News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Disney Glimpses

IMHO, if you like riding attractions, After Hours has a much better value than parties. You can often ride the most popular attractions multiple times without leaving the ride vehicle.

That being said, wouldn't be surprised to see them bump inventory on Boo Bash vs. previous parties.

Not even close! After hours events are significantly lower capacity than holiday parties.
Yeah generally DAH events are an incredible way to experience MK with virtually no crowds. My wife and I have been to 5 since 2018 at MK including one Villains themed AH in Feb 2020. There is no official number of how many tickets are sold at these events, but from experience, there are moments walking around various lands and no other people are within 100 feet.

I think Disney did a poor job at explaining the difference between After Hours events and their usual Parties. AH is NOT a usual party - they just decided to use the AH platform to host a halloween themed party which again, they've already done something very close last year with the Villains themed AH events that had several parades and a themed stage show with some villains. Before this Villains themed AH event, there was NO shows or parades; it was just 3 hours of no crowds, all rides open, and free snacks.

The cost of AH events being higher than the normal halloween parties also caught a lot of people off guard. Interestingly, most of the dates in August and September are priced around the same as the usual After Hour parties pre-COVID ($129-139). These dates IMO are worth incredible value considering the same price tag AND you get 3 unique halloween themed calvelcades, the candy trick or treating that is usually only for the parties, and I believe a themed stage show. I do wish there was more than 3 hours (at least 4 would be great) but this seems like a great value PURELY considering the VERY low AH crowds.

jrhwdw

I'm so happy for all of you! We are a one firework show per trip kind of family, more early risers and early(ish) to bed. But, what this means for other "normal" around WDW and Orlando is so refreshing! The symbolism of MK fireworks is such a wonderful moment we should all be grateful to receive. I'm also really glad they are allowing MK guests of all types to enjoy HEA during October, and not messing with scheduling MNSSHP during a landmark anniversary year.

Once staffing picks up, I'm hoping next for PO resort complex and parcel/shopping resort delivery.
Thanks to COVID . Let's be Real here. TDO would have had no excuse to cann MNSSHP 2021 if there was never COVID.

I'm really Hoping TDO goes with a 50th Tag every night and not just a one off like Epcot's Anniversaries. If they have to stop the 50th Tag for a Holiday one? Fine with me!

As far as Insiders and DPB....Insiders here are Wonderful!! This Rumor was so Strong before this morning, it wasn't funny! But it's never 100% true until it hits DPB or more importantly, the Official Calendar, Right??? Unless TDO goes for a complete Shock! Like the Holiday Pyro Shots of 2020.

havoc315

The cost of AH events being higher than the normal halloween parties also caught a lot of people off guard. Interestingly, most of the dates in August and September are priced around the same as the usual After Hour parties pre-COVID ($129-139). These dates IMO are worth incredible value considering the same price tag AND you get 3 unique halloween themed calvelcades, the candy trick or treating that is usually only for the parties, and I believe a themed stage show. I do wish there was more than 3 hours (at least 4 would be great) but this seems like a great value PURELY considering the VERY low AH crowds.

No stage show for this.

sullyinMT

Thanks to COVID . Let's be Real here. TDO would have had no excuse to cann MNSSHP 2021 if there was never COVID.
Maybe you just found a silver lining 😉. Seriously, whatever the reason, I’m glad for those with trips planned. If they add BAH nights, it won’t mess with park reservations and your MK day being shortened a number of hours if you’re not attending. And you won’t miss your one or two chances for HEA during your Aug-Oct trip if you have one (a trip &/or MK day). It’s a win for those folks, even if the way we got here stinks.

Soo.... if you were looking to watch HEA by the castle on July 1st, what time would you grab a spot?

When the park opens right? 🤣 All seriousness though, I was thinking two hours prior? It's just two in our group so we can squish in.

Disney Glimpses

I know we love to hate on corporate decisions (namely Chapek), but let's not discount the fact that the 50th anniversary coincides with when the Halloween parties would largely be running. Those parties rely heavily on theming that may not exist this year due to that celebration. On top of that, infrastructure re: events/shows are likely to be different as well.

Could they be gone forever? Sure, anything is possible, but this is definitely a wait and see situation.

Mickey2021

I know this is crazy but I recall months ago the speculation by some was that Fantasmic would be the first fireworks show returning. Are there any rumors on when this show will start back up given the recent announcements about HEA and EF?

Disney Glimpses

I know this is crazy but I recall months ago the speculation by some was that Fantasmic would be the first fireworks show returning. Are there any rumors on when this show will start back up given the recent announcements about HEA and EF?
In a world where Fantasmic was 100% operational with no need for refurbishment, you're probably right. But they used the closure to their advantage to do a refurb. No idea to what extent though, maybe someone knows. I haven't been following.

Parker in NYC

I kind of doubt it any time soon - since it's a complex stage production with a large cast, rather than just a fireworks show. But they're hiring performers again - so who knows?

gerarar

Premium Member
Recent aerials of the amphitheater show the support rigs stripped of their lighting systems (the ones in the globes). They are also doing visible track work.

Much needed maintenance and refurbishment is probably the leading cause of F! not coming back online anytime soon. Because of this, Fantasmic! is probably still a couple months away.

I posted a much detailed breakdown in this thread:
Post in thread 'Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.' https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...tasmic-coming-by-february.971224/post-9826267

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, the dessert party, as expensive as it is, was the only thing that made HEA bearable pre-COVID.

Some of the desserts were really good, but the viewing location was the real plus. Not that I’d do one again, the price is not worth it (we did ours just before the last price increase). I’m not trying to say it’s anything but a pay-to-get-a-prime-viewing-spot scheme, because that’s what it is. You can’t possibly eat enough sweets to cover the cost (unless you have an unbelievable metabolism and don’t get full).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom