News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1594665164875.png

TrainsOfDisney

On Friday I put my umbrella and water bottle in the bin. I took my keys and phone out and held them up. My backpack was still on. I went through and it did not beep and it was all good.

Does that mean they have turned the detectors way down? When first introduced my belt would alert the detectors every time in California and about 20% of the time in Florida. Up until before the closure I just walk right in with my phone, phone charger, and wallet and nothing alerts.

joup7

Does that mean they have turned the detectors way down? When first introduced my belt would alert the detectors every time in California and about 20% of the time in Florida. Up until before the closure I just walk right in with my phone, phone charger, and wallet and nothing alerts.

No idea. But I did have a portable phone charger that I thought was metal, 2 extra batteries for my fan, and nothing went off.

Also saw those phone extenders (not quite sure if they fall into the definition of selfie sticks). Multiple parties.

techgeek

I've noticed looking at these graphs over the past few days that almost every attraction, at various points, has pretty quick peaks. Is this related in some way to the "every few hour" cleaning cycles? Have those been causing a notable affect in wait times and accounted for in the system? I have a hard time believing everyone in the park suddenly showed up at BTMR at 12:15. I also have yet to see many reports of people actually waiting longer then 30 minutes to ride anything but Splash.

I think most of this data is just 'noise in the system' of a park that doesn't have any lines to speak of.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've noticed looking at these graphs over the past few days that almost every attraction, at various points, has pretty quick peaks. Is this related in some way to the "every few hour" cleaning cycles? Have those been causing a notable affect in wait times and accounted for in the system? I have a hard time believing everyone in the park suddenly showed up at BTMR at 12:15. I also have yet to see many reports of people actually waiting longer then 30 minutes to ride anything but Splash.

I think most of this data is just 'noise in the system' of a park that doesn't have any lines to speak of.

If they stop to clean, don't you think that would create lines?

If these are the top tier rides that everyone wants to do (over and over) and the ride capacity has been significantly reduced, why do you think that wouldn't create a line?

Also, people's trip-reports mention some significant wait times which comports with the graph.

SilentWindODoom

Anyone with inside knowledge know how much of the percentage of planned capacity they're hitting? Are these the crowd levels they're holding to, or are these just the crowd levels they get?

It would be hilarious if panic of these crowd levels is like when everyone freaked because the company succeeded at mitigating overcrowding and everyone said it was proof they'd failed.

disneygeek90

Anyone with inside knowledge know how much of the percentage of planned capacity they're hitting? Are these the crowd levels they're holding to, or are these just the crowd levels they get?

It would be hilarious if panic of these crowd levels is like when everyone freaked because the company succeeded at mitigating overcrowding and everyone said it was proof they'd failed.
It appears they aren't maxing out based on current availability for both resort guest and standard ticket holders.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Anecdotally, it doesn't look to me that they are reaching the reduced capacity numbers that they had set for the reopening.

beertiki

I went with someone who does security in our military. He noticed very quickly that the security at Disney were not checking their wands to make sure they were working properly. He said most people trained to use a wand will wave it over their belt buckle, or something else they are wearing before checking you. His guess was, the wands were turned off.

floydbeatle

What is the recommended arrival time/procedures for those arriving by car? I saw some discussion that they were holding back cars at some point, or limiting the amount of guests who could park at one time. I am looking to maximize my time at the parks starting at open. I am apologizing in advance if this was already discussed, but I could not find any discussion after viewing some of the pages. Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What is the recommended arrival time/procedures for those arriving by car? I saw some discussion that they were holding back cars at some point, or limiting the amount of guests who could park at one time. I am looking to maximize my time at the parks starting at open. I am apologizing in advance if this was already discussed, but I could not find any discussion after viewing some of the pages. Thanks!
Arrive at the auto plaza around 7:45am.

More at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...w-covid-19-health-and-safety-restrictions.htm

ptaylor

Premium Member
I went with someone who does security in our military. He noticed very quickly that the security at Disney were not checking their wands to make sure they were working properly. He said most people trained to use a wand will wave it over their belt buckle, or something else they are wearing before checking you. His guess was, the wands were turned off.
The wand detected by wallet, so they are powered up and working.

DisneyCane

With the reduced capacity, couldn't they just go to some kind of random selection for screening security and do 10% of the crowd? Isn't the likelihood of a terrorist or nutcase targeting WDW pretty low when the capacity is reduced (far less potential victims) and you need a reservation to enter?

It's probably pretty low in general but I'd think it is exceptionally low under these circumstances. I don't know, my picture of a terrorist or nutcase is they would like to just show up anonymously and buy a ticket with cash at the window.

homerdance

With the reduced capacity, couldn't they just go to some kind of random selection for screening security and do 10% of the crowd? Isn't the likelihood of a terrorist or nutcase targeting WDW pretty low when the capacity is reduced (far less potential victims) and you need a reservation to enter?

It's probably pretty low in general but I'd think it is exceptionally low under these circumstances. I don't know, my picture of a terrorist or nutcase is they would like to just show up anonymously and buy a ticket with cash at the window.
They should only screen the terrorists. So much easier.

I would also love to see the video of the first minority family gets screened as white folks walk by. Very bad optics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom