News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

doctornick

I'm still baffled by how cautious Disney is playing all of this. I don't understand the reasoning unless it's money.

I don't really see how its confusing in the slightest. Disney is the most brand conscious and bad PR adverse of any theme parks - with good reason, because as the "big dog" in the industry there is a ton more scrutiny and attention on them than on anyone else (including Uni). Universal can get by having fireworks without any negative PR because the media isn't going to pay attention to them. Once Disney allows fireworks again, it will be all over the news, all over the country. So they have to be extra cautious to make sure it is done in a way that won't get (much of any) negative attention.

Being the industry leader has a lot of benefits, like brand loyalty and unpaid advertising, but also comes with the downside that every move is more scrutinized and reported.

mattpeto

I don't really see how its confusing in the slightest. Disney is the most brand conscious and bad PR adverse of any theme parks - with good reason, because as the "big dog" in the industry there is a ton more scrutiny and attention on them than on anyone else (including Uni). Universal can get by having fireworks without any negative PR because the media isn't going to pay attention to them. Once Disney allows fireworks again, it will be all over the news, all over the country. So they have to be extra cautious to make sure it is done in a way that won't get (much of any) negative attention.

Being the industry leader has a lot of benefits, like brand loyalty and unpaid advertising, but also comes with the downside that every move is more scrutinized and reported.

I agree with this...

It's just the argument against this, is they could do social distancing fireworks in Epcot and Hollywood Studios without much a problem. (I know there are is some backstage considerations for Fantasmic!)

TrainsOfDisney

They aren’t ready, Covid protocol wise. But they will be.
It’s a lovely excuse to save $$$.
I'm still baffled by how cautious Disney is playing all of this. I don't understand the reasoning unless it's money.
It’s $$$.
Brand image?
If they were concerned about that they would have cancelled the projection show and pyro during the holidays when crowds were bunching up to watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom