Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

I’m thinking we might get very little advanced notice regarding 50th entertainment. They probably won’t announce anything, PTN, Harmonious opening date, etc, until pre Covid entertainment resumes.

Btw did they cancel the Destination D event completely that was going to take place this fall?or was it postponed? That was rumored to be when the 50th announcements were going to take place. Maybe that gets rescheduled for.... Spring 21? Summer 21? Fall 21 (hopefully worst case)?

Edit: Destination D was postponed with a future date coming later this year.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

If we're done for the day, So much for a 1PM PDT Press Conference. I must have messed up the time of this somehow.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I’m thinking we might get very little advanced notice regarding 50th entertainment. They probably won’t announce anything, PTN, Harmonious opening date, etc, until pre Covid entertainment resumes.

Btw did they cancel the Destination D event completely that was going to take place this fall?or was it postponed? That was rumored to be when the 50th announcements were going to take place. Maybe that gets rescheduled for.... Spring 21? Summer 21? Fall 21 (hopefully worst case)?

Edit: Destination D was postponed with a future date coming later this year.
Because 2021 is also a D23 expo year, they may very well wait until then to present 50th plans in order to keep the parks panel from feeling lackluster..

TTA94

Paint the night
castle paint
harmonius
Rat
Tron
return of fantasmic, happily ever after, and festival of fantasy
Poly reopens
cupcake flights

I know some of this isn't for sure, but honestly, could be worse

Honestly I’ll just be happy to finally have MK nights back to the way they used to be with a light parade! Is Paint The Night the ideal choice? No. It’s going to be quite jarring hearing the upbeat “When Can We Do This Again” blaring over the MK speakers, compared to the elaborate orchestral soundtrack of SpectroMagic. But I’d rather have something modern and “new to MK” instead of the ancient MSEP again.

tirian

Honestly I’ll just be happy to finally have MK nights back to the way they used to be with a light parade! Is Paint The Night the ideal choice? No. It’s going to be quite jarring hearing the upbeat “When Can We Do This Again” blaring over the MK speakers, compared to the elaborate orchestral soundtrack of SpectroMagic. But I’d rather have something modern and “new to MK” instead of the ancient MSEP again.
A proper 50th anniversary celebration should have an all-new, updated Spectromagic, which the company can certainly afford to build.

TTA94

A proper 50th anniversary celebration should have an all-new, updated Spectromagic, which the company can certainly afford to build.

I hope Paint The Night will be a interim parade and MK will still get a updated SpectroMagic or similar in a couple years. I guess that depends if Disneyland will want it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom