News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

doctornick

Well Brayden flamed out of here. Probably twice. Memories are long.
I find this kind of stuff funny. I’m certain I was a a regular reader here when those incidents occurred and don’t have any clue about them. It’s interesting to me how much people care here about such bloggers (vloggers, whatever) when they are so easy to ignore and not even be aware of. I generally don’t have a clue about who 90% of the personalities people rant about here even are.

mattpeto

Off subject but since there hasn’t been much said about Festival of Fantasy. Anyone else think we may never see it again? at least in full parade form. I could totally see WDW using covid as a excuse to eliminate WDWs one and only remaining year long parade and stick with cavalcades moving forward. I think the short cavalcades have been more popular with guests and less of a headache for cms. No ropes to set up, no guest flow issues, etc.

Parades will be back. They still exist overseas. And do 20-30 cavalcades from each park cost less than one parade?

Disney Glimpses

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel that @orky8 is right; and not just about fireworks.

Things turned around so fast regarding COVID-19 measures and Disney was so ill-prepared on virtually every front. Things are sprinkling back in (like BoardWalk ice cream and games, for example) but at a much slower rate than it should've been.

It's quite clear they thought they were a ways out from normality and it completely snuck up on them.

Look at the Park Pass availability for June. Virtually not a single park available for the entire month. They are lost right now and scrambling is the best way to describe it.

They don't even have the manpower to pull up distancing markers throughout the parks in a single night; so they are pulling up what they can, painfully, one at a time over the last two weeks.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel that @orky8 is right; and not just about fireworks.

Things turned around so fast regarding COVID-19 measures and Disney was so ill-prepared on virtually every front. Things are sprinkling back in (like BoardWalk ice cream and games, for example) but at a much slower rate than it should've been.

It's quite clear they thought they were a ways out from normality and it completely snuck up on them.

Look at the Park Pass availability for June. Virtually not a single park available for the entire month. They are lost right now and scrambling is the best way to describe it.

They don't even have the manpower to pull up distancing markers throughout the parks in a single night; so they are pulling up what they can, painfully, one at a time over the last two weeks.
True. Must have used some really good adhesive.

deix15x8

True. Even if people missed 2, 3 or even 4 vacations, they will likely make it up with just 1 vacation and get back on normal schedule. That can get exhausted quite quickly.
Which is exactly why Disney is holding back, despite our wishes, projects like Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy to give reason to return after the travel bubble busts.

AmesTARDIS

Curious how much these carts made on a nightly basis in pre-covid times.

View attachment 560945
I was really good discouraging my kids from "wasting their allowance" on souvenirs that they would never use or care about again...until we hit these carts. Anything with lights, flashing lights, or bubbles just overcame all of our good sense. Of course, the items on these carts were also effective in calming a lot of tired and cranky children.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
What you're seeing is the lumbering Disney bureaucracy in full action (or inaction). Whilst USO, for example, can make rapid changes and leave a lot of discretion to the field, Disney does not do that. Committees and meetings and planning sessions with layers of management do not bode well for a responsive organization. It's always been like this. Maybe it serves them well for not making rash decisions, but it also harms them competitively by constantly being put in a catch up position. Of course they may not even realize this, since they think they don't have any competition.

Last edited:

Amidala

Curious how much these carts made on a nightly basis in pre-covid times.

View attachment 560945

I worked them back in 2016. There were 25(ish?) glow carts at MK (not including the Tomorrowland ones, which operated under a different leadership team) and they usually all did high numbers, especially the ones on MS and in the castle hub. I’d say upwards of $20K per night depending on crowds?

Chip Chipperson

I honestly don’t understand why people on this forum are so rude to Brayden. It’s like they’re envious of him.

Maybe I'm mistaken or thinking of someone else, but is he the one who was suspected of taking information posted by insiders here and using it without giving credit? Someone else might remember that better than I do, but if I'm right then he doesn't really deserve anyone's respect. If I'm wrong or that was someone else, then I guess all I can say is that some people just rub other people the wrong way but people do mature and evolve over time (look at the Trackers' videos from several years ago compared to their videos now or Adam the Woo then vs. now, for example) so maybe some people who can't stand him now will feel better about him down the line.

crackerman

Right... even if Disney wanted to start fireworks tomorrow, could they?
  • They don't seem to have enough employees to extend hours to when it's dark.
  • Do they have enough fireworks on-site? How long do they take to order and arrive?
  • Launchers were removed from the aux sites, what's the state of the primary?
  • Do they have employees off furlough to run the show? Did they find new jobs while off for 15 months? How long to train new ones?

nickys

Premium Member
I honestly don’t understand why people on this forum are so rude to Brayden. It’s like they’re envious of him.
He took everything that Martin and others posted here on the forums, used it on his YouTube shows without crediting them (and all the time making money off what they said). He then threw a strop here and stormed off - at least 2 or 3 times. And then came back on under a new name pretending to be someone on the inside, until he was rumbled.

It was partly thanks to him, and others doing the same thing, that some of our insiders stopped posting as much info on here.

lightguy

What you're seeing is the lumbering Disney bureaucracy in full action (or inaction). Whilst USO, for example, can make rapid changes and leave a lot of discretion to the field, Disney does not do that. Committees and meetings and planning sessions with layers of management do not bode well for a responsive organization. It's always been like this. Maybe it serves them well for not making rash decisions, but it also harms them competitively by constantly being put in a catch up position. Of course they may not even realize this, since they think they don't have any competition.
I'm not disputing what you say- from all I've heard it's true. However, keep in mind that WDW is much, much larger (both geographically and in terms of parks, facilities, staff, etc.) than USO, so I'm sure that makes it a lot harder to make big decisions/implement things. Not only is USO much smaller geographically (less infrastructure and transportation), it only has half the number of parks, all of the hotels are operated by a 3rd party and a lot of the food service is operated by a 3rd party. Everything is in house at WDW. Universal has a completely different operations model and is vastly smaller than Disney, so I'm not sure it's fair to try to apply an apples to apples comparison.

TrainsOfDisney

Everything is in house at WDW.
Not even close. It’s less and less by the day.

As to comparisons. If something is exactly the same there’s nothing to compare correct? Of course Universal, Disney, and Sea World all operate a bit differently but they are the 3 major theme park operators in Orlando. 2 of them have major nighttime shows running, 1 of them doesn’t. Seems like a fair comparison to me.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not even close. It’s less and less by the day.

As to comparisons. If something is exactly the same there’s nothing to compare correct? Of course Universal, Disney, and Sea World all operate a bit differently but they are the 3 major theme park operators in Orlando. 2 of them have major nighttime shows running, 1 of them doesn’t. Seems like a fair comparison to me.
Only 1 of the 3 needs busses to bring thousands of guests pouring out of the park after fireworks back to their hotels. There’s a big time shortage of bus drivers at WDW right now which is one of the reasons why park opening and closing times are more staggered now than in “normal times”. I’m not saying that’s the only reason why fireworks aren’t back yet, just that it’s one potential factor. The logistics of WDW are more challenging than the other 2 which are mostly self contained.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Of course. So does that mean we can’t compare WDW theme parks to any other parks? Because they have “challenging” logistics?
They can be compared in many ways. However there are differences too. So it’s not as simple as saying if Universal and Sea World can do night shows right now so can Disney. It may take them longer because they need to setup the logistics to move people around and you can’t just hire someone off the street to drive a bus. Having all that land is both a gift and a curse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom