Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tip Top Club

If we're not getting something new, I think Paint the night is a fine parade. I'm not sure I believe the rumor about Mack not fitting, DLR's route is generally more narrow. The two spots that I can think of can be easily modified with one night of concrete work if need be.

As for the Frozen Float, it was actually sent off to Hong Kong and was supposed to debut as a plus to their version of the parade this summer. That has obviously not happened, but as far as I know they did go through with sending it over, so while the Incredibles float did not use the same chassis, the Frozen Float will not be available here.

Moana would certainly be an excellent addition, and if there was any possibility of running it with Incredibles AND Frozen AND a potential extra float (hopefully Moana), it would be a really excellent addition. Although hopefully temporary, put me down for hoping for a spiritual successor to Spectro some day.

jrhwdw

If we're not getting something new, I think Paint the night is a fine parade. I'm not sure I believe the rumor about Mack not fitting, DLR's route is generally more narrow. The two spots that I can think of can be easily modified with one night of concrete work if need be.

As for the Frozen Float, it was actually sent off to Hong Kong and was supposed to debut as a plus to their version of the parade this summer. That has obviously not happened, but as far as I know they did go through with sending it over, so while the Incredibles float did not use the same chassis, the Frozen Float will not be available here.

Moana would certainly be an excellent addition, and if there was any possibility of running it with Incredibles AND Frozen AND a potential extra float (hopefully Moana), it would be a really excellent addition. Although hopefully temporary, put me down for hoping for a spiritual successor to Spectro some day.
Did I miss something, because this is the first time I heard PTN's Frozen being in HKDL. Is PTN still in HKDL's plan when the 15th Anniversary can start?

As for COVID and Night Parades...Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe before COVID, No insider could tell us that MK was in the beginning or middle of building a brand new Night Parade. It was either MESP Again, PTN but a lot of people were saying no, New Night Parade or nothing at all(knowing how TDO operated the last 5 years with the exception being HEA) .

If Parade Construction was going on in early 2020, wouldn't MK still have that budget? Could the work continue safely? Or did MK throw out he budget/project with AK's ROL and go for PTN?

trainplane3

So will DL regret sending this parade to us too? MSEP was pretty "simple" in terms of it's functions. PTN is much more complicated. Will WDW be able to maintain the floats and costumes to not have it looking poor after a year?

DoleWhipDrea

So will DL regret sending this parade to us too? MSEP was pretty "simple" in terms of it's functions. PTN is much more complicated. Will WDW be able to maintain the floats and costumes to not have it looking poor after a year?

MSEP is a bigger attendance driver than PTN (Disneyland added it to their summer lineup when Galaxy’s Edge didn’t bring in the crowds they were expecting.) It’s something that the locals treasure seeing. PTN is loved there too but MSEP is still the original.

Anaheim’s Entertainment department doesn’t really trust Orlando’s to take care of anything after what happened to MSEP, but ultimately it’s not their call. The higher ups have to make smart decisions to make the 50th a success and drive attendance. DLR is still closed without any indication from the state when they can reopen, and WDW is not seeing the numbers they want. They have to be budget conscious but be able to advertise something that will get people excited. As of right now, MK doesn’t have anything new announced even though it’s that particular park’s anniversary. This could fill that void.

TTA94

Going off the PTN topic,

I wonder if there are plans to make changes to the property entrance signs/archways for the 50th? They could use a overhaul.

jrhwdw

Still nothing on PTN's fate on Twitter. So.....when will Twitter and TC(he's not an official voice but still)get wind of this??? Would be nice to get more confirmations!!!!

^Sorry! I'm in a mood this morning!!

TTA94

Still nothing on PTN's fate on Twitter. So.....when will Twitter and TC(he's not an official voice but still)get wind of this??? Would be nice to get more confirmations!!!!

^Sorry! I'm in a mood this morning!!

Confirmations might not come for awhile yet. I can’t see PTN debuting until at least next Summer or around this time next year.

DoleWhipDrea

Remember - Disney is trying to remain cautious with the pandemic. The reality is that Americans don’t have a definitive date as to when a properly tested vaccine will be available for everyone to get, and until a vaccine is widely available, they will not be bringing back any big parades or fireworks to promote social distancing. If they announce a date for bringing back any of this entertainment ahead of time and then have to push it back, it will just be a bigger PR headache for them.

It’s better for them to work on these plans quietly and hope for the best for now. When it’s safe to get everyone excited to book a big 50th anniversary package, when they can confidently no longer have to enforce a reduced capacity and operate mostly the way they’re used to, they’ll do it.

jrhwdw

Any more info on that 22nd event? My guess is it’s strictly about Disneyland reopening?
Twitter is saying that filming DL´s Announcement is happening tomorrow.(rumor I believe) So it wouldn't deal with the 22nd I'm guessing. Plus isn't Tues WDW related since we're talking about it on the WDW side of these boards? All I know is hopefully something good will come Tues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom