Magic Kingdom getting a mixed light parade? I trust this source?

DoleWhipDrea

And the reason people react the way they do is that he took what our insiders had already said in existing threads and then created a new thread and claimed the information as his own.

He only ever credited them after he’d been called out by them, whereupon he then tried the tactic of using them to confirm his “news”. Even if he was shown proof of where they had already posted it, he would grudgingly apologise, but still included that news is his own success rating .

Oh wow, I must have missed this. What info did they do this over?

I admit that I hadn't considered that they were planning to self-promote. I took what few comments they made posting here after the move at face value - they said don't bother now due to how people respond here.

I'm personally quite fond of Paint the Night (though I would prefer less Pixar.) It's the young sister and natural successor to Main Street Electrical Parade. I saw it several times at Disneyland and it really created a fun atmosphere in the park at night. The audience loved singing along to the "When Can We Do This Again" crowd call response and would dance to the beat. Some users on this forum feel that that's not the vibe that they want, and would prefer something more "elegant." Sadly the Spectro floats weren't taken care of and when the parade was supposed to return, it couldn't, and the fans for it still hurt. It's natural to compare the various parades and prefer one over another, but the harsh reality is that Spectro won't come back.

nickys

Premium Member
Oh wow, I must have missed this. What info did they do this over?

I admit that I hadn't considered that they were planning to self-promote. I took what few comments they made posting here after the move at face value - they said don't bother now due to how people respond here.

I'm personally quite fond of Paint the Night (though I would prefer less Pixar.) It's the young sister and natural successor to Main Street Electrical Parade. I saw it several times at Disneyland and it really created a fun atmosphere in the park at night. The audience loved singing along to the "When Can We Do This Again" crowd call response and would dance to the beat. Some users on this forum feel that that's not the vibe that they want, and would prefer something more "elegant." Sadly the Spectro floats weren't taken care of and when the parade was supposed to return, it couldn't, and the fans for it still hurt. It's natural to compare the various parades and prefer one over another, but the harsh reality is that Spectro won't come back.
Try searching for a thread created by him with a title boasting about his success rate. The comments pretty much summarise things.

brb1006

For those of us not in the know, can you give some hints on the identity of The Site That Shall Not Be Named? I come across this frequently and have no idea what or who it references. And what are some examples of Unscrupulous behavior?

Also, I never experienced Paint the Night. Was it really that bad or just inferior to SpectroMagic and the Main Street Electrical Parade?

I wouldn't mind a return of Baroque Hoedown in any form. I'm a 44 year old adult, but I would get embarrassingly giddy if I heard it in a Disney park again. The effect would be like that scene in Ratatouille where they serve Ego the titular dish.
PTN only used the Baroque Hoedown theme very briefly and mainly uses "When Can I See You Again?" by Owl City from Wreck It Ralph.

brb1006

Opinions vary. I find the common complaint to be that it doesn’t “fit” with the old time of Main Street and a castle park in general than it being a bad parade. Personally I really enjoyed PTN when I saw it in DL and would gladly see it run at MK - certainly better than seeing MSEP again (as much as I have fondness for it). I don’t have a problem with the parade being Pixar heavy.

I’m not a big fan of Spectro though - I think the music is inferior to Baroque Hoedown and that the figures were kinda creepy.
Diagree, Spectromagic's music was more regal which was perfect for Magic Kingdom.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I must be missing the whole parade thing?

It’s as though if people have a parade...nothing else matters?

if I have a parade down my street..will everyone pay $50 an hour to watch it? 🤔

nickys

Premium Member
As a 50th anniversary addition in which no one on here can confirm nor deny the truth to it. Just because this piece of news came from another site attached with details I have yet heard of on here, doesn’t mean we all have to disregard it.
People have continually asked about PTN and Spectromagic coming back. But you’re right, we don’t have to disregard it. I didn’t say otherwise.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For those of us not in the know, can you give some hints on the identity of The Site That Shall Not Be Named? I come across this frequently and have no idea what or who it references. And what are some examples of Unscrupulous behavior?

Also, I never experienced Paint the Night. Was it really that bad or just inferior to SpectroMagic and the Main Street Electrical Parade?

I wouldn't mind a return of Baroque Hoedown in any form. I'm a 44 year old adult, but I would get embarrassingly giddy if I heard it in a Disney park again. The effect would be like that scene in Ratatouille where they serve Ego the titular dish.
Search for a Disney blog site run by a Mr. Corless.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I like to believe that Spectromagic got packaged into storage containers (so called dumpsters) and it being disposed of was a rumor and they are going to pull a sick pitch on us and bring it out as a new 50th exclusive attraction. Of course they would only bring back next to half the parade which would explain the units being demolished.

Raineman

Here's a hint about that site: Do you want News about WDW tomorrow, or do you want it Today? ;)
But seriously, it's garbage, and the main "host" and "reporter" is nothing but a phony insider, producing clickbait crap and reporting unfounded rumors/conjecture as fact, with an abysmal track record with what he reports. I wouldn't waste your time on it.

wdwfan22

Here's a hint about that site: Do you want News about WDW tomorrow, or do you want it Today? ;)
But seriously, it's garbage, and the main "host" and "reporter" is nothing but a phony insider, producing clickbait crap and reporting unfounded rumors/conjecture as fact, with an abysmal track record with what he reports. I wouldn't waste your time on it.
90% of the Disney fan sites produce the same clickbait content.

nickys

Premium Member
90% of the Disney fan sites produce the same clickbait content.
How any get called out by Disney?
Most fan sites do their “due diligence” on stories before publishing them as news.
And most do not take comments on other fan forums as their source and then not mention the site they used.

There is a reason that site is banned here. And the owner is not obligated to explain their decision to us.

wdwfan22

How any get called out by Disney?
Most fan sites do their “due diligence” on stories before publishing them as news.
And most do not take comments on other fan forums as their source and then not mention the site they used.

There is a reason that site is banned here. And the owner is not obligated to explain their decision to us.
No they don't. Just follow some of their twitter feeds. One site see's someone post something and every other site post it shortly afterwards. The only thing the other sites don't do is fight with people in their twitter feeds or on other forums. They all however are looking for clicks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Have 2 parades. One after the fireworks (which would mean later closing, I know) and ensure it steps off in Town Square.

This works as an automatic regulator of exiting crowds. Bur I know what you mean about current issues.

What was the old summertime cadence when they were running multiple shows? Was it MSEP-Wishes-MSEP, or Wishes-MSEP-Wishes?

I distinctly remember 2 parades and 1 showing of fireworks. The early parade went one way and the later parade went the other. That's not to say it was always like that. Edit: Just confirmed with my wife. Parade-Fireworks-Parade. 1st parade began @ Town Square and the 2nd ended there. This was in the glorious Spectromagic era.

By that logic there should be no parades at all. Let’s forget the fireworks because that is the most unsafe situation I have ever seen. Thousands of people herded together like sheep.. no safety issue with that. Have you seen the walk out after fantasmic is finished? It there was a safety issue everyone would be in trouble.
Night time parades were no less a safety issue than any major production in Disney. We can’t pick and choose and say this is not as bad as the other. They all are and we know it.

Couldn't they just open the additional backstage exit routes to allow the parade to occur and people to still have an alternate route to exit? I'm not the expert on all that but was just a thought.

Can't have a nighttime parade immediately after fireworks since the hub's street would be packed with guests with no where to go who are then sticking around for the parade.

So, it'd have to be parade-fireworks, gap of time, then second parade closing the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom