Magic Kingdom Ferryboat one way only in the mornings

Disone

Different time of day but It was so busy at MK closing last Saturday we considered getting in line for the Poly resort launch and walking to TTC. Ended walking to GF and taking the Resort Monorail to TTC.
Line too long for resort monorail at MK? In the past if it doesn't extend past the bottom of the ramp, that's usually my exit option when Magic Kingdom is in mass exit mode.

Kamikaze

If you have to spend even more money on something that is offered for free, you're still doing it wrong.

Personally, I park at Disney springs, catch a bus to a hotel. Then I catch a bus to MK. Free parking if you stay off-site too lol
That doesn't work if you want to be there before DS opens, as there won't be any buses to catch.

And no, spending money for convenience is often well worth it. You have to factor in time vs money to make that calculation and how it works out for you personally.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That doesn't work if you want to be there before DS opens, as there won't be any buses to catch.
I don't usually have to. I've been plenty of times.
And no, spending money for convenience is often well worth it.
Depends on how much I have already spent on the trip. Adding another $100 or so for transportation for a week could be a few meals.
You have to factor in time vs money to make that calculation and how it works out for you personally.
Agreed.

esskay

Aren't the parks dead right now, and hotels suffering from low occupancy? I guess they are scaling bus service down to meet the decreased demand?
Depends who you ask. According to the front desk of CBR they are at 100% capacity for the whole of May and June. Somehow I don't buy it.

Andrew25

Depends who you ask. According to the front desk of CBR they are at 100% capacity for the whole of May and June. Somehow I don't buy it.

I don't believe it either. I can believe they are at 100% capacity for the number of rooms they can actually service due to staffing issues, but I can't believe they have managed to fill all 1.5K rooms.

Kamikaze

I don't believe it either. I can believe they are at 100% capacity for the number of rooms they can actually service due to staffing issues, but I can't believe they have managed to fill all 1.5K rooms.
They never fill 100% of rooms. They consider something like 96-98% to be completely booked.

Last edited:

Disone

They never fill 100% of rooms. They consider something like 96-98% to be completely booked.
This is false. They absolutely do fill 100% of the rooms. Perhaps the hotel industry does not but Disney will absolutely sell 100% of its hotel room inventory.

Disone

And what percentage of rooms do you think are 'offline' at any given time? Don't even try to say 0.
But I will say it...

Zero.

Zilch.

The term you are looking for is called out of order or out of inventory. There is also a term called, closed floor. And no that does not mean the entire floor is closed.

If it is any of those its because there's something wrong with the room and it's not ready for a guest to use. Broken sink. Clogged toilet. Something to that effect. Having said that...

100% of the available rooms that are available to be sold are absolutely sold. In fact they're oversold, Yes like an airline seat, and Disney banks on known attrition factors to whittle it back down to what it should be by the time the day of arrival comes.

Disney very much will absorb the cost of having to walk someone to another resort, even a non-disney resort rather than hold 3 to 5% of its inventory for just in case. 3 to 5% of its inventory every single night of the year is a very significant chunk of change that Disney absolutely is not going to leave on the table. I Have heard much of the hotel industry does, but Disney does not.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I know people have their feelings about MK hub transportation but this is why I absolutely hate the setup. It’s really pretty but man when things go wrong, they go really wrong. My worst ever Disney experience was at the dangerously overcrowded ferry dock.
I am there with you. One of our worst experiences was leaving one evening, monorail down due to lightning (or not working. Dont remember) and they had one of the ferries out of service for desert party or something. Only one ferry running. Very bad thunderstorm came through an hour or so prior to fireworks and the park starts to empty. Only option was the one ferry or busses back to TTC. Miserable.

Disney Dead Head

I can confirm that CBR is not sold out and for what its worth its actually on the "HOTELS TONIGHT" APP for $321

1685986861111.png

Disney Dead Head

I know people have their feelings about MK hub transportation but this is why I absolutely hate the setup. It’s really pretty but man when things go wrong, they go really wrong. My worst ever Disney experience was at the dangerously overcrowded ferry dock.
I hate it as well!!!! this is why we almost always stay @ BLT so we can walk

Disone

I'm not buying it either. They no doubt have a lot of sellout nights in May and June and that's totally believable. Maybe even most of the nights are. But all the ni
I can confirm that CBR is not sold out and for what its worth its actually on the "HOTELS TONIGHT" APP for $321

View attachment 721439
It does seem unlikely that they would achieve 100% for all of May and all of June. Monday through Thursday availability is going to be a likelihood.

Even some limited weekend availability because they will absolutely oversell the hotel and bank on the attrition ( cancellations, reservation changes, no shows aka deposit forfeitures).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom