Magic Kingdom firework testing scheduled but not a sign of imminent return of shows

surfsupdon

Great to see. I did not realize how much I missed these shows until they were all stopped. Seeing Universal’s show last week really was a great welcome addition at night and a lot of fun.

DisneyTransport

“That other site” just copied and pasted the news from here. Jessica Figueroa added in anything she could think of on the topic of fireworks to try to impress her Tommy boy.

Now if a “news site” wants to actually go out and watch the test and report on it as real news reporters do, then I will put some stock in what they have to report on.
Or do what REAL news networks do and just pull random comments from twitter 😂

donsullivan

Premium Member
Meaning a new launching system? Was this planned or just busy COVID work(meaning they thought about doing this with all the down time HEA has)?
I believe they are just taking advantage of a very rare downtime to do some upgrades when they can have things down for extended periods for the work and not need everything show ready each night.

Hiperjavier2004

So, all fireworks show will return in next year by the time of the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World?

Because, this Monday, they must be a new fireworks testing show at Magic Kingdom, after the final performance of "Once Upon a Time" will ends and the temporarily closure of "Happily Ever After"!!!

And It is rumored that HarmonioUS firework show is not debuted on this year at EPCOT!!! It was actually delayed to the opening date of next year in the time of the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World!!! Cause I heard a big noise over a new HarmonioUS firework testing show in World Showcase Lagoon, during the COVID-19 pandemic!!!

And now, the construction site of HarmonioUS firework show is on the move with these barges !!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From my understanding they just finished some electrical and network updates at the north launch location and want to verify how things are working, now that those are done.

I believe they are just taking advantage of a very rare downtime to do some upgrades when they can have things down for extended periods for the work and not need everything show ready each night.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
On the note of wanting to “test” a system, there are other ways (much cheaper might I add) to test a system, network, or its electrical continuity vs sending up shells....
Absolutely there is but I believe this is a full shake down of some bits n pieces that’s been happening this year. I also want to say they’ve moved from FireOne but I can’t remember to be certain.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

“That other site” just copied and pasted the news from here. Jessica Figueroa added in anything she could think of on the topic of fireworks to try to impress her Tommy boy.

Now if a “news site” wants to actually go out and watch the test and report on it as real news reporters do, then I will put some stock in what they have to report on.
Half of that site is just copy and pasted from Disney Parks Blog which they never credit

donsullivan

Premium Member
@marni1971, I was going to say wasn’t there that Project Nugget permit for electrical work not too long ago? Wonder if this work is tied to the enhancements FireOne (the firing system that Disney is known to use) released a few months back where the firing modules now offered can integrate with DMX; among a few other hardware and software roll-outs that FireOne announced.

On the note of wanting to “test” a system, there are other ways (much cheaper might I add) to test a system, network, or its electrical continuity vs sending up shells....
You can absolutely test electric and network upgrades without launching pyro, but full end to end system testing to confirm no unexpected impacts requires just that. This way if there is some unexpected impact they can fix it before they actually need the pyro system for a show. The last thing you want is some weird latency issue or random firewall issue you missed because you didn’t do end-to-end testing when you had the opportunity.

Last edited:

TTA94

I definitely can not see HEA coming back until social distancing is dropped. Epcot might be able to manage a socially distance show, but no way can MK.

TTA94

But is that because so few people want to see the terrible EF show or that Epcot has more space than MK? Asking for a friend. 😉

Well, at this point I think any nighttime show would be well received lol 😂. But yeah Epcot has more viewing space and is probably the least visited park currently. Though that certainly wouldn’t be the case if fireworks did return to Epcot and only Epcot lol.... Although that would make things interesting due to park hopping non existent currently 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom