Magic Kingdom Possible Future Path Expansions

S 2

Original Poster
I think the paths the flank main street need to be used permanently for crowd control - theatre or no theatre.
Most of the large bodies of water around property are at sea level.

I agree, imagine if there were 3 Main Streets, maybe one side could even tribute Edison Square. It would also be a nice thought for them to return the nooks that held lost things like the flower shop, or the return of an actual magic shop, or cinema....

Could it be that there is 100 ft difference from where they build most paths down to the bodies of waters? IDK, I wouldn't imagine WDW needs to worry about more than a five-foot difference and even that is manageable for them. Maybe the addition of lakes would lower the overall level of all lakes on property? IDK... I also sometimes wonder about way in the future when the bodies of water we know today all connect somehow... dreams i know, but fun to think about...

S 2

Original Poster
Awesome. A guy makes a cool map speculating about WDW's future, and it's turned into a debate over global warming. Where are the mods when you need 'em? :rolleyes:

LOL I did it as an afterthought from an old image I made, I'm just pleased it's gone on this far. I actually expected it to just disappear into the page, but posted anyway... You can't talk about 100 years from now without speaking of the rising oceans, so yes it's worth discussing (not debating, we debate things we aren't sure of). I expect the imagineers to consider all sides when constructing everything even decades ago, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the things they planned for. It's interesting that the land is 100 ft above sea level, yet there are lakes everywhere so it must be an issue or the lakes would just drain. IDK.

But as for the paths, and future of the park in general. It's cool to think about how the park might fill in. I personally would love to see Disney attempt another American region around the banks of the river. They've done New Orleans and the Colonial Northeast, I always thought Savannah would make a good choice if Disney were to make another. Maybe past the Haunted Mansion, and the Western River Expedition past BTMRR and a volcano seen from across the Seven Seas Lagoon (one that would compete w the new Universal one in Adventureland, and more circular paths. It's really exciting to think about!! I was originally going to fill in the map but just got distracted, maybe one day I still will...

Trek

I'm sorry, but from my understanding the Magic kingdom alone is 107 feet above sea level (http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Kingdom) and the Magic Kingdom is elevated around 15-20 feet from the surrounding area because of the utilidors, putting the Seven seas lagoon at an Elevation of 80 feet above Sea level? Is this logic wrong?
Lake levels reflect the unconfined (water table) aquifer level over time. The water table aquifer follows topography and is not reflective of sea level. For example, you can go into the mountains and find springs, I assure you they are not at sea level.

Berret

In the Parks
No
World Showcase lagoon for example was left standing to fill naturally. And it wasn’t rain that did it.

Way late to the party on this thread, but reading through it, your post piqued my interest. Can you elaborate a little more on what you were saying about World Showcase Lagoon, please?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Way late to the party on this thread, but reading through it, your post piqued my interest. Can you elaborate a little more on what you were saying about World Showcase Lagoon, please?
The lagoon was dug out and allowed to fill naturally. And a sinkhole.

They tried to plug the sinkhole with a mechanical digger to no avail.

S 2

Original Poster
The lagoon was dug out and allowed to fill naturally. And a sinkhole.

They tried to plug the sinkhole with a mechanical digger to no avail.

How does this compare with how they filled in Seven Seas Lagoon? Also, was crescent lake built the same time as World Showcase Lagoon?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How does this compare with how they filled in Seven Seas Lagoon? Also, was crescent lake built the same time as World Showcase Lagoon?
Same as. Seven Seas filled somewhat to Bay Lakes level naturally - once Bay Lake was refilled - and then the breakthrough was made (the viaduct was built beforehand)

Crescent lake came in 1988-9 as part of Epcot resorts / MGM.

Showcase / Crescent are self contained. Seven Seas and Bay Lake are part of the Reedy Creek canal system that needs to be treated with care.

Last edited:

FullSailDan

Same as. Seven Seas filled somewhat to Bay Lakes level naturally - once Bay Lake was refilled - and then the breakthrough was made (the viaduct was built beforehand)

Crescent lake came in 1988-9 as part of Epcot resorts / MGM.

Showcase / Crescent are self contained. Seven Seas and Bay Lake are part of the Reedy Creek canal system that needs to be treated with care.

Can you expand on that last part? Curious what the special conditions are for RC Canal system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom