Magic Kingdom EMH days being cut back

ChevisMickey

Epcot hours have only been that way since 1999-that was a cut early on

I remember the 9-7 hours for FW before Soarin', but not the other hours. The MK hours were at one time very generous as well. You could plan a vacation around waking up at noon and going to a park for 12-14 hours on some days. So, I guess the new hours had me misremembering the old hours after all these years.:oops:

Prock3

Has nothing to do with maintenance and everything to do with labor costs (and since the average MK worker earns $32 an hour, you can surely sympathize with TWO's plight!)
Hahahahahahahahahahah 32 dollars an hour. During emh 90% of the cms are cps so they're making less than 8, trust me it's not from labor costs

Jayhawkie

You know what I have wished what they would do? I wish that they would offer the EMH to certain resorts on certain days. Like Mk resorts get 3 extra hours on a Monday, Epcot resorts on a Tuesday, and so on and so forth. Then it wouldn't be so crowded all of the time. Or even two extra hours would be good. While MK resorts get their extra on Monday for MK, give Epcot resorts an extra 2 hours at Epcot. If the TDC limited the resorts, maybe the EMH would be worth the time spent. Just my two cents!!:p

disney4life2008

You know what I have wished what they would do? I wish that they would offer the EMH to certain resorts on certain days. Like Mk resorts get 3 extra hours on a Monday, Epcot resorts on a Tuesday, and so on and so forth. Then it wouldn't be so crowded all of the time. Or even two extra hours would be good. While MK resorts get their extra on Monday for MK, give Epcot resorts an extra 2 hours at Epcot. If the TDC limited the resorts, maybe the EMH would be worth the time spent. Just my two cents!!:p

That would be terrible in terms of money. Most of the people are concentrated in the values and moderates so if they did only Deluxe on MK Mondays - it would be virtually no one in the park.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Exactly there are already multiple days in the busy season when the park is open for 20 hours a day with only 5 or so hours between park days. Its a park thats been running nearly every day for 41 years, it needs a lot of upkeep.

And we need to remember the CMs. There are only so many full time CMs to work overtime. Part time employees for the most part are held to 22 hours. They will extend a Full Time CM but pretty much hold the line on part timers. Takes it toll on CMs the next day. The first 24 hour day was tiring but novel for my DS, the second go around...old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom