Magic Kingdom News

FLcastmember

Original Poster
ok guys, here is all the latest info i got about the MK and some WDW news as well, enjoy...

DIAMOND HORSESHOE SALOON REVIEW.

Bad news.....it is 100% going to close. I confirmed that by upper park management. Feb 1st.

Good News....MK entertainment has been listing to guest feedback, and what the guests are saying is they LOVE the castle show, and the fact that the charters interact with guests after the show. So, as a result, they are in the planing stages of a new, character based show, themed to the ''frontier" WITH LOTS AND LOTS of character and guest interaction. There is no timeline on when this new show may open, and current plans call for a meet and great with the Toy Story characters for now, of course not buzz himself, but woodey and the gang.

EDIT>>> Now with the Country bears gone, Woody and the Gang have been making appearences out infront to the CBJ. This supports the idea that they will be going into the DHSR building soon.....

BTW, the kids seem to like them better then the bears, but the adults do not....who will win.....????

Tom Sawyer Island....for the last 3 weeks and for about 2 more, the main Island dock has been closed and under Rehab. They are simply refurbing the fences, and benches and walls ect ect, nothing major. For now the rafts are docking at the ''Huck Dock'', located near the bridge to the fort. This dock is generally only used in emegencies, or when we increase form 2 rafts to 3 rafts, during Easter and X-mas.

Splash Photo....still under rehab till the end of Feb, but you can still buy photos in the mean time.

Pecos Bills.....will be closed mid week next week for floor rehabing. one to two days max.

Epcot

Spain....its gone.

M:S...the wall that was in the back, keeping CM from getting to close, has been removed, but from the back, the building just looks like the back of anyother attraction, with a loading dock and emegency exits. Nothing too exciteing. Oh yeah, and its going to open Sunday...............just kidding....sorry i had to do it!

Resort News

Pop Century.....still apears to have 0 work going on there, however one of the swiming pools has been filled with water, but others remain dry. Also 0 work going on at ''phase 2 of this project. Still only the main building and just one other up. Where as phase 1 looks from the outside, to be all done. But from what i here, the rooms are far from done.

Shades of Green....looks like the first few stories of the at least 2 buildings are up. Still a long way to go.

Disney Vacation Club at the Institute.....ground now all cleared, looks like fundations are about to be poored. Some old Villias remain, and appear to be staying, but unsure if they will be used or not.

Bonnet Creek....main road into complex complete, construction on intersection to merge it into the Disney comlpex is going on now.

Epcot Center Drive.....the bridge near DD has been down to one lane for over 2 months now, due to extensive damage. These lane closures will continue to at least the end of Spring. SEEK ALT ROUTES during busy times, as this 3 lane road is now down to just 1.

General Grizz

*drat* Get out of our street, Woody! :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

Actually, I guess that part is OK..unless the new revue takes away from the CBJ audiences. *sigh*

pheneix

>>>as a result, they are in the planing stages of a new, character based show, themed to the ''frontier" WITH LOTS AND LOTS of character and guest interaction<<<

Wonderful! Now they can make the Magic Kingdom one big homogonous meet and greet! :mad:

>>>current plans call for a meet and great with the Toy Story characters for now<<<

I can already see it now:

"Our new Woody's Round-Up character meet and greet is so popular that it will remain up indefinitely!"

>>>First of all Spain was never there...
they're building it...<<<

Better go check up on current events, because Spain had been in Epcot for the past several months.

>>>Second put your glasses on at Pop Century...It's nearly finished,
Opens THIS summer...<<<

Oh which year? ;)

Keep it up with the updates. A lot of the "little things" that probably would have faded into oblivion see the light of day in your postings.

WDWspider

Re: Re: Magic Kingdom News

Originally posted by Corrus
First of all Spain was never there... :brick:
they're building it...

Second put your glasses on at Pop Century...It's nearly finished,
Opens THIS summer... :cool:

And third, Keep negative remarks to yourselve...:mad: :mad:
Go to Universal or something...

I hate Negative Waves...:fork::fork::fork:

Spain was there.

The Spain Pavilion should be coming.

Nothing in this post sounded negative to me, just informative.

If facts seem less than desireable, then it's not his fault, he's just reporting them.

I have no clue on Pop Century, but having one pool filled, seems positive to me.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended

Which of the mentioned comments was negative? I found the post informative.

Where did YOU get your information? Are you a cast member?

I believe the negative waves are coming from you.

Keep the news coming FLcastmember!

Erika

they're building it...

Well, I sure had fun there in October. The dancers were amazing. I knew it was supposed to be temporary but I thought they did a really nice job.

How is this negative? :veryconfu Just some information- some bad, some good, all depending on your perspective.

I thought I had read elsewhere that Pop Century was on hold indefinitely, but that was a while ago.

Yellow Shoes

Water In the Pool

My husband the engineer keeps trying to explain this to me, and I try to understand it--perhaps it will make sense to you.

Here is Kansas, we get winter (it is 20 right now), yet people do not drain their swimming pools. Our neighbor usually pumps about 12 inches of water out, then puts a cover on.

This is because if you drain a pool completely, the ground is more likely to shift. That big concrete hole needs the weight of the water to keep it structurally sound.

Perhaps that is why they went ahead and filled the Pop Century pool.

WDWspider

Re: Water In the Pool

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
My husband the engineer keeps trying to explain this to me, and I try to understand it--perhaps it will make sense to you.

Here is Kansas, we get winter (it is 20 right now), yet people do not drain their swimming pools. Our neighbor usually pumps about 12 inches of water out, then puts a cover on.

This is because if you drain a pool completely, the ground is more likely to shift. That big concrete hole needs the weight of the water to keep it structurally sound.

Perhaps that is why they went ahead and filled the Pop Century pool.

ah... that does make sense. If you just had a big empty hole, the ground would be pushing on the walls (wanting to cave into the hole). If you fill it with water, then you have a filled hole, and there is no empty space for the ground behind the walls to want to "fall" into. Does that help it to make sense?

orangefan15

Thanks for the update FLCastmember...

And I agree with whoever made the comment about the meet and greet staying *screams*... like we need more meet and greets:brick: :brick: :brick:

thanks for the updates- i knew something was different when we where docking on tom sawyer island on thursday. i cant wait for the splash pic rehab thing its just too crazy now. o ya i know u wont know this but why did they wash our pic away? all we were doing was pretending to sleep on the drop,unless it was the guy and his 5 year old daughter in the back:lookaroun ...

jwbeck3

Re: Re: Water In the Pool

Originally posted by spider-man
ah... that does make sense. If you just had a big empty hole, the ground would be pushing on the walls (wanting to cave into the hole). If you fill it with water, then you have a filled hole, and there is no empty space for the ground behind the walls to want to "fall" into. Does that help it to make sense?

hmmmmm.....kind of reminds me of 20,000 Leagues...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by orangefan15
*screams*... like we need more meet and greets

bite your tongue! I need my job! lol

plus, it's not like they're getting rid of an attraction. They're swapping a show for a show. Even replacement

Atticus

they're building it...

Second put your glasses on at Pop Century...It's nearly finished,
Opens THIS summer... :cool:

I hope you were only joking? This person is a cast member who is reporting true news and updates on other information. You need to take some sort of "chill pill" and not get so nasty over a person doing NOTHING WRONG!

FLCastMember, keep the updates coming because yours are true and informative, unlike a lot of others!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Magic Kingdom News

Originally posted by Atticus
I hope you were only joking? This person is a cast member who is reporting true news and updates on other information. You need to take some sort of "chill pill" and not get so nasty over a person doing NOTHING WRONG!

FLCastMember, keep the updates coming because yours are true and informative, unlike a lot of others!

atticus,

somehow I have a feeling that corrus has some sort of importance within the Walt Disney Company... just a feeling.

However, yes FLCastMember. keep the updates coming, since they are

A-informative

and B- less people ask me, since they'll ask you.. (woohoo!! less burden for me!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom