Magic Kingdom Observations 5-12-12

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Let's be fair. Most of us learn that you only need to do CBJ and Tiki Room once to know that you never really need to do them again. :wave:

Keep telling yourself that. We went yesterday specifically for those two shows alone. Hit Splash and POTC as bonus. Splash: hopping rabbit was hopping (haven't seen that in a while) but first set of birds to the right fishing were completely motionless and no dancing waters in laughing place. The best sight of the day was riding past Space Mountain on the train and seeing a hi-top chair up on one of the ledges on the mountain behind the game room. That's some employee lounge. Idiots.

Magenta Panther

Keep telling yourself that. We went yesterday specifically for those two shows alone. Hit Splash and POTC as bonus. Splash: hopping rabbit was hopping (haven't seen that in a while) but first set of birds to the right fishing were completely motionless and no dancing waters in laughing place. The best sight of the day was riding past Space Mountain on the train and seeing a hi-top chair up on one of the ledges on the mountain behind the game room. That's some employee lounge. Idiots.

I think Country Bears still needs some loving care, particularly with the sound and with the movement of the AA's. But Tiki Room is WONDERFUL. Aside from some poor lip-syncing from the flower AAs (come ON TDO, that's BASIC stuff!), it is a wonderful oasis full of classic Disney magic. WORLDS better than the New Management version with its horrible Iago AA and the lame attempts at cynical humor. I had never seen the original Tiki in person, because when I went to WDW my first time, it was down for repairs or something. Years later when I returned to WDW, Tiki was in its NM phase. So anyway, because of the fact that the original Tiki was from Walt's day, I was afraid that the original show would seem hokey and dated. It isn't, at least not to me. It is truly magical, and has a sweet and earnest humor that used to be a Disney trademark. I visited the Tiki Room twice during my last visit, and I'll certainly visit it again during my next one. It is, in my opinion, definitely a must-see. :)

hack2112

Ok, So here are a few notable things I'd like to point out.
The Frontierland Hoedown brought back memories of One More Disney Day (I did the whole 24hours that day)

Well, thats about it for now.
Man, that 2:30 (maybe 3:30) AM Hoedown sure was amazingly hilariously awesome. Good times... Good, delirious, times...

Jakester

Original Poster
Man, that 2:30 (maybe 3:30) AM Hoedown sure was amazingly hilariously awesome. Good times... Good, delirious, times...
It was at 9:55am, 10:50am, 11:40am (Feb. 29), and 2:45am, 3:30am, and 4:30am overnight.
One More Disney Day was absolutely amazing, I really want this to happen again soon, nothing like leaving the park at dawn.

hack2112

It was at 9:55am, 10:50am, 11:40am (Feb. 29), and 2:45am, 3:30am, and 4:30am overnight.
One More Disney Day was absolutely amazing, I really want this to happen again soon, nothing like leaving the park at dawn.

I went to either the 2:45 or 3:30 one, can't quite remember.

Tons of fun, though. Tons and tons and tons of fun.

We saw that chair as well......

IanDLBZF

Just got back from the World...

Is everything perfect... no, but I think ( from what I saw ) , they are attempting to get things back to where they should be, but they simply can not do it all at once, they HAVE to do it one building at a time. And that will take time. ( YES, they should not have let it get to this point where everything needs it, but that's done now, the only thing now is how to go about it from here. )

Good point! It just takes time to do those refurbs, but we cannot have BTMRR and Splash Mountain down at the same time, it will cause problems. See my point!?

schroep

Wife got me a Keys to the Kingdom tour for our anniversary. Was nice but definitely geared towards someone who is a beginner Disney fan.

I found all the parks and our resort to be very well kept. CBR hasn't looked this good in years. All of the CM's were wishing us Happy Anniversary everywhere we went. This was the most attention we've ever gotten from wearing pins, it was crazy! Even when we were married, we didn't get as many compliments. CM's were all great. Well, except for the manager at Pecos Bills, he seemed to be one unhappy camper.
Congrats on your anniversary! My wife and I honeymooned at WDW, and are headed back next week for our 20th.

Agree with your comments; we love WDW and go at least once a year (from Colorado, no less), but there are some things that could stand some serious overhaul.

captainkidd

I have an idea. Why don't you and certain fans volunteer to help finish the refurbs? I think that would be the most constructive thing for you to do since you don't think they're being finished fast enough.

I don't get paid, nor do I know how to do the word. I would assume the company Disney hires is at least competent as a company hired to build a strip mall.

NormC

The engineers & technical people that ultimately need to address these issues are people that are VERY hard to come by these days. A mix of engineering, computer science, and electronics coupled with a desire to NOT sit in front of computer screen all day. A lot of them are aging, and it's VERY hard to recruit new ones.

I am one of those people and would love to work there and address those issues. From what I hear though the problem is not manpower. It is budget.

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
i would love to have the opportunity to just head to the world whenever i wanted. must be great living so close. can't wait until July!!

Grumpy1973

i would love to have the opportunity to just head to the world whenever i wanted. must be great living so close. can't wait until July!!
Yes Coach, living a little over 10 minutes away definately has its perks, we can head out and spend a couple hours just walking around and don't get upset when it's so crowded we can't ride anything, we just head back home...and the nightly fireworks show from the backyard is kinda cool too, the kids love it!:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom