News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

jrhwdw

That was the time for EPCOT Forever, possibly got the two shows confused.
Could be, Thanks! I just want HEA to be Safe and Sound! LOL!!!

Also, Great Job on the EF Intel!! Like I said in the other threads, I wasn't expecting EF Testing until HEA's, right before July 1st. Esp if Epcot still needs to test heavy Harm, before EF returns.

No. They are putting a lid on attendance. Look at the ride lines today, now that the rides are at 100%. It won’t be awful. Should be the most pleasant July 4 in a long time. No 2 hours for PeopleMover. They aren’t allowing it.
Do you think this will be their MO going forward? Now that they have the park pass system. I do think this would be a positive

ToTBellHop

Do you think this will be their MO going forward? Now that they have the park pass system. I do think this would be a positive
There is no good reason to allow 2 hour waits for PeopleMover. Guest spending doesn’t increase; guest satisfaction is terrible; and it is a nightmare to staff. They tried showing fireworks 4 times in 2 days at MK for NYE (I know it was also 2 nights for the 4th, but was it 2 showings per night like NYE?) to help but it is still a mad house. We will see, though, because there is an “expectation” of special fireworks. Of course, they could just say “not anymore” like they did at DHS. In any event, they won’t allow phase-closing crowds this 4th.

jrhwdw

There is no good reason to allow 2 hour waits for PeopleMover. Guest spending doesn’t increase; guest satisfaction is terrible; and it is a nightmare to staff. They tried showing fireworks 4 times in 2 days at MK for NYE (I know it was also 2 nights for the 4th, but was it 2 showings per night like NYE?) to help but it is still a mad house. We will see, though, because there is an “expectation” of special fireworks. Of course, they could just say “not anymore” like they did at DHS. In any event, they won’t allow phase-closing crowds this 4th.
Celebrate America was once on the 3rd-4th, I do think 2 FITS on Dec 30-31st are a nice touch! Don't flame me!!

ToTBellHop

Celebrate America was once on the 3rd-4th, I do think 2 FITS on Dec 30-31st are a nice touch! Don't flame me!!
I agree that special is special. The question for Disney is, “is it worth the headaches?”

This year, it is a “no” for the 4th.

But public pressure is strong. They bowed to public pressure here, partially, by even having fireworks for the 4th this year. With that said, America kinda needs a 4th of July this year, and everyone seems to understand that. Fireworks in NYC, LA, DC, and over both Disney castles will be enormously impactful after the last year.

jrhwdw

I agree that special is special. The question for Disney is, “is it worth the headaches?”

This year, it is a “no” for the 4th.

But public pressure is strong. They bowed to public pressure here, partially, by even having fireworks for the 4th this year. With that said, America kinda needs a 4th of July this year, and everyone seems to understand that. Fireworks in NYC, LA, DC, and over both Disney castles will be enormously impactful after the last year.
And while not a American landmark, Lake Elola in Downtown Orlando as well!

ZedR

Has Disney officially said “no” to Celebrate America on the 4th?

As we know, they specifically mentioned Independence Day in the DPB post, and if there is a live steam schedule for the 4th from MK, surely it wouldn’t just be for HEA?

mm52200

Has Disney officially said “no” to Celebrate America on the 4th?

As we know, they specifically mentioned Independence Day in the DPB post, and if there is a live steam schedule for the 4th from MK, surely it wouldn’t just be for HEA?
Yes they’ve officially said no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom