Magic Kingdom: Keys to the Kindom

VivaState

Original Poster
So, I’ve been trying to get Keys to the Kingdom Tour set up for a few weeks. Over the course of time, I’ve called about a hundred times. Countless times on the phone I was told to call and keep calling. Then, yesterday, I was told to arrive at the park early to check for cancellations.

I arrived early today (by two hours). No cancellations, and was called a liar. I was told that no way Disney would instruct someone to come in on the day of a tour to check for cancellations. And, I must be untruthful.

The customer service I received was horrendous (and no not just because I didn’t get a tour).

I won’t be back to Disney — ever.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It’s 8:40 WDW time...Park opens at 9...I arrived at 7.

Tours usually start anywhere between 8 and 9. If all the tours were booked, there was never a guarantee that you would get a spot. I think you set your expectations too high, especially during the busy season. Disney seems like they were more than accommodating to try to help you so it’s unfair to place blame on them. Better luck next time.

VivaState

Original Poster
Tours usually start anywhere between 8 and 9. If all the tours were booked, there was never a guarantee that you would get a spot. I think you set your expectations too high, especially during the busy season. Disney seems like they were more than accommodating to try to help you so it’s unfair to place blame on them. Better luck next time.

The issue is that called me a liar. Not that I didn’t get a tour. If you read the post you’d know. You people are ridiculous protectors of the status quo.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@monothingie
images(18).jpg

Joesixtoe

The issue is that called me a liar. Not that I didn’t get a tour. If you read the post you’d know. You people are ridiculous protectors of the status quo.
I hear you, they shouldn't call you a liar. Maybe the person over the phone told you something they shouldn't have. I mean it sounds legit to come early to see if there are any cancellations, but they probably shouldn't have told you that. You have to remember they deal with people all day every day and some people like to lie about their situation. So just try to have an open mind to it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So, I’ve been trying to get Keys to the Kingdom Tour set up for a few weeks. Over the course of time, I’ve called about a hundred times. Countless times on the phone I was told to call and keep calling. Then, yesterday, I was told to arrive at the park early to check for cancellations.

I arrived early today (by two hours). No cancellations, and was called a liar. I was told that no way Disney would instruct someone to come in on the day of a tour to check for cancellations. And, I must be untruthful.

The customer service I received was horrendous (and no not just because I didn’t get a tour).

I won’t be back to Disney — ever.
Next time, set your tour up at the 180 day point. It's a lot easier to do farther out.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Next time, set your tour up at the 180 day point. It's a lot easier to do farther out.

^^THIS

Keys to the Kingdom, unlike other WDW tours, operates limited hours in the AM - 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30, with a maximum of 10 people per tour, if I remember. It's a very popular tour and thus sells out quickly. Not something to decide to do on the spur of the moment. I've never been able to book a tour last minute and have never been told by a CM on the phone just to show up and see if there are cancellations -cancellation policy requires guests to cancel at least 2 days prior to tour date or entire cost of tour is forfeited.

Pascutler

We have also been trying to add my husband to our Keys of the Kingdom tour for this week, but he was told to show up the day of, in case of a no show, not a cancellation. The 48 hour cancellation window just passed, so we realize the chances are slim to none (probably none) but we will still try anyways to see if there’s a no show for our date. Certainly no one should have called you a liar....

JIMINYCR

For some time now, since the building crowds, pretty much nothing can be done a few weeks before a trip. Disneys made it so the further in advance the better odds of getting something booked. Even 180 days out is no guarantee.

eliza61nyc

Ok, I'm going to advise taking deep breathes.

Now, I've been called a liar a few times in my life by customer service folks, not directly but definitely the language said "you're lying" here are some suggestions for the next time.

1) Not going to Disney anymore pretty much hurts you (assuming you like the place) more than the cm. You would really stop going to a place you enjoy because of a random ill mannered minimum wager??
2) When this happens I IMMEDIATELY ask to speak with a supervisor. no if, ands and buts.
3) get the name, location, serial number etc of the person. Now with cell phones it maybe even easier to just start recording.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

1546544046299.png

The Mighty Tim

^^THIS

Keys to the Kingdom, unlike other WDW tours, operates limited hours in the AM - 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30, with a maximum of 10 people per tour, if I remember. It's a very popular tour and thus sells out quickly. Not something to decide to do on the spur of the moment. I've never been able to book a tour last minute and have never been told by a CM on the phone just to show up and see if there are cancellations -cancellation policy requires guests to cancel at least 2 days prior to tour date or entire cost of tour is forfeited.

Is 10 a new limit? Because I'm pretty sure there were more than 10 of us on my KTTK tour back in September. Also, I was able to book it 2 months in advance and still get a spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom