Magic Kingdom Packed!

Michael72688

Original Poster
I was at Magic Kingdom on Aug. 31 and it was soo crowed you could barely move! We saw SpectroMagic in Frontierland and from the Liberty Bell all the way to Cinderella's Castle to the end of Main Street it was filled with people. The park closed at 9 but we stayed to watch Fantasy in the Sky (Do not watch it from next to the Castle in Liberty Square, you cant see anything) the Fireworks were at 9:15 and were over in about 5 minutes. There were so many people leaving the park we decided to wait, at 10 we decided to join the crowds, which hadn't died down, and head to the exit. Once we got there we had to take the Monorail back, There were hundreds of people waiting to get on the darn thing, it took about 5 - 10 minutes, but we took a few short cuts. We actually didn't start to drive untill about 10:45. I'm very glad to see this, especially after going last October and seeing nobody there, it is good to see that people are traveling again! :)

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Labor Day Weekend!

Most resorts have a big upturn during this period. It is the last big summer holiday period in the USA.

jmarc63

Don't forget school is starting so familys with school kids won't be traveling for a few months . The best hope is for the locals and adults sans children in school to visit.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by jmarc63
Don't forget school is starting so familys with school kids won't be traveling for a few months.

I have previously always taken my young kids out of school a few days early or they've returned to school a few days late after their holidays. You tend to get a few days peace and quiet.
Mi pairents did the saym with me and mi sister and it didnt affet mi edukashun.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by gjpjtj
I hope the attendance drops by the 15th, when I arrive!!:lookaroun

Please dont say that, after what I saw last I hope I never have to see it agian, it was eerie, and sad!

Debbie

Originally posted by gjpjtj
I hope the attendance drops by the 15th, when I arrive!!:lookaroun

The few times I have gone in September, it was wonderful. One year it was so slow I approached a cast member about it. She told me it was always like that. Now she was full of *rap, as the next September, wasn't like that. I think '85 was a really slow year for WDW. Matter of fact, that was the year a special was running, buy 4 days, get one free.
I am going to try to sneak away next September because it is one of my favorite times to go to WDW.

Scooter

My wife and I always go to WDW in May and October.

Partly because of the Food and Wine festival and Flower and Garden show, but mostly because the kids are all in School at that time so the parks are usually not nearly as crowded.

Well the last couple of years that has changed considerably.
Apparently people are catching on to the slow seasons and are taking advantage of the cheaper rates because the last two times we went it was alot more crowded than the previous years.

A lot of tourists from other countries are there then also. Thank God for our over the seas visitors.

I also think alot of kids are "Home Schooled" now which allows familys to go to Walt Disney World whenever that want to.

I do wish they would extend the park hours now that there are more people going in the off season...I miss The Magic Kingdom at night :cry:

mkfan23

I'm taking our six-year old out of school for 3 days in oct. We figured the short time of school missed would be worth the hopefully cooler weather and shorter lines, but I'm not hoping for a ghost town either.

Katherine

I think I'm goin November 21-24( the week before Thanksgiving). I have 2 questions 1) Will it already be crowded? and 2) Will the weather be pretty warm still?

mkfan23

Originally posted by Michael72688
mkfan 23, sorry but dont think temps. will fall too much in Oct. When are you going?

We're going Oct. 2-6. I know it won't be much cooler, but maybe we'll get lucky. I'm planning on having a great time regardless.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Michael72688
I was at Magic Kingdom on Aug. 31 and it was soo crowed you could barely move! We saw SpectroMagic in Frontierland and from the Liberty Bell all the way to Cinderella's Castle to the end of Main Street it was filled with people. The park closed at 9 but we stayed to watch Fantasy in the Sky (Do not watch it from next to the Castle in Liberty Square, you cant see anything) the Fireworks were at 9:15 and were over in about 5 minutes. There were so many people leaving the park we decided to wait, at 10 we decided to join the crowds, which hadn't died down, and head to the exit. Once we got there we had to take the Monorail back, There were hundreds of people waiting to get on the darn thing, it took about 5 - 10 minutes, but we took a few short cuts. We actually didn't start to drive untill about 10:45. I'm very glad to see this, especially after going last October and seeing nobody there, it is good to see that people are traveling again! :)

My g/f and I were at MK on Saturday (8.31.02) as well, but we were there from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Since we've seen all that we wanted to see (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, and Alien Encounter), we bailed out just as the crowds were really starting build in. It did rain that afternoon, but only for a short while. We had to head back to the resort early (we stayed at the All Star Music Resort) as we had dinner reservations at the Polynesian Luau at 5:15pm. The weather for the luau was perfect. It was a little on the hot and humid side, but you really couldn't have asked for better weather as this was her first time at the luau. I was worried about getting an early dinner reservation seeing how the thunderstorms kick in at around 4pm or so. But, everything was perfect. The show was fun, as always, and the food.. it's ALWAYS CONSISTENT! :)

Mag1575

I had visited The Magic Kingdom on Aug 26 and it was empty. In fact all four parks were. The Magic Kingdom was the most crowded of the four.

Mark

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Mag1575
I had visited The Magic Kingdom on Aug 26 and it was empty. In fact all four parks were. The Magic Kingdom was the most crowded of the four.

Mark

For some reason, it always is. Probably has to do with the fact that there's more to do there. :)

celticdog

In the off-season are weekends crowded?:confused:

I recall my trip from last october 2002, MK on a saturday was unreal. I couldn't believe how crowded it was, however, My trip in september 1999 was absolutelty splendid, but we weren't in the MK on a weekend.

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by Katherine
I think I'm goin November 21-24( the week before Thanksgiving). I have 2 questions 1) Will it already be crowded? and 2) Will the weather be pretty warm still?

1) The week before thanksgiving it probably wont be very crowded (cant be 100% sure though, never been then)

2) By then it will start to be cooler, especially compared to now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom