News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

TTA94

Wasn’t the Maleficent mishap more so an overall design/engineering flaw or part failure in the flame projector/mechanism and had little to nothing to do with neglected maintenance?

But, the Spectromen and I understand your point! 😉

Not to start this subject lol but I wonder if the Spectromen floats survived? The fish and one or two others did, but whether they still live to this day idk. One could say the spectomen floats live, in modern form, in Paint The Night. Just not with “The Spectromen”.

brb1006

Not to start this subject lol but I wonder if the Spectromen floats survived? The fish and one or two others did, but whether they still live to this day idk. One could say the spectomen floats live, in modern form, in Paint The Night. Just not with “The Spectromen”.
The fate of the Spectromen is unknown, as for the fish and other floats from the parade.
979.png

Vinnie Mac

I mean HEA replaced Wishes, and that was a positive. NSSS replaced Hallo-Wishes and that was a negative for the most part. MWC replaced Holiday Wishes and that was a positive.

So Disney’s two for three. There’a a decent chance this new show will actually be good.
Whaaaaat? I would consider NSSS a positive!

DorysDitty

It's so frustrating to be an off-site, out-of-state AP. We're coming in Friday July 1, but I don't want to use one of our 3 precious reservations to JUST see Fireworks Friday night. We have MK Saturday, EP for July 4th, and DHS on Monday. I guess we'll be Ticket and Transportation Centering to Contemporary to watch from the balcony Friday night. Off topic, but I really wish APs could get at least 4 reservation days. That's at least one per park.

mm52200

It's so frustrating to be an off-site, out-of-state AP. We're coming in Friday July 1, but I don't want to use one of our 3 precious reservations to JUST see Fireworks Friday night. We have MK Saturday, EP for July 4th, and DHS on Monday. I guess we'll be Ticket and Transportation Centering to Contemporary to watch from the balcony Friday night. Off topic, but I really wish APs could get at least 4 reservation days. That's at least one per park.
....if you arrive July 1, the fireworks will be running every night after that so you should be able to see them Saturday night with your MK reservation?

jrhwdw

One week to go! Let’s hope 7/1 isn’t a wash out. Been high rain chances and storms latel
Def no Tink but the rest of HEA should be fine for the diehards! No kites to worry about at Epcot anymore!

I remember it stormed for DPB's Celebrate America a few years ago. They waited and still got it in! That was the stormiest(at Fireworks Time) July 4th I've seen WDW have since I think Celebrate America started back in 2008!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Have not seen that but I believe you! Did not know that! Just figured MK Pyro was bulit like ROE Weather wise.
There’s several wind meters around the park and on the castle. If any exceed their recommended speed or direction certain shells are manually pulled in real time until the wind drops - when they can be reinstated. Higher gusts or maintained speeds can mean whole groups being pulled - or all the rooftops.

This is sometimes why certain effects may be missing from a show. The wind can be a lot different 200 foot above the hub.

RoE would also scrub certain effects depending on the wind. Mainly the perimeters or the inferno barge intensity.

DorysDitty

....if you arrive July 1, the fireworks will be running every night after that so you should be able to see them Saturday night with your MK reservation?
Oh yeah, we plan to watch them Saturday at MK, but in the pre-Covid days we’d swing in a park once we made it to Orlando. We’re all excited to see fireworks at Disney again, so we’ll watch them Friday AND Saturday! If we had more days to book, I’d probably make a reservation for Friday, but with only 3, I can’t risk not having the full days booked.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Def no Tink but the rest of HEA should be fine for the diehards! No kites to worry about at Epcot anymore!

I remember it stormed for DPB's Celebrate America a few years ago. They waited and still got it in! That was the stormiest(at Fireworks Time) July 4th I've seen WDW have since I think Celebrate America started back in 2008!
2012? It was storming like mad but they got it off 90 minutes late.

TTA94

Just to note 7/1 there’s currently a 40% chance of storms, 7/2 a 30%. Of course this is pretty much a every day thing this time of year. The question is what time of day the daily thunderstorms hit. Last night it was all evening…

Keeping 7/2 and 7/3 MK reservations on standby juuust in case.

ifan

Lots of people here were assuming there wouldn't be cast previews - but here we are! Glad they get this opportunity. Much needed after such a rough year and reduced benefits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom