News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I was watching one live stream and she got sick from drinking cashew oil in a Kungaloosh. She's allergic to tree nuts, it wasn't that she's ill with Covid.

And to be fair, I live in Florida and it's disgustingly hot and humid. It's dangerous. People are going to get sick from the heat alone.

I think people (not saying you, just in general and especially on social media), including myself, need to understand context and not jump to worst case scenario. We're all a bit hypersensitive with everything going on.
but the context is someone who vomited and was not feeling well still went to the park to live stream lol

Kman101

The proof is in the pudding.

Huh? No it isn't.

Sick doesn't mean sick with COVID. She had an allergy and was sick and got past it. She has no temp and is not showing any symptoms. We all need to calm down a bit ...

You also realize how hot Florida is right? People are going to get sick from food, from the heat ... again, let's stop rushing to assumptions.

oceanbreeze77

Huh? No it isn't.

Sick doesn't mean sick with COVID. She had an allergy and was sick and got past it. She has no temp and is not showing any symptoms. We all need to calm down a bit ...
I agree that it could have been anything, but we need move away from the fever as the indicating symptom narrative. Many people with covid had no fever, and its really not a tell all. Thats why temp checks at entries are useless.

Kman101

Once I throw up, I know I feel better. Lol.

Exactly! She did and got over it. It was an allergy. I get folks, even myself, are hypersensitive right now, but not everyone is irresponsible. She wouldn't be there if she was truly sick, but I get the judgement is because they don't watch these people and have no idea the real situation.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Exactly! She did and got over it. It was an allergy. I get folks, even myself, are hypersensitive right now, but not everyone is irresponsible. She wouldn't be there if she was truly sick, but I get the judgement is because they don't watch these people and have no idea the real situation.
Yeah. I’m allergic to seafood and have a similar reaction if I mistakenly eat some.
But..yep, people need to take a breath.

Kman101

I agree that it could have been anything, but we need move away from the fever as the indicating symptom narrative. Many people with covid had no fever, and its really not a tell all. Thats why temp checks at entries are useless.

True.

But she was sick from an allergy. I watched and saw and heard the end result. Context is everything. We can't rush to judgement (not saying you are). She was at Disney medical, they gave her a benadryl. They knew it was an allergic reaction. She carries an epipen. We have to remember people get sick from other things. "Sick" does not mean they have COVID-19.

Kman101

Yeah. I’m allergic to seafood and have a similar reaction if I mistakenly eat some.
But..yep, people need to take a breath.

Like the woman on the live stream, I have a tree nut allergy (and weirdly, spinach and peanuts, after I spent all my kid life eating both) as well. You have to be SO careful. Disney is great but sometimes hidden oils are there, and that was the case for her. It was a scary situation.

disney fan 13

Amazing how Disney is held to an entirely different standard regarding COVID then any other theme park, yet they seem to have done the most in terms of measures. No one is coming after Comcast, Seaworld, or Legoland.

and as far as I’ve seen, Seaworld and Busch Gardens is a crap show when it comes to people following the rules.

Very interesting.

I think your letting theme park brain get the better of you. Non theme park people probably don’t even realize that those parks are open either, as Universal and Seaworld were smart enough (PR wise) to open during a lull in cases rather then the week when deaths finally start to rise again in Florida.

Disney has also continued to put itself in the news during the pandemic due to the NBA/MLS bubble and the Splash Mountain controversy, whereas the others have been much more low key.

brb1006

( decides to quickly browse social media outlets...just out of curiosity....)

Oh my.

😯

View attachment 482992

View attachment 482993View attachment 482994
That picture Mickey next to Goofy's casket got me. :hilarious:
EcqhEJJWoAIkqpx

Last edited:

joup7

In the last month I have been to a local zoo, a few restaurants, Busch gardens, sea world, Disney springs, universal citywalk, and my Publix a lot. And I went to the passholder preview yesterday.

Yesterday at magic kingdom was definitely overall where I felt the safest. The hand sanitizer was Touchless. Staff was watching for mask compliance but it didn’t matter because everybody was compliant. People were doing their best to stay apart in lines.

Was there a few momentary lapses? Yes but I’m not gonna say them and draw attention to the negative. If we are going to freak out because of a minor lapse here or there and demand the closure of Disney World, then we gotta close everything. A month ago I was at Publix. I put the divider on the checkout conveyer with some space after the end of my food. The next guy comes up, moves it and his stuff right next to mine. Not wearing a mask (before it was mandatory) and stands near me. If we are going to demand the closure of Disney World because of these few images, then we gotta close Publix. We gotta close Walmart. We gotta close Home Depot. No more walks in the park, I’ve seen lapses there. We gotta shut everything down. And I mean everything.

We aren’t going to shut everything down. These things happen. Overall things at magic kingdom yesterday looked as safe as anything I’ve seen elsewhere, if not better. They did a great job preparing the park. They will learn from lapses and improve them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom