Magic Kingdom currently closed to some guests due to capacity (phase 2) (Wed 29 Dec)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigger1988

If I travel ANYWHERE, I'm going to be planning. I go to nearby NYC and I plan where I'm headed, traffic reports, if any events will going on and closing off streets...etc.

The fact that anyone would go on vacation ANYWHERE and not do a second of planning is mind boggling.

Nemo14

Only if the seat I purchased had someone else sitting in it and I could not see the game unless I stood behind the bleachers.

And no, if you read our entire post, you will see that we got the condo/time share from our parent's somewhat last minute (3-4 weeks in advance).

And to all...I hear your protests repeatedly about research and planning. I completely disagree. I think that one should be able to do minimal logistics planning (which we did) and just show up and expect to have at least a decent time. I used the analogy earlier that if I buy a ticket in a movie theater for a blockbuster hit, on opening day, I always get a seat, and I can always see the movie. We have been to many theme parks, last minute, on holidays, and have never seen anything like this. You are all "very" experienced Disney-goers, so you know that's not possible. Someone who has never gone, and does minimal research may not. We didn't, and that's certainly no lie. So, I get it with the research...but disagree. And, of the many posts we have made across other sites, we have gotten quite a few people who feel the same way, and are thanking us for warning them. I don't think anyone who is making these claims about "planning" have considered it from a newcomers point of view. A newcomer who works hard the rest of the year, and expects an easygoing happy Christmas vacation of walking around a theme park and enjoying the sights, sounds, and rides. If we knew what you all knew, we would have most certainly not have gone...clearly....wish Disney would have said something when we booked....but I'm beating a dead horse.
Yes, you're beating a dead horse. The fact of the matter is that you didn't think that so many people would be there, but they were, and you have no one to blame but yourself for not doing your homework. Consider it a lesson learned and move on.

dclfan

Only if the seat I purchased had someone else sitting in it and I could not see the game unless I stood behind the bleachers.

And no, if you read our entire post, you will see that we got the condo/time share from our parent's somewhat last minute (3-4 weeks in advance).

And to all...I hear your protests repeatedly about research and planning. I completely disagree. I think that one should be able to do minimal logistics planning (which we did) and just show up and expect to have at least a decent time. I used the analogy earlier that if I buy a ticket in a movie theater for a blockbuster hit, on opening day, I always get a seat, and I can always see the movie. We have been to many theme parks, last minute, on holidays, and have never seen anything like this. You are all "very" experienced Disney-goers, so you know that's not possible. Someone who has never gone, and does minimal research may not. We didn't, and that's certainly no lie. So, I get it with the research...but disagree. And, of the many posts we have made across other sites, we have gotten quite a few people who feel the same way, and are thanking us for warning them. I don't think anyone who is making these claims about "planning" have considered it from a newcomers point of view. A newcomer who works hard the rest of the year, and expects an easygoing happy Christmas vacation of walking around a theme park and enjoying the sights, sounds, and rides. If we knew what you all knew, we would have most certainly not have gone...clearly....wish Disney would have said something when we booked....but I'm beating a dead horse.

I'm sorry but who does not plan when they go on a vacation. You seem to be asking for a bad time. And Disney CANNOT be compared to any other theme park it's an expierience and for a lack of a better word its own "world". You cannot compare your expieriences at theme parks such as Six Flags to your expierience at Disney World there simply not the same kind of vacation. Even YOU had to recognize the amount of detail and beauty in everything in WDW. The atmosphere alone cannot be even remotley compared to another theme park. Did you get to expierience any of the dining offered in WDW or there nightimme firework displays or even the electric light parade?

juan

I think that one should be able to do minimal logistics planning (which we did) and just show up and expect to have at least a decent time.

I used the analogy earlier that if I buy a ticket in a movie theater for a blockbuster hit, on opening day, I always get a seat, and I can always see the movie.

we wish Disney would have said something when we booked

....but I'm beating a dead horse.

So you would go overseas with minimal planning? I doubt that.

Actually most blockbusters sell out of tickets (opening day) unless you plan and buy ahead of time.

If you didn't stay at a Disney resort or have any contact with them, how could they have warned you?

I think the horse was dead after the 1st site. Now that you're on the 30th site, the horse must be a fine pulp.

Captain Chaos

You continue to fail by blaming Disney... Disney is not responsible for your lack of planning... If you take a week to go to the beach, sure, not much planning or research is needed... But you are going to a major vacation destination...Planning and research is a must!!!!! You failed... not Disney...

Again, you either think you are entitled to everything without doing any legwork to get it, or you are living under a rock all your life and think life should just give you everything you think you deserve.., World doesn't work like that... Do the leg work next time... You will see how much of a difference planning your trip will mean...

As for other sites, no one on Mousebuzz is thanking you.. You got the same reaction there as you got here... People telling you that you failed... Calling you a flamer, and some saying sorry you had a bad trip.. but NO THANK YOU'S.. and yes, I did read all 71 posts...

Again, I find it utterly amazing how you didn't have 30 minutes prior to making these plans to look up any information online, or even read the book you siad you bought.. But now you have all the time in the world to make these posts... Wonder why people are calling you a troll???

WDW_Emily

I understand where you are coming from however, I still would have just did a little research we have the same book as you(except a 2009 version) and there is a section that talks about what times to go. It clearly says summer months and late december/ early january are peak times.

Now my family has had some "unplanned" trips but we normally would still have an enjoyable time because we know what we are walking into. But no matter when you go to WDW, you will still pay high prices for parking, food will still be more expensive then its worth, and there will still be some lines over an hour.

I truly am sorry that your trip was so bad. I have heard several people complain about how many people were in the parks this year for the holidays, how they couldn't move, How Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was over sold.

How do your children feel? Was there anything that they truly enjoyed and liked? If yes try to focus on that part of your trip, even if the moments are slim.

PS. Any pictures of the crowd?

Captain Chaos

I'm sorry but who does not plan when they go on a vacation. You seem to be asking for a bad time. And Disney CANNOT be compared to any other theme park it's an expierience and for a lack of a better word its own "world". You cannot compare your expieriences at theme parks such as Six Flags to your expierience at Disney World there simply not the same kind of vacation. Even YOU had to recognize the amount of detail and beauty in everything in WDW. The atmosphere alone cannot be even remotley compared to another theme park. Did you get to expierience any of the dining offered in WDW or there nightimme firework displays or even the electric light parade?

Everyone plans, except those with entitlist mindsets... I went to Virginia Beach for 3 days, I researched the hotels, dining options, activity options, etc... I was not ssurprised when I arrived.. I knew my hotel wasa mile from the beach... I knew what restaurants where there for me to eat in.. I knew what they served at these restaurants, and the round about cost... I knew what activities that were there for me and my friend to partake in.. Why?? I researched... And I had a wonderful time... Even though I hate beaches!!!

Simple planning would have solved their problem... They failed.. End of story...

disneyrcks

If I travel ANYWHERE, I'm going to be planning. I go to nearby NYC and I plan where I'm headed, traffic reports, if any events will going on and closing off streets...etc.

The fact that anyone would go on vacation ANYWHERE and not do a second of planning is mind boggling.

Spontaneity can be very exciting! I disagree very much that u need to plan EVERYWHERE u go.........my hubby and I took a random trip last memorial day and ended up in Gettysburg! we loved every second of our trip...so no it isn't MIND BOGGLING...but if u are suggesting that people need to plan for every trip well I guess thanks for the unwanted advise :kiss:

The Mom

Premium Member
There is no reason for everyone to be so rude. The OP has a right to his/her opinion, even if it does differ from most here.

I really don't think there is any more to be said, and things are getting (or have been) ugly, so good-night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom