Magic Kingdom Ferryboat one way only in the mornings

lewisc

But aside from the occasional Karen who makes her husband retrieve the favorite shades she left in the car’s console, why would anyone who made it to the magic kingdom even need to return so quickly upon a slow moving boat?
Guests who grabbed an eatly Tron BG might want to ride then go back to their resort. Join the rest of their family for breakfast.

Karen might be going by herself to retreive sunglasses ponchos etc.

Disstevefan1

What do you mean will happen? For years, you had to pay to use Walt Disney World transportation. Your ticket book included the fee collected for Retlaw and you got a transportation ticket in the ticket book.
What I mean is they will again change to use WDW transportation like they did initially. I can guarantee it won’t be $1.50 this time around:
3F547A86-7E17-43D2-AE49-9C9BC0425D4D.jpeg

BoardwalkGlenn

Guests who grabbed an eatly Tron BG might want to ride then go back to their resort. Join the rest of their family for breakfast.

Karen might be going by herself to retreive sunglasses ponchos etc.

Thank you! That first one is me. First guest on Tron one morning, did a couple other things in MK, and then back to Poly to meet my partner for breakfast and pool time. The Ferryboat is my preferred choice so I was sad that it wasn’t available to use.

Disone

Anyone know how long this has been going on?

MK Ferry boat is not accepting passengers returning to TTC through at least 10:30am. The entrance is being blocked off.

View attachment 720710
Years ago I experienced this.. that time same for the monorail. The only way for me to get back to TTC look at take the resort monorail because the express monorail was also one way.

This was pre-pandemic and I'm not saying it's been that way since then But it's certainly something they have done before.

Whether they have consistently done this all the way back to prepandemic to now, I don't know.

afterabme

That is some very brilliant advice haha. Thanks for sharing!

The worst experience I mentioned was hundreds of us gridlocked while exited so I was not prepared for that. Man it was scary, I had to call for help for another guest. I’ll use an Uber/Lyft next time like you suggested haha.
Another great idea is to walk to Contemporary or go to monorail resort and call a Minnie Van/Uber/Lyft.

Works like a charm during fireworks.

lewisc

Another great idea is to walk to Contemporary or go to monorail resort and call a Minnie Van/Uber/Lyft.

Works like a charm during fireworks.
Why wouldn't you have MV pick you up at the MK instead of the Contemporary? This thread is talking about transportation back to the TTC on the morning. Demand is so low Disney only uses the resort monorail for those guests. What would walking to the Contemporary accomplish?

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My first part of advice to people going to WDW is if part of your visit has you going to TTC, you're doing it wrong.

The Epcot to MK park hop is the exception, I guess, but then I recommend a Minnie Van/Uber.
If you have to spend even more money on something that is offered for free, you're still doing it wrong.

Personally, I park at Disney springs, catch a bus to a hotel. Then I catch a bus to MK. Free parking if you stay off-site too lol

JoeCamel

If you have to spend even more money on something that is offered for free, you're still doing it wrong.

Personally, I park at Disney springs, catch a bus to a hotel. Then I catch a bus to MK. Free parking if you stay off-site too lol
So a couple hours of travel time away from the parks is worth $25 to you?

Disone

Well to each their own.... me? I got exhausted reading that. That just seems like a lot of work. And forget about it if you want to open a park.

Fido Chuckwagon

Are you local? Because if you are spending money to get there in the first place (flight, long drive, etc), then your time is worth more than doing all that to avoid a $25 parking fee.

TrainsOfDisney

Are you local? Because if you are spending money to get there in the first place (flight, long drive, etc), then your time is worth more than doing all that to avoid a $25 parking fee.
Not necessarily- for MK and Epcot it can be pretty convenient and not much more time depending on how you visit l.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm not local. But I'm in a tax bracket that shouldn't be going to Disney. 😂😂😂😂

But ive also been there probably over 150 trips in my lifetime since I was born. So I don't mind saving 25 bucks. And hanging out in the atmosphere for a bit.

Also, where are you other people getting 2 hours from? It doesn't usually take THAT long. I typically choose a bus that's already just sitting there.

JoeCamel

I'm not local. But I'm in a tax bracket that shouldn't be going to Disney. 😂😂😂😂

But ive also been there probably over 150 trips in my lifetime since I was born. So I don't mind saving 25 bucks. And hanging out in the atmosphere for a bit.

Also, where are you other people getting 2 hours from? It doesn't usually take THAT long. I typically choose a bus that's already just sitting there.
Got it you have anexpensive hobby, glad you didn't take up golf or skiing

Disone

MK or Epcot world showcase is no worse time wise. And usually a lot less crowded and frustrating!
I guess it's not as crazy as it sounds. I do find myself parking at Epcot even when I go to the magic kingdom. While probably not faster I find the Epcot monorail more convenient. It's air conditioned and way more scenic and gets me to the same spot, the ticket and transportation center, as the parking lot trams of the Magic Kingdom.

It would be a fun experiment to do with someone though. One person parks at the orange garage at Disney springs, the other person parks at the Magic kingdom parking lot, and from their parking spots to Magic Kingdom turnstiles, it would be interesting to see what the time difference is.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom