Magic Kingdom Possible Future Path Expansions

S 2

Original Poster
I got caught up thinking and made a quick sketch about what the MK paths may look like in another 50 or 100 years. Just for fun, but wanted to share...
MK 2100 SM.jpg

zengoth

I think the paths the flank main street need to be used permanently for crowd control - theatre or no theatre.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sorry but from my understanding the Magic kingdom alone is 107 feet above sea level (http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Kingdom) and the Magic Kingdom is elevated around 15-20 feet from the surrounding area because of the utilidors, putting the Seven seas lagoon at an Elevation of 80 feet above Sea level?
World Showcase lagoon for example was left standing to fill naturally. And it wasn’t rain that did it.

alphac2005

The government's models are always wrong when it comes to weather and economics. I wouldn't worry about it. By 2050 all cars will be electric and nuclear, wind, and solar will dominate power generation.

One can hope. I've owned EVs for several years and we have around 1% of the U.S. market share, however places like Norway are more than 50% of new vehicle sales.

alphac2005

Rising sea levels won't affect Orlando as it's in the center of Florida (A lot higher in elevation than coastal areas). But i bet it'll take a BIG toll on everything else in Florida.

Actually, there will be significant issues in the Orlando area because of the St. John's River, which goes down to Sanford and up to JAX. Lots of the modeling shows a mess in areas like Sanford, Altamonte Springs, etc.

rreading

I'm sorry, but from my understanding the Magic kingdom alone is 107 feet above sea level (http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Kingdom) and the Magic Kingdom is elevated around 15-20 feet from the surrounding area because of the utilidors, putting the Seven seas lagoon at an Elevation of 80 feet above Sea level? Is this logic wrong?

My understanding is that you are correct on this. I imagine there is a reference besides the MK sign on the train station (which reads 108 ft)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom