News Magic Kingdom & TTC Entrance/Parking Improvements

Mike730

Original Poster
Been a while so I gathered some photos from the Tom's Rag that have been posted over the past week.

Walking in from the MK Lot...
Parking-Lot-Walkway-2-22-20.jpg

A peak over the fence on your right reveals concrete work.
Mk-parking-construction-.jpg

On your left, after the tunnel, is the tram pick-up/drop-off area. The large white planter next to the queue railings is new and the tram loop in the distance has been reworked.
TTC-Construction-2-22-20-3.jpg

Continuing along, the bag check structures remain but the area is getting new concrete.
TTC-Construction-2-22-20-2.jpg

TTC-Construction-2-22-20-1.jpg

At the MK entrance, the new bag check structure for Bay Lake Resorts boat launch is going up. Seen from both sides:
MK-Entrance-Construction-2-20-20-Structure.jpg

MK-Entrance-Construction-2-20-20-structure-above.jpg

The photo below shows The Contemporary walkway construction. The Contemporary is to the right of this picture. You can see a wall being framed that will separate the new smaller bus loop from guests. The walkway will be between the new wall and the retaining wall along the hill.
MK-Entrance-Construction-2-20-20-pathway.jpg

Lastly, the expanded dock area for the Seven Seas Lagoon(Gold) Resort boat launches is making progress. The wide area to the left will eventually contain a bag check structure similar to the one pictured above.
Mk-entrance-construction1.jpg

jt04

Been a while so I gathered some photos from the Tom's Rag that have been posted over the past week.

Walking in from the MK Lot...
View attachment 452686

A peak over the fence on your right reveals concrete work.
View attachment 452687

On your left, after the tunnel, is the tram pick-up/drop-off area. The large white planter next to the queue railings is new and the tram loop in the distance has been reworked.
View attachment 452688

Continuing along, the bag check structures remain but the area is getting new concrete.
View attachment 452689
View attachment 452690

At the MK entrance, the new bag check structure for Bay Lake Resorts boat launch is going up. Seen from both sides:
View attachment 452691
View attachment 452692

The photo below shows The Contemporary walkway construction. The Contemporary is to the right of this picture. You can see a wall being framed that will separate the new smaller bus loop from guests. The walkway will be between the new wall and the retaining wall along the hill.
View attachment 452693

Lastly, the expanded dock area for the Seven Seas Lagoon(Gold) Resort boat launches is making progress. The wide area to the left will eventually contain a bag check structure similar to the one pictured above.
View attachment 452694

If they keep building out the approach to the MK soon people will be able to walk from the TTC.

But seriously, a skyway option seems more likely eventually. IMO.

jmuboy

If they keep building out the approach to the MK soon people will be able to walk from the TTC.

But seriously, a skyway option seems more likely eventually. IMO.

Personally, I think the Parkside arrival experience at the MK will LOOK much better and MOVE faster with these updates implemented. Living through the build out over the year or so has been trough but I think the finished product will be a win for the park. It will overall LOOK BETTER than what we had before (no tents!) and will be more coordinated. Plus, the screening is happening at varying points spreading the crowds out more. It’s a 50 year old park with huge crowds. The 1970s design and infrastructure was not serving this park well any more.

Last edited:

roj2323

Looks like TTC is finally starting to look more put together. Another month or so and trams should be dropping off where they're supposed to again unless they rip out and replace the roadway in the tunnel. Either way May doesn't seem far fetched for at least this part of the project to be wrapped up.

disney4life2008

Maybe it's just me but I have found leaving the magic Kingdom at closing has been less of a hassle at ttc. I think all the construction better distributes the crowds and for those going to the villan lots, most walk which results in not waiting in endless lines for the trams.

hpyhnt 1000

PHOTOS - Tram stop returns to the Transportation and Ticket Center as changes near completion

Not particularly impressed with how this is looking. I'm sure the ability to process thousands of people through security has improved, but in almost every other way, this redo is a big disappointment. Tram waiting areas are left uncovered; multiple landscape boxes have been lost; trees have been removed; brick paving has been replaced with plain white concrete; and the garish 90's aesthetic is still in place. Even the brand new security structures are just corrugated metal and look really cheap and tacky.

All the more disappointing after the wonderful makeover DHS got (and the EPCOT and AK ones are looking pretty good too).

Last edited:

celluloid

Of you are not in the sun, there is a good chance you are in the rain. Bad form with a chance to have a covered area. Now people.will.be rushing and crowding as well.as.waitkng.jn security awnings because it is the only shelter.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not particularly impressed with how this is looking. I'm sure the ability to process thousands of people through security has improved, but in almost every other way, this redo is a big disappointment. Tram waiting areas are left uncovered; multiple landscape boxes have been lost; trees have been removed; brick paving has been replaced with plain white concrete; and the garish 90's aesthetic is still in place. Even the brand new security structures are just corrugated metal and look really cheap and tacky.

All the more disappointing after the wonderful makeover DHS got (and the EPCOT and AK ones are looking pretty good too).
Yes it isn't good. I had similar hopes to you, bu it looks like it isn't going to happen.

TrainsOfDisney

In general I had hoped the new security structures would create a better guest experience. It’s no better, and in some ways it seems worse.

The structures are so large, and yet signage is bad both entering and exiting. One example.... at studios there are gates marked “exit” but you aren’t allowed to use them to exit, you must exit through the one central exit area. But this isn’t communicated in any way... you just have to know.

Here at the TTC... I just don’t get it. There is no signage, no theming, no nothing. Studios and DAK at least have some basic theming.

Movielover

I thought the whole point and original idea of the TTC was for it to be generic, that way you leave the modern world behind as you cross the lagoon into the world of Fantasy?

jmuboy

I thought the whole point and original idea of the TTC was for it to be generic, that way you leave the modern world behind as you cross the lagoon into the world of Fantasy?
If that’s true this new update is really on theme!
.....this is one step away from a Jersey Turnpike Toll Plaza!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom