Magic Kingdom was a wreck last week

We were at WDW for 9 days in June. We found everything clean, painted, and perfect while we were there. There were no areas with non-working air conditioners. The landscape was beautiful and freshly planted. The hanging baskets were very pretty. I found no dirty areas where we waited in line. No trash laying on the ground. There were some areas under construction that were covered and draped to blend in. We go to WDW every year for our vacation. I am a very visual person and I pay close attention to the smallest of details. The only unusual thing this June was the enormous mosquitoes that about ate us alive, even in the eating establishments-- where the doors remain open all the time. The area had received large amounts of rain this year before we got there. I have seen the parks worn down in the past and in need of sprucing up, but not this year. Everything was magical!http://forums.wdwmagic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

elizs77

I was there three weeks ago. No trash abounding. No tarps up except in Fantasyland. A/C was most definitely running any time we went inside.

EPCOT Explorer

:lol: No. I was saying I beleive you. Those are the things that would probably make you crazy!
I know, I am being a PITA.:lookaroun:lol:
You shouldn't, he is a compulsive liar...

AKA, a future lawyer....
:fork:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:cry:

Epcot Explorer...You....you lied to me?! How could you! *throws book at you*

I think his major is history.

:lookaroun

First step to becoming a lawyer, major in history, business or political science for your undergrad. :wave:
No lying! Sheesh.:zipit:

And yes, majoring in History.:D

There is no "Law" major...only a "Pre Law" track.
I was there three weeks ago. No trash abounding. No tarps up except in Fantasyland. A/C was most definitely running any time we went inside.
That too!:sohappy: It was FREEZING in the Monorails, HoP and other stores...made me quite happy.

DisneyCanadian

I find that hard to believe. I know Disney execs and cheap when it comes to building/bringing new attractions to the park, but not on cleanliness and upkeep. Disney prides itself on the cleanliness of the park.

One thing that really impresses me about Disney parks is how clean it is. I find almost zero litter and the bathrooms are amongst some of the cleanest public bathrooms you will find anywhere.

nepalostparks

The exterior of Space Mountain has had no work done to it and looks filthy as always.

Space Mountain is currently closed for refurbishment. I would imagine that until they get the major work done inside, they won't be doing any major upkeep on the outside. That would seem a little backwards... clean up and touch up is normally done at the END of a renovation. If after it reopens it still looks 'filthy' on the outside, then you would have a valid complaint.

SeaBreeze

I'm glad to hear from other posters that Splash has been cleaned up. The last few times I was on it there was a noticeable and decent amount of trash around. It really bothered me that guests would just dump their trash in a ride like that :fork:

EPCOT Explorer

I find that hard to believe. I know Disney execs and cheap when it comes to building/bringing new attractions to the park, but not on cleanliness and upkeep. Disney prides itself on the cleanliness of the park.

One thing that really impresses me about Disney parks is how clean it is. I find almost zero litter and the bathrooms are amongst some of the cleanest public bathrooms you will find anywhere

Not at the MK, last week....It was clean, but at the same time, not really. They could have been better.:lookaroun:lol:

IlikeDW

This is conflicting reports to others recently posted saying things are looking good?? I wonder who to believe??:shrug:

I Was there in Jul, go with the other reports. And I'm fairly sure it not the same storefront being redone. Steve and I both posted pictures of the ARCADE rehab just after it went up.

WDWFigment

I was there last week, too, and I can confirm EE's sentiments, and not the OP's here.

No lying! Sheesh.:zipit:

And yes, majoring in History.:D

There is no "Law" major...only a "Pre Law" track.

If you really want to take the best path to law school, choose the easiest major possible, party throughout undergrad, and bank on doing exceedingly well on the LSAT.

Of course, if you don't want to bank on that, the best bet is to major in something besides a liberal art (so essentially, not a BS major) like engineering or meteorology. Law schools look more favorably at individuals who had difficult and/or intense majors. There is no major that prepares you 'better' for law school than any other, but only ones that prepare you for a certain workload and develop your critical thinking skills better.

For what it's worth, the former plan is much better, and more fun than the latter plan.

EPCOT Explorer

I Was there in Jul, go with the other reports. And I'm fairly sure it not the same storefront being redone. Steve and I both posted pictures of the ARCADE rehab just after it went up.

Yes, and I think some parts of what used to be Center Street are under tarps too, now.:wave:

SeaBreeze

I was there last week, too, and I can confirm EE's sentiments, and not the OP's here.

Of course, if you don't want to bank on that, the best bet is to major in something besides a liberal art (so essentially, not a BS major) like engineering or meteorology. Law schools look more favorably at individuals who had difficult and/or intense majors. There is no major that prepares you 'better' for law school than any other, but only ones that prepare you for a certain workload and develop your critical thinking skills better.

For what it's worth, the former plan is much better, and more fun than the latter plan.

Totally OT but I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Don't put yourself through the torture of getting an engineering degree unless it's what you truly want :lol:

prberk

If you really want to take the best path to law school, choose the easiest major possible, party throughout undergrad, and bank on doing exceedingly well on the LSAT.

Liberal arts majors (such as history, government, philosophy, English) are usually not fluff -- and definitely develop your critical thinking.

The main thing is to pick a good school, surrounding yourself with people who challenge you...

not unlike the typical understanding of Walt and his imagineers!

Paul

EPCOT Explorer

I'm surprised we didn't bump into each other!:lol:
Thanks for the back up!:wave:

And ":ROFLOL::ROFLOL:" at the bolded! Oh, how I wish, but it's not my style. ;)

I am hoping that History will fulfill that "harder" major plan, though...Honestly, History is my passion, and seeing that I want to go into Constitutional Law, it ties together. It's also more versatile in the fact of making a profession out of it...Although Law is the main goal, I can branch of into teaching, and even working in the field...

...Endless possibilities await!:eek::lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Totally OT but I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Don't put yourself through the torture of getting an engineering degree unless it's what you truly want :lol:
:dazzle::lol:

Put Law in there and we can talk...:lookaroun
Liberal arts majors (such as history, government, philosophy, English) are usually not fluff -- and definitely develop your critical thinking.

The main thing is to pick a good school, surrounding yourself with people who challenge you...

not unlike the typical understanding of Walt and his imagineers!

Paul
Yep...Especially if it's the analysis and debate of History, something we did HEAVILY in my AP Courses back in HS. I'm hoping we can really get into it on the college level...Another forte of mine, debate...:lookaroun:lol:

Love the Walt, parallel, BTW.;)

EPCOT Explorer

Watch it mister...third engineering degree in progress here :fork:
:lol:

My brother and sister-in-law are both attorneys however, so we can still talk. I'm cool by association :cool:

Ahhhh....:lookaroun:lol:

All my friends went into a "math" field...I'm the odd one out that ENJOYED (ok, loved) all the History classes we took.:lol:

cdunbar

Epcot Explorer has been there recently. Said other than AL and some rust in TL,it was great. And the things the OP said are the same things Epcot Explorer wants changed about EPCOT,so he would have told us about the "issues".

Yeah I was also gonna say that Evan was there last tuesday, and he didn't complain about anything. :Shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom