Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcoachable

I have a suspicion that what may be the plans now is unlikely to be what actually happens in the next decade. Investments in the studios/Epcot? Yes, they probably will happen because they have no choice - DHS is about to be overrun, and Epcot is treading water. But two things I think will dictate the next decade of park development:.

1. The management team is likely to look very different in a few years, with Bob Iger retiring. So new people will be in place to start making decisions.
  2. I don't think anyone has started to grasp the magnitude of what Galaxy's Edge will bring to the parks - not just DHS. Magic Kingdom is already bursting at the seams. I think in 2-3 years they are going to have to reassess and plan for massive expansion of all 4 parks.
Or...
They continue to raise prices to astronomical amounts to control crowds... or charge “special upcharge” to access the Galaxy Edge stuff...
I’m hoping for your solution instead...

mikejs78

Premium Member
Or...
They continue to raise prices to astronomical amounts to control crowds... or charge “special upcharge” to access the Galaxy Edge stuff...
I’m hoping for your solution instead...
I think that strategy will hit a breaking point with Galaxy's edge... They may try, but it's not going to be as profitable in the long term.. There's probably a tipping point where they can effectively rase a single-day ticket to. My guess is that's around $150. But beyond that tipping point, whatever it is, they'll start to lose money as they raise prices because the number of people who drop off will start to accelerate, and those willing to spend won't make up for the lost merch/food/beverage sales.

HMF

1. The management team is likely to look very different in a few years, with Bob Iger retiring. So new people will be in place to start making decisions.
A pity that this management team will have already done arguably irreparable damage before then.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A pity that this management team will have already done arguably irreparable damage before then.

Nothing will change once Iger finally leaves. His lieutenants, like future CEO Chapek, will continue his "leadership" "philosophies" for years. It will take a total cleanout at the top and basically a lobotomy to swing the focus away from pleasing stock analysts on a quarterly basis and get back to guest experience and quality across-the-board.

And they have some serious lessons coming up once SW:GE opens. It's either going to blow attendance numbers up throughout the parks and they'll be left scrambling trying to figure out what to do to lessen the impact, or it's going to be a colossal letdown and they'll be left scrambling to figure out what happened.

John park hopper

Cast Member Voice. Recently banned from WDWMAGIC for constantly hating on Disney to the point that it was obviously just for attention. Harassed various members here and also encouraged Cast Members stealing money from Disney. Check out the thread "Bad Cast Member Behavior" and make sure you read the quoted messages. His original posts were deleted by the moderators but you can still see what he said if you read the thread from the beginning including all quotes.
Thanks --had not read that post from beginning ---CMV bad news

mikejs78

Premium Member
I’m not sure if @MansionButler84 was serious or joking about “Trip A Little Light Fantastic”? Aside from maybe a Marry Poppins float I don’t see how that song would work as a main theme... If so we could end up with a parade name of “Light Fantastic”.
See I was thinking that the song would be perfect for a light parade - more similar in style to Soectromagic than Paint the Night or MSEP.... I can kind of imagine how it would go in my head...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom