News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

yonafunu

Disney has been quietly testing fireworks at Magic Kingdom. Assuming 1st dose vaccination rates keep going up and case rates keep going down in Florida, the goal is for nightly fireworks to return to the Magic Kingdom by July. This seems to be very achievable. Shows could resume before then, but July is the goal that management really wants to hit. Physically distanced markers would be placed around the hub area and Main Street for fireworks viewing, similar to how Shanghai Disneyland is operating.
Do you have a source or something to support what you say ?
Because i was hyped by MNSSH and we have now Boo something ...
So if it is a new rumor without any source ....

Touchdown

There’s more to HEA than fireworks, signed the person who watched HEA from WL two weeks before its debut, and whose seen the Dreamlights lit and the show lights cycling in October (at 2:30 am coming back from HHN.)

castlecake2.0

Have to agree lol. If Epcot was to start fireworks in July I’d honestly believe it more because it’s not as congested as MKs Hub.
With all the festival stuff everywhere I’m not sure thats the case right now. MK with bypass behind Main Street open might be easier to manage in Covid times.

Goofy213

Fourth of July would likely be the best date for a comeback. If they're having trouble with social distancing, just don't do any projections in the castle first so people won't need to fight for limited prime spots in the castle hub, and since Fourth of July fireworks are usually 180 or 360 degrees, they can encourage people to just watch in other areas.
Are you saying that we may see a return of Wishes?

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
What about Epcot? Earlier or later than MK?
Later
Great to hear about this. Curious though, how do they quietly test fireworks?
Middle of the night / early morning.
Until there is announcement from WDW, I’ll treat this as Fantasmic in February.
That news didn’t come from me. No reason to associate what I say with that.
I am the source. Would like to think I’m a reliable one at that. But if you want confirmation, just go door to door of everyone that lives slightly north of Magic Kingdom, ask if they’re a light sleeper, and see if they have been woken up by fireworks in the past few weeks.

nickys

Premium Member
He is the source .......

As far as the party goes, we’ll we heard a while ago that they were planned to return in a modified format, which is what it is. And with the added likelihood of fireworks it becomes more exciting to some at least.

yonafunu

Later

Middle of the night / early morning.

That news didn’t come from me. No reason to associate what I say with that.

I am the source. Would like to think I’m a reliable one at that. But if you want confirmation, just go door to door of everyone that lives slightly north of Magic Kingdom, ask if they’re a light sleeper, and see if they have been woken up by fireworks in the past few weeks.
Thank you for the explanation.
But why July specifically? Is there a particular reason to give a month for a probable return of the fireworks ?
I saw Disney is currently hiring a fireworks designer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom