News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
UPDATE: Confirmed by the Disney Parks Blog, the fireworks at Magic Kingdom and Epcot are coming back July 1st. Obviously physical distancing rules have changed since then, so no need for the decals, but I’m happy to see Happily Ever After come back. Epcot Forever… well, I guess I’ll take what we can get. Original unedited post is below:

Disney has been quietly testing fireworks at Magic Kingdom. Assuming 1st dose vaccination rates keep going up and case rates keep going down in Florida, the goal is for nightly fireworks to return to the Magic Kingdom by July. This seems to be very achievable. Shows could resume before then, but July is the goal that management really wants to hit. Physically distanced markers would be placed around the hub area and Main Street for fireworks viewing, similar to how Shanghai Disneyland is operating.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

Fourth of July would likely be the best date for a comeback. If they're having trouble with social distancing, just don't do any projections in the castle first so people won't need to fight for limited prime spots in the castle hub, and since Fourth of July fireworks are usually 180 or 360 degrees, they can encourage people to just watch in other areas.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
How is Shanghai spacing people out in the hubs and down main street exactly? Do they have markers everywhere? Would think that would be a little tacky plus honestly while I know it would be difficult to police, 3ft distancing is basically nothing if I can reach out and touch them but I won’t get into the safety theater outdoors discussion here

Squishy

How is Shanghai spacing people out in the hubs and down main street exactly? Do they have markers everywhere? Would think that would be a little tacky plus honestly while I know it would be difficult to police, 3ft distancing is basically nothing if I can reach out and touch them but I won’t get into the safety theater outdoors discussion here
mhm

ToTBellHop

It would be very foolish to premiere them ON July 4. Expect further announcements in the weeks ahead. Two weeks ago, DL was the focus. This past week was Halloween. They’ll move on to some further summer entertainment announcements soon. I dare not estimate when—I’ve long ago given up trying to predict when marketing releases information. Memorial Day is a logical time to announce summer offerings but they aren’t always logical.

If it were me deciding, and it’s not, I’d want bang out of my buck all summer and would start fireworks sometime next month so you don’t have all the locals converge on the park for July 4. Curious to see what they decide. They want something for summer and already delayed Rat as the BIG 50th ride....

Last edited:

orky8

It would be very foolish to premiere them ON July 4. Expect further announcements in the weeks ahead. Two weeks ago, DL was the focus. This past week was Halloween. They’ll move on to some further summer entertainment announcements soon. I dare not estimate when—I’ve long ago given up trying to predict when marketing releases information. Memorial Day is a logical time to announce summer offerings but they aren’t always logical.

If it were me deciding, and it’s not, I’d want bang out of my buck all summer and would start fireworks sometime next month so you don’t have all the locals converge on the park for July 4. Curious to see what they decide. They want something for summer and already delayed Rat as the BIG 50th ride....
I think if they’re smart, they should start fireworks back up June 1st or June 5th. That gives them a week or two before summer really kicks off for the locals to get their fix.

Rosso11

I wouldn’t be surprised if they make a few announcements Thursday at the quarterly Earnings results about continued reopening plans. Wall Street really wants to know how quickly the parks can get back to normal and that’s what has been holding the stock back the last few months. Wall Street will be pushing them on the latest capacity numbers and future booking numbers. If they give a very positive outlook for the parks and the Disney+ numbers are good the stock will more than likely jump again. So anything they can say to show a return to normal such as the return of fireworks will be seen as a big positive.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Disney has been quietly testing fireworks at Magic Kingdom. Assuming 1st dose vaccination rates keep going up and case rates keep going down in Florida, the goal is for nightly fireworks to return to the Magic Kingdom by July. This seems to be very achievable. Shows could resume before then, but July is the goal that management really wants to hit. Physically distanced markers would be placed around the hub area and Main Street for fireworks viewing, similar to how Shanghai Disneyland is operating.
Will it be changed to "The Muppets Present: Happily Ever After?"

StarshipDisney

What a great day if this happens. This and bring back FP+ and we may yet use our reservation at the Contemporary in September. If they want $1100/night from me then they will need to throw us a few bones by July (payment due date).

danv3

Great to hear about this. Curious though, how do they quietly test fireworks?
Also, what's to test? MK isn't getting a new show, right? Admittedly I don't know much about running fireworks shows, but if it's an automated program, and the program hasn't changed, it doesn't seem like you'd need very much testing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom