News Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery closing for refurbishment

Hcalvert

Darn. They aren't going to have a chocolate-dipped pineapple anymore (at least it is not on the list). I rather pay for a sundae at the ice cream parlor (mint chocolate chip with peanut butter sauce is an awesome combination btw).

Chomama

Darn. They aren't going to have a chocolate-dipped pineapple anymore (at least it is not on the list). I rather pay for a sundae at the ice cream parlor (mint chocolate chip with peanut butter sauce is an awesome combination btw).
The pineapple is my favorite too! They may have it at Big top and Germany. If I see it this week I will let you know!

castlecake2.0

Not sure this ever counted as turn of the century Main Street
EA13CAFA-C682-4209-9F1C-FB48298FCDD0.jpeg

UNCgolf

Not sure this ever counted as turn of the century Main Street View attachment 589705

It didn't. Getting rid of that thing would have been a good part of the renovation, but it seems like they just screwed it up in other ways instead.

If they actually changed the entire floor from that excellent tile to the fake wood, that's a huge downgrade. People keep bringing up that it wasn't perfect before, but that's missing the point -- no one is saying it should have stayed exactly the same. If they were going to do a big renovation, the goal should have been to make it better, not worse (or even just a lateral move).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom