Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disone

PTN—aka Screens on Wheels—is the most disappointing night parade I’ve ever seen, but I never saw Light Magic. ;)
That's an odd observation, screens on wheels. I kind of get it for the monsters Inc float and perhaps the drum but for Tinker Bell? Toy story? Elsa? Cars? Mermaid? Screens on Wheels? No. PTN was not also known as Screens on Wheels. Light magic was closer to being that.

Walter Elias Disney

That's an odd observation, screens on wheels. I kind of get it for the monsters Inc float and perhaps the drum but for Tinker Bell? Toy story? Elsa? Cars? Mermaid? Screens on Wheels? No. PTN was not also known as Screens on Wheels. Light magic was closer to being that.

I prefer Paint The Night any day to Light Magic..Unique yes...but you had to be in an exact spot to see the action.

tirian

I’ve heard many people in Entertainment call it that. It’s true there are only a few floats with screens, but they’re so prominent that they distract people who were hoping for a TDL-style night parade.

Somehow, I think the PTN style will work better and be less distracting in DCA.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Does anyone else get the feeling that Disney could put screens on the side of tram cars, show a bunch of characters, and they'd call it a parade these days? Are physical set pieces the focus still or are the screens?

Kman101

I’ve heard many people in Entertainment call it that. It’s true there are only a few floats with screens, but they’re so prominent that they distract people who were hoping for a TDL-style night parade.

Somehow, I think the PTN style will work better and be less distracting in DCA.

It's much better suited for DCA

discomouse131

Not sure if I have mentioned this before.... but was wondering if there are plans to release a 50th anniversary box set similar to Disneyland's? Would love to own such classics as "If You Had Wings" and "Now Is The Time".... I bought DL's box set and love it. I'm sure a WDW set would be just as amazing!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not sure if I have mentioned this before.... but was wondering if there are plans to release a 50th anniversary box set similar to Disneyland's? Would love to own such classics as "If You Had Wings" and "Now Is The Time".... I bought DL's box set and love it. I'm sure a WDW set would be just as amazing!

"Now Is The Time" was on an old Official Album of WDW, but I don't recall which one. I have it at home.

Hattieboxghost110

Shhh, the Disneylander's will come after you with pitchforks and torches! Don't you know it's the bestest nighttime parade EVER? ;) (I have my sarcasm font on)

I definitely think that the current nighttime parade at MK is superior to the PTN at DCA.

Here is my favorite part...

closingnew8.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
PTN has everything over 'no nighttime parade' that currently exists at MK.

What I wish had happened was that MK got PTN instead of DCA for a 3-4 year run, to be replaced by a new built for MK parade for the 50th.

I doubt TDA would refurb PTN and then loan is to TDO, who have quite a history, and an MO, with parade floats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom