Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

brb1006

I seem to remember some of the insiders saying a “50 new things” advertising campaign was going to be a part of the 50th, which would include anything from new attractions to small plusses to existing attractions, is that still going to happen or has that died out?
Hopefully they might do a similar marketing campaign like this.

brb1006

How far in advance did they start advertising the 25th?
I'm going to guess sometime in 1994 or 1995.

More info can be found on this site

https://waltdatedworld.com/id75.htm

Guests would also receive a special lithograph when they registered. The poster featured a child and Mickey walking toward the castle (without the cake overlay) in the moonlight and was bordered by a wood frame design featuring Disney characters.
87fab390.jpg

999th Happy Haunt

Last we heard from insiders, it's still a thing. Though, don't be surprised if anything added in the previous few years before the 50th or rather minor things get counted.
Last I remember some of the rumored additions were things like Hatbox Ghost in the Mansion and new effects of ToT. If a good chunk of the 50 is stuff like that I’ll actually be satisfied. Hopefully revamped BTM third lift is part of that too.

Kman101

Last I remember some of the rumored additions were things like Hatbox Ghost in the Mansion and new effects of ToT. If a good chunk of the 50 is stuff like that I’ll actually be satisfied. Hopefully revamped BTM third lift is part of that too.

"Little plusses" like this go a long way with me, too. Hopefully that's part of the plan. I mean, they still can't even implement the Big Thunder explosion enhancement ...

brb1006

Well when they start listing the 50 reasons be ready to hear things that are already done and things done years ago...they will probably be hyping the FLE, Tangled Toilets, new pain on some attractions...The new Magic Kingdom toll plaza entrance and bypass, recently cleaned restrooms... Let's see, what else...lol
THE YETI IS FINALLY FIXED!!! :D

...Joe Rhode please make this happen before 2021. :cry:

Donaldfan1934

RIP hub trees, you will be missed.
This might be somewhat of a bold statement, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the removal of the hub trees has been single most damaging decision in MK's entire history. Not simply because of their aesthetic purposes, but for their essential function of providing a shady spot to sit down a take a load off. Without such places towards the front of the park, many people rush through Town Square and the hub just to get out of the sun instead of taking in the atmosphere as the park's designers intended. I personally believe it's Disney's enabling of this kind of guest mentality over the years that has caused many problems at WDW that could've been avoided if they didn't create an environment for certain situations to occur. Yes, some views of nighttime entertainment offerings may be more ideal than others, but park management should've tried to accommodate for these desires in ways that other Disney resorts have managed to do successfully without compromising their parks.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

This might be somewhat of a bold statement, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the removal of the hub trees has been single most damaging decision in MK's entire history. Not simply because of their aesthetic purposes, but for their essential function of providing a shady spot to sit down a take a load off. Without such places towards the front of the park, many people rush through Town Square and the hub just to get out of the sun instead of taking in the atmosphere as the park's designers intended. I personally believe it's Disney's enabling of this kind of guest mentality over the years that has caused many problems at WDW that could've been avoided if they didn't create an environment for certain situations to occur. Yes, some views of nighttime entertainment offerings may more ideal than others, but park management should've tried to accommodate for these desires in ways that other Disney resorts have managed to do successfully without compromising their parks.

They massacred what once was the crown jewel of Disney World, a lush beautiful park. Check out the out of print book Gardens of Walt Disney World sometime, it is shocking and heart breaking to see how it once was compared to the massive concrete barren cattle call it is now.

po1998

THE YETI IS FINALLY FIXED!!! :D

...Joe Rhode please make this happen before 2021. :cry:
Maybe he should go on some world expeditions in hopes of finding someone who can fix the Yeti? On a more serious note, Rhode obviously doesn't have the clout to convince the bean counters to green light the Yeti repair.

Haymarket2008

This is wishful thinking, but I really hope WDW finally updates the entrance design with something special in the coming years. I think the entrance arch might had debuted sometime in the mid 1990's as WDW was approaching it's 25th Anniversary Celebration in 1996. The only notable changes was swapping Mickey and Minnie on the signs every few years.

wdw.jpg

I hope they put the original WDW logo back, since it’s all but officially changed to the original now.

peter11435

I hope they put the original WDW logo back, since it’s all but officially changed to the original now.
The original logo has never appeared on the entrance arches.

I would hardly say the original logo is back. It’s largely just used to move merchandise.

brb1006

This might be somewhat of a bold statement, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the removal of the hub trees has been single most damaging decision in MK's entire history. Not simply because of their aesthetic purposes, but for their essential function of providing a shady spot to sit down a take a load off. Without such places towards the front of the park, many people rush through Town Square and the hub just to get out of the sun instead of taking in the atmosphere as the park's designers intended. I personally believe it's Disney's enabling of this kind of guest mentality over the years that has caused many problems at WDW that could've been avoided if they didn't create an environment for certain situations to occur. Yes, some views of nighttime entertainment offerings may be more ideal than others, but park management should've tried to accommodate for these desires in ways that other Disney resorts have managed to do successfully without compromising their parks.
Here's some good photos of the trees.
SCB983524.jpg

76f030b4783208e520edfddc6a70c412--disneyland-vintage-disney-love.jpg

And at night.
cc94f-3.jpg

02.png

Animaniac93-98

I would hardly say the original logo is back. It’s largely just used to move merchandise.

I don't think it's coming back either, but I have noticed it showing up more often on things like the regular t-shirts and autograph books that wouldn't be sold for nostalgic reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom