Magic Kingdom losing evening EMHs?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Should a company that essentially forces their customers to plan their vacation down to the hour, months and months in advance, have a calendar detailing their operating hours that is correct, also months and months in advance?

Yes. Yes, they should. That's why I'm constantly pointing out how wrong it often is and how awful a job Disney does with their online calendars.

But, what do I know, I'm just a pixie duster.

;)

BoarderPhreak

Meanwhile... Shenanigans by The Mouse™ continue:
According to reports from guests, Disney has started cancelling reservations for Magic Kingdom Early Morning Magic dates in September. Guests are said to be getting a full refund, credit for breakfast at the Plaza Restaurant or Crystal Palace, and 8 FastPass+ entitlements.

As of publish time, the September dates still show up on Disney’s website, but they are unavailable for booking. We’ll continue to update this story as more information becomes available.

LuvWDW2

I suspect they are going to do daily EMH at MK as an alternative to SW:GE madness, thus the cancellations. It’s a pretty nice consolation prize IMO

Kman101

I personally don't think there was a ton of interest in EMM. I know a lot of vloggers lately seemed to be pushing it and "reviewing" it (I always find some of the timing of their videos ... interesting ...) but I don't know that they see it as a "success" like they are with After Hours at night. It makes sense to offer EMH in the morning as an incentive to hotel guests. Nighttime was never as beneficial as much as folks like to be in the parks at night, it was busy and it's not like day guests were completely kicked out. Crowding was still an issue. I think I see a method to their madness, even if I disagree with some of it.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I know a couple of people who got their EMM cancelled. The EMM is being replaced by EMH instead.

But...but I thought Disney was getting rid of EMH and replacing it with only upcharge events! This doesn't fit the narrative, it can't be right!

I personally don't think there was a ton of interest in EMM. I know a lot of vloggers lately seemed to be pushing it and "reviewing" it (I always find some of the timing of their videos ... interesting ...) but I don't know that they see it as a "success" like they are with After Hours at night. It makes sense to offer EMH in the morning as an incentive to hotel guests. Nighttime was never as beneficial as much as folks like to be in the parks at night, it was busy and it's not like day guests were completely kicked out. Crowding was still an issue. I think I see a method to their madness, even if I disagree with some of it.

I've heard that EMM was pretty successful. I think they're doing this b/c of Galaxy's Edge...

nickys

Premium Member
But...but I thought Disney was getting rid of EMH and replacing it with only upcharge events! This doesn't fit the narrative, it can't be right!

I've heard that EMM was pretty successful. I think they're doing this b/c of Galaxy's Edge...

I agree, I said this a few days ago:

Not sure if this has been suggested yet. But could it be they’re trying to lure some people away from DHS in the mornings?

And it’s also possible it could just be due to the party season.

eliza61nyc

Extra Morning Magic.

The paid for event at MK (Fantasyland) or DHS (Toy Story Land) that includes breakfast. Runs from 7:45 to 10:00 - which is when you have until to get to breakfast.

Normal rope drop happens at 9am.
Lol, thanks Nicky. My family would shank me if I tried to get them up before 7 so this probably flew right under my radar.

Appreciate the help.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ok sorry for this silly question but what does EMM stand for

It can be confusing...

EMH - Extra Magic Hours for guests at select resorts, can be morning (MEMH) or evening (EEMH)

EMM - Early Morning Magic, upcharge limited-attendance time (usually 90 minutes) before park opens to general public, so far, just for MK and DHS

AH - After Hours, upcharge limited-attendance time (usually 3 hours, enter at 7PM) after park closes to general public, so far, for all parks except Epcot

Last edited:

LuvWDW2

It can be confusing...

EMH - Extra Magic Hours for guests at select resorts, can be morning (MEMH) or evening (EEMH)

EMM - Early Morning Magic, upcharge limited-attendance time (usually 90 minutes) before park opens to general public, so far, just for MK

AH - After Hours, upcharge limited-attendance time (usually 3 hours, enter at 7PM) after park closes to general public, so far, for all parks except Epcot

Close, EMM is also at DHS.

Kman101

I've heard the opposite, but OK :) (and of note, it wasn't "pretty successful", After Hours is pretty successful; EMM isn't a failure but it's NOT the success they wanted it to be, believe me if you want or not, lol, not a big deal; I'm sorry if I implied it was going away because of it's "success" ... it's not, like After Hours, they will no doubt find a way to make it work and it will grow in time)

And yes it is because of GE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom