Magic Kingdom Ferryboat one way only in the mornings

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Anyone know how long this has been going on?

MK Ferry boat is not accepting passengers returning to TTC through at least 10:30am. The entrance is being blocked off.

IMG_1249-1.jpg

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Maybe it's to speed up getting folks from TTC to MK? I mean, how many people are arriving at MK and leaving before 10:30AM?

Ayla

Maybe it's to speed up getting folks from TTC to MK? I mean, how many people are arriving at MK and leaving before 10:30AM?
If they need more capacity, they should add another ferry instead of holding people hostage. Don't they have 3 they could use, instead of just one?

Disstevefan1

While they must sail the (now empty) ferry back to TTC to bring new guests from TTC to MK I presume it uses less fuel empty and as others said, it probably speeds up the process.

They are making cutbacks everywhere in WDW; this one seems reasonable.

It's probably a pain for the E-bay resellers who want to get in, buy bag loads of merch., get out and post it. 🤣

BoardwalkGlenn

I experienced this early last month. I got BG 5 for Tron so I was in the MK for early entry, did a few things, and when I left MK to get back to the Poly, I went to the Ferryboat first (staying DVC side of Poly so TTC is closer). They told me I couldn’t take the Ferryboat but I could see it going from TTC to MK with people on board.

Then tried to take Express monorail but as someone above said, that was also unavailable to me, but it was still bringing passengers to the MK. Resort monorail was it for me.

It all seemed so strange.

Kamikaze

While they must sail the (now empty) ferry back to TTC to bring new guests from TTC to MK I presume it uses less fuel empty and as others said, it probably speeds up the process.

They are making cutbacks everywhere in WDW; this one seems reasonable.

It's probably a pain for the E-bay resellers who want to get in, buy bag loads of merch., get out and post it. 🤣
That can be done from one of those iPhone doo-hickeys.

Kamikaze

I know people have their feelings about MK hub transportation but this is why I absolutely hate the setup. It’s really pretty but man when things go wrong, they go really wrong. My worst ever Disney experience was at the dangerously overcrowded ferry dock.
My first part of advice to people going to WDW is if part of your visit has you going to TTC, you're doing it wrong.

The Epcot to MK park hop is the exception, I guess, but then I recommend a Minnie Van/Uber.

BubbaisSleep

My first part of advice to people going to WDW is if part of your visit has you going to TTC, you're doing it wrong.

The Epcot to MK park hop is the exception, I guess, but then I recommend a Minnie Van/Uber.
That is some very brilliant advice haha. Thanks for sharing!

The worst experience I mentioned was hundreds of us gridlocked while exited so I was not prepared for that. Man it was scary, I had to call for help for another guest. I’ll use an Uber/Lyft next time like you suggested haha.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Anyone know how long this has been going on?

MK Ferry boat is not accepting passengers returning to TTC through at least 10:30am. The entrance is being blocked off.

View attachment 720710
I’d have to investigate further for sure, but I think this is normal practice in the morning to speed up the whole process. Also believe there only operating 2 ferries right now while the third is being refurbished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom