Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremony

ohioguy

I'm going to the World next month, and my sister tells me "NOT" to miss the opening ceremony of the Magic Kingdom. How soon do I have to be at the front gates to watch the opening? She said they stumbled upon it by accident.

If it opens at 9am, what time do they do the ceremony?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I usually get there about 15 minutes before the posted opening time, and the "show" starts a few minutes after my arrival.

If you're not staying on property, don't go on a morning they have morning EMH, because they'll have already done the show when you get there.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I'm going to the World next month, and my sister tells me "NOT" to miss the opening ceremony of the Magic Kingdom. How soon do I have to be at the front gates to watch the opening? She said they stumbled upon it by accident.

If it opens at 9am, what time do they do the ceremony?

We also didn't know anything about it and were there to see it for the first time a few years ago. I love it and my children do too. This past Oct we were there about 30-45 minutes early and we were close to the front. The CM's were passing out Mickey Mouse Pixie dust for the children to throw into the air when the park opened. It was too cute.:)

Upvote 0

dave2822

I'd plan to get there by 8:30 a.m.

I've seen times - particularly when its crowded - that they perform the opening ceremony at 10 to 15 minutes of 9:00, then hold the guests on Main Street until 9.

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

If you want to have a good view, don't stand too close to the gates, because the show takes place on the WDW railroad tracks (up high and over the gates). We went in May and the show started at 8h50 a.m. on the 2 mornings we were at MK (both without morning EMH). Have a good trip :wave:

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I agree, the opening ceremonies at Epcot and Animal Kingdom are great too! We try and hit them all. The really start your day in a "Macical Way".

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
How does Disney choose which family gets to officially open the MK?:shrug:
I've always wondered about it.

They pick a family earlier that morning. If you want to be chosen, I would arrive in the entrance plaza about an hour before park opening. Beyond that, it's kind of random who is chosen.

Upvote 0

majortom1981

trolly thing

The trolly thing is a little show that gets done right after opening. There is a trolly that goes down main street that has a whole bunch of actors that sing and dance. I like that better then the opening .

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

what do they do for the opening ceremonies at EPCOT and AK? and, nothing for the Studios?

The Studios is cool to! They come out in the old time movie trucks and do a skit out how the whole day you will be in a movie. The jokes are corny but certainly entertaining. I don't think any of them should be missed.

In AK is to me probably the best! Mickey, Minnie, and most of the classic characters are on Safari.

There is always lots of singing dancing or cute jokes flying about!

Check them out!!!:D

Upvote 0

goofntink

How does Disney choose which family gets to officially open the MK?:shrug:
I've always wondered about it.

From what I remember when I was a MK CM years ago in high school and college.Boy, Now I feel old.:( A majority of the time they were one of the families that were on the Behind the Steam train tour in the morning.They would ride up to the front on the train when they brought it up to the station and staged it for the opening of the park.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I love MKs park opening and my littlest loves it too. She calls it the good morning and always wants to watch it on our dvd. However, the only thing that annoys me about it is this:

The last two times we went we got there early and got a spot right in the middle near the front, but we weren't standing on the wall because then it's harder to see. My kids got little castle confetti to throw and they were very excited. Then, five minutes before the show starts, extremely rude people walk around us and stand directly in front of us with their children sitting on the wall. Now my children who were standing in front of us can not see at all. I really believe in a first come first served type of situation like this, that adults should not just walk right up and stand in front of people who have been waiting there for a half hour. I have no problem with kids coming up, but come on, how rude. There, that's the end of my rant. I know it happens all the time and I shouldn't get worked up about it, but it still bugs me!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom