News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

Disney Analyst

Amazing how Disney is held to an entirely different standard regarding COVID then any other theme park, yet they seem to have done the most in terms of measures. No one is coming after Comcast, Seaworld, or Legoland.

and as far as I’ve seen, Seaworld and Busch Gardens is a crap show when it comes to people following the rules.

Very interesting.

oceanbreeze77

Amazing how Disney is held to an entirely different standard regarding COVID then any other theme park, yet they seem to have done the most in terms of measures. No one is coming after Comcast.

Very interesting.
I dont understand why people are surprised by this (not singling you out). Disney is Disney. When you travel in other countries, people are not like "ohh yea universal studios," They think the entire US is Disneyland.

disney4life2008

She's someone who reports on theme parks, she came to the park on opening day and reported what she saw. She's been on multiple disney theme park podcasts in the past, always very pro-disney. I don't think she had any agenda at all. I definitely don't see how it makers her a "pathetic human."

Obviously we watching two different things. She cried and said she was leaving. And the fact she calls herself a journalist is laughable. A journalist gets the story regardless of the measure. Pathetic and I have recommended she disband herself immediately.

Disney Analyst

Disney has always been held to a higher standard.

Well the standard is: either theme parks should be open or they should not.

We can’t be fine with some but not others. It’s stupid debate happening when it’s being centred only around Disney, who done far more in the month of extra time they took then their competitor parks.

And this is definitely not a pixie dust thing, it’s just annoying seeing everyone jump on them and not say a word about anyone else. And let’s not kid ourselves, Universal is a big name in the industry. Seaworld is a big name (sometimes).

DisneyDebRob

We can’t be fine with some but not others. It’s stupid debate happening when it’s being centred only around Disney, who done far more in the month of extra time they took then their competitor parks.

And this is definitely not a pixie dust thing, it’s just annoying seeing everyone jump on them and not say a word about anyone else. And let’s not kid ourselves, Universal is a big name in the industry. Seaworld is a big name (sometimes).
Well you are posting in a Magic Kingdom reopening thread. So I’m guessing it should be about that. Maybe for Universal talk there’s more about that in those threads.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I don’t think it’s as big of a deal out there as some want to make it out to be. Yes the media is reporting on it. Yes Twitter is being twitter. But for most out there, the world doesn’t revolve around WDW. Whatever issues WDW has today, and they have been limited it seems, they can course correct. And any stories will quiet down as this becomes non-news. Personally, I’m impressed as to how well they have done.

Kman101

Amazing how Disney is held to an entirely different standard regarding COVID then any other theme park, yet they seem to have done the most in terms of measures. No one is coming after Comcast, Seaworld, or Legoland.

and as far as I’ve seen, Seaworld and Busch Gardens is a crap show when it comes to people following the rules.

Very interesting.

Yep. I see it too.

Legoland doesn't even require masks unless that changed now. I haven't kept up with Legoland to be honest but heard it wasn't great. SeaWorld too. Aquatica has been packed at times. It's interesting no one comes for any of them.

Kman101

Twitter is going to Twitter. Most troubling report I stumbled on was a couple vloggers (won't name the channel as it's not confirmed) reportedly were quite ill last night (vomiting) and still went to the parks today to live stream.

I was watching one live stream and she got sick from drinking cashew oil in a Kungaloosh. She's allergic to tree nuts, it wasn't that she's ill with Covid.

And to be fair, I live in Florida and it's disgustingly hot and humid. It's dangerous. People are going to get sick from the heat alone.

I think people (not saying you, just in general and especially on social media), including myself, need to understand context and not jump to worst case scenario. We're all a bit hypersensitive with everything going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom