking and hotel discounst. So again, disney has you covered ticket wise.

GoofyFan1

Bronson said:
What about those of us who stay longer than 7 days? You can no longer book a hotel/Magic Your Way package for more than 8 days. It was suggested I book for 7 and purchase the water park option to fill in the other days. How many hours would you spend at Typhoon Lagoon? After that all you can do it hang around the hotel pool on into the night. I used to visit Pleasue Island every night. One of the things a vacation should be is relaxing and free of as many restrictions as possible. We used to be able to do and go wherever we pleased as many times as we wanted on a moments notice. If you stay longer than 7 days you are really restricted. It was also suggested I book two back to back seven day trips instead. The cost does not more. The only benifit I see is less crowded parks in the evening and more crowded hotel pools filled with people who don't want to waste a days entry just for the fireworks. I'm all for paying a fair price and assume an annual increase. What I don't like is no longer feeling like their "guest". You don't restrict guests movements when they visit your home do you?

I agree with you 100%. As I wrote my reply the other night I was trying to say the same thing, but I'm not sure it came out right.

Disnut

If the tickets are the same when we go in 08 we will be getting the basic ticket plus park hopper op. for 7 days. Last time we went we went for 5 days and it was too short. now we are trying for 7. but MYW tickets seem simple enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom