News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

Lilofan

The higher Josh climbs the business ladder the more free he feels to eschew the hegemony of corporate attire. When he becomes CEO, he'll be in a track suit.
When he was WDW Pres he wrote about trying to get the Disney cafeterias for cast to have more healthier eating options. That's always a good thing.

Kman101

Anyone got the rundown on the ticketing issue this morning that caused the huge GR line all the way down to the Contemporary? It been resolved? @wdwmagic

I'd like to know as well. I haven't had a physical card in years, I just use the magic band. So should I go to guest relations and get one?

Side note ...

And back to my earlier posts: SORRY YA'LL. I did overreact a bit. I do apologize! Context is everything and I had to remind myself it was entry time and that was a poorly managed line at GR. I apologize! The crowds do look very reasonable, I feel better about it.

oceanbreeze77

The optics of this to anyone who isn’t a total Disney fanatic are horrible. Almost every media outlet is covering this as “Disney World reopens while Coronavirus deaths spike in Florida” All of them are carrying the Equity Union’s complaints that employees aren’t being tested. Don’t know why Disney brought this on themselves besides $$$
They Disney World trend just keeps climbing the list.

oceanbreeze77

Regardless of how successful the measures are inside the park, and how safe you may feel inside the park, the media output is that today was a failure. Now you can think what you want about the media, however, Disney cares A LOT about what they think.

brb1006

This is what I hope for actually.my neice and nephew want to ride ride ride! We have park days August 10th through the 15th. It's week days, and Southern Schools start returning to action in some sense. Should be interesting. We don't do parades, or character meets, so this is actually a perfect trip short of masks, but we've been training in moist middle TN sauna heat for a while now.
Don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but you could have waited until the pandemic dies down before planning this.

Kman101

Disney didn’t really have a choice. Once they can legally open and their competitors open they have a responsibility to shareholders to open for business.

And it's not like they decided to open during a rise in cases. They set this up a month ago. They've long had these plans in place and couldn't really say 'sorry we're closed'. People need to work. I get it looks absolutely horrible to have Disney World open in the middle of this but it's not like they did it on purpose. Disney will always be more scrutinized. I wonder if Sea World and Universal would have gotten the same pushback if we had skyrocketing cases in June. Disney is just a bigger draw so I get it. When people think of Disney they think of mass crowds. That's just not the case right now. People are NOT coming.

The "media" this last year has really started to annoy me. I feel like so many 'agendas' are at play. Anyway, don't need to go on and on about it, lol, sorry.

Casper Gutman

And it's not like they decided to open during a rise in cases. They set this up a month ago. They've long had these plans in place and couldn't really say 'sorry we're closed'. People need to work. I get it looks absolutely horrible to have Disney World open in the middle of this but it's not like they did it on purpose. Disney will always be more scrutinized. I wonder if Sea World and Universal would have gotten the same pushback if we had skyrocketing cases in June. Disney is just a bigger draw so I get it. When people think of Disney they think of mass crowds. That's just not the case right now. People are NOT coming.

The "media" this last year has really started to annoy me. I feel like so many 'agendas' are at play. Anyway, don't need to go on and on about it, lol, sorry.
Cases started to rise in mid-June. It was quite clear what was going to happen to anyone who wasn’t willfully lying or deluding themselves - we had seen it again and again and again. Cases keep rising if no action is taken, then come hospitalizations, then negative outcomes. Even before that, it was fairly obvious that Florida had not taken steps to stop what we are seeing now. WDW (and Universal and SeaWorld) were not blindsided. They choose not to see and to charge ahead.

And it’s worth noting that Disney is not some powerless mom-and-pop store. They have immense power in Florida. Had they lobbied heavily for steps that might have made it safe to open, that would have had a huge impact. But there is no evidence they did this, and they certainly didn’t do it publicly, which would have increased the impact.

What’s interesting is that right now, for one of the very few times in our history, there is only one real agenda - control the virus. All the other agendas that seem to contradict this are really the same, people just won’t realize or admit this. Any outcome you want (unless you are Thanos) - political, economic, social, etc. - depends on that one agenda.

oceanbreeze77

Honestly, one way Disney could save themselves is by saying "hey you know what, we messed up on some things today, were going to close for right now and come back and get it right."

I know that probably won't happen, but even Ill admit the heat they are getting today is worse than I expected.

Casper Gutman

Honestly, one way Disney could save themselves is by saying "hey you know what, we messed up on some things today, were going to close for right now and come back and get it right."

I know that probably won't happen, but even Ill admit the heat they are getting today is worse than I expected.
What will be really interesting is if Texas goes into lockdown, which looks very likely right now. They have very similiar numbers and very similar attitudes to the pandemic to Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom