Magic Kingdom Ferryboat one way only in the mornings

monorail81

I could understand it for the ferry but why are they doing it for the monorail? The express line uses one door for unloading and the opposite side for loading at both stations.
To keep things moving as quickly as possible at the TTC to get people to the park. Yes they use opposite sides, but it adds extra station time to open the doors, wait for people get on the train, and close the doors. Adds even more time if some of those people are in wheelchairs. Since there aren’t that many people leaving that early in the day, it’s far more efficient to have those exiting guests use the Resort line.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Wait until we will have to pay to use WDW boats, busses, monorails and Skyliners. ;)

SAVE THIS LINK. I GUARANTEE THIS WILL HAPPEN.
I already pay for some of that in my DVC dues and based on how the busses have ran at times this week I’m not sure those funds are being managed well.

One couple on their honeymoon was so upset at a bus stop waiting to go to Epcot yesterday evening (we were there waiting for about 45 minutes) and they said that morning they waited OVER an hour.

Fido Chuckwagon

I already pay for some of that in my DVC dues and based on how the busses have ran at times this week I’m not sure those funds are being managed well.

One couple on their honeymoon was so upset at a bus stop waiting to go to Epcot yesterday evening (we were there waiting for about 45 minutes) and they said that morning they waited OVER an hour.
Aren't the parks dead right now, and hotels suffering from low occupancy? I guess they are scaling bus service down to meet the decreased demand?

Thumper 32

That’s nothing new. They’ve been doing that since at least 1999 when I started working there.
Yes, that’s been standard practice for a long time with express monorail, to speed up inbound guests in the mornings. But seems to be relatively new for ferry. Before, you always had the choice of either ferry or resort monorail to go back to TTC in the mornings.

Especially in covid era, having the open air option was important for some people. Not everyone wants to join a crowded monorail. Plus adding more people (however few) forced onto resort monorail makes it busier for the deluxe resort guests on that line. Perhaps some Contemporary guests need to complain to the front desk when they can’t get a seat in the morning, and then this will change back.

MagicRat

Yes, that’s been standard practice for a long time with express monorail, to speed up inbound guests in the mornings. But seems to be relatively new for ferry. Before, you always had the choice of either ferry or resort monorail to go back to TTC in the mornings.

Especially in covid era, having the open air option was important for some people. Not everyone wants to join a crowded monorail. Plus adding more people (however few) forced onto resort monorail makes it busier for the deluxe resort guests on that line. Perhaps some Contemporary guests need to complain to the front desk when they can’t get a seat in the morning, and then this will change back.
The contemporary management won’t care, they are the reason the between resorts boat isn’t back between the wilderness resorts and the contemporary.

MagicRat

So it’s true they don’t want to pay their share? That’s the rumor I heard.
Yeah, and the best is the sign they have out saying the boats are temporarily not available. I look past a lot of the tickytack complaints about something needing paint in the corner of a building but the boat decision by Contemporary is cheap. It makes the incredible room decision look good!

TrainsOfDisney

Anyone know how long this has been going on?

MK Ferry boat is not accepting passengers returning to TTC through at least 10:30am. The entrance is being blocked off.

View attachment 720710
A few months ago this was the case at night (only resort monorail from TTC to MK) - I only had 1 day and I hopped over to Epcot to see harmonious one last time. This definitely cut about 40 minutes of time out of my 1 day park hopper. I was pretty irritated about that.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
So it’s true they don’t want to pay their share? That’s the rumor I heard.

Yeah, and the best is the sign they have out saying the boats are temporarily not available. I look past a lot of the tickytack complaints about something needing paint in the corner of a building but the boat decision by Contemporary is cheap. It makes the incredible room decision look good!

The fact that a decision that affects resort global guests and global resort operations is left to the management at a single resort blows my mind. Decisions like this should be made by people above the level of resort hotel GM’s.

This should be a general resort and transportation leadership decision.

matt9112

What Hostage, they can simply take the monorail.

“simply” probably the most unreliable mass transit system in Florida.

Fair point jokes aside but I would hardly lean on the monorail to pick up slack for anything. Wind blows the wrong way and the tractor is out.

TrainsOfDisney

To keep things moving as quickly as possible at the TTC to get people to the park. Yes they use opposite sides, but it adds extra station time to open the doors, wait for people get on the train, and close the doors.
So efficiency for some guests > courtesy for other guests? I was taught that courtesy always outranks efficiency.

This is my same argument with the current WDW Security screenings splitting up families at the entrance into 2 separate lines. Its done in the name of efficiency but is a terrible way to “welcome” guests to the park and completely unnecessary just like the move to close express transportation options.

FettFan

Wait until we will have to pay to use WDW boats, busses, monorails and Skyliners. ;)

SAVE THIS LINK. I GUARANTEE THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Technically that’s what the parking fee is meant for.

It’s also why they haven’t started charging $25 a pop at the DS garages.

Now should they ever build that monorail line to DS with stations at Orange and Lime, you can bet they’d make you pay for parking there too.

FettFan

Guests who wish to return to TTC before 10:30 am.

But aside from the occasional Karen who makes her husband retrieve the favorite shades she left in the car’s console, why would anyone who made it to the magic kingdom even need to return so quickly upon a slow moving boat?

lazyboy97o

The fact that a decision that affects resort global guests and global resort operations is left to the management at a single resort blows my mind. Decisions like this should be made by people above the level of resort hotel GM’s.

This should be a general resort and transportation leadership decision.
In a lot of ways Walt Disney World is not one business, but a cluster of competing businesses that just happen to share ownership.

Goofyernmost

It only makes sense early in the morning. It takes a lot of time to load so the quicker it can leave guests off at MK and get back to the other side and not have to wait for people to get off the boat the quicker it can load and get back. However, that said I fail to see why there would be that many people wanting to go back to TTC that it would mean much more than a couple of minutes. They just wouldn't wait for someone that just left the train station at MK to walk casually to the boat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom