Magic Kingdom adds 7am morning Extra Magic Hours everyday over Easter

menamechris

The Florida Resident Seasonal Pass blacks out the last two weeks of April...so make of that what you will.

True. Easter is always extremely busy time. But the resort really hasn't seemed to get a break from the crowds. They have been adding hours left and right since before Springs Break. A local news report here said tourism taxes were up 20% so for this year. That's great news! Even if it does mean waiting a little longer in line, WDW really needs this...

aurorawest

True. Easter is always extremely busy time. But the resort really hasn't seemed to get a break from the crowds. They have been adding hours left and right since before Springs Break. A local news report here said tourism taxes were up 20% so for this year. That's great news! Even if it does mean waiting a little longer in line, WDW really needs this...

I've noticed that...seems like every time DH and I go, hours get extended. Not that I'm complaining!

DaGoof00

It has been very busy lately it seems! TDO take note: more guest should = more improvements and additions. :ROFLOL:

H20Babie

I was in the World Easter last year (2010) and pretty much walked onto or Fastpassed rides. Crowds were forecasted to be 8's to 10's on touringplans but it was a cakewalk. Did everything we wanted to do and then some ... even took afternoon pool breaks.

WDW1974

Yes ... all true, but also can be a bit misleading.

Disney has gotten in the habit of 'adding hours' the past few years (sometimes ridculously where you'll have two EMHs at MK, so the park is open from 7 a.m. to 3 a.m. and can't be maintained well), but those hours are always at MK.

It doesn't equate to when they'd also have regular midnight or 11 p.m. closings at EPCOT or Disney-MGM at the same time (or even night hours at water parks).

MK needs those hours not because it is doing exceptionally well with crowds, but because the park's capacity has been shot over the last 15 years and is worse now than ever with a whole land closed and walled up. Add FP to the mix, and I'm sure you'll have people breathlessly talking about how they've 'never seen it so busy' ... and they aren't lying ... they just don't realize how operationally different the MK of 2011 is vs. the MK of 1991.

Oh, and I better not even mention how the proliferation of double-wide strollers and ECVs lead to a very unpleasant experience just trying to navigate around the parks.:rolleyes:

Aurora&Phillip

I was in the World Easter last year (2010) and pretty much walked onto or Fastpassed rides. Crowds were forecasted to be 8's to 10's on touringplans but it was a cakewalk. Did everything we wanted to do and then some ... even took afternoon pool breaks.

I read the same during President's Break last year. Yet when I was there I experienced the same as you. There were nights with EMH where it felt like I owned the park because there really was not many people there. It was awesome!

Patrick_Ears

We arrive on Sat the day before Easter and we was palnning to go to the MK on that day.... Hmmmm i think we may have to make some changes...... Epcot or maybe DAK could be a good one to visit first.

flavious27

I think my wife would divorce me if I had us lining up at MK's front gate at 7 am. I wonder what kind of strain having the park opening at 7am and closing at 3am a night or two each week has on the nightly maintenance.

The Empress Lilly

Cool.

I wish Disney would extent operating hours more often. It is by far the easiest way to deal with busy periods. Bring back the 1:00 AM closing hours!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom