Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Well it looks like WDW recently did some shopping at Disneyland for the villains cavalcade additions with Ursula from Frightfully Fun and Flatsam and Jetsam from Parade of Dreams. Let’s hope MSEP didn’t come back with them lol.
The Ursula currently at WDW isn’t the one from Frightfully Fun. Its a costume on top of the same scooters used for the 3 fairies in FoF.

TTA94

And yet Disneylands smaller, shorter, narrower parade route is just fine.

The issue at WDW is not the entire parade or the entire route. It’s one float and two locations along the route.

Where there is a will there is a way.

There just isn’t

The other rumor of the tech being destroyed in the Florida climate is even more ridiculous. If MK does get a brand new parade Im pretty it will use similar tech. Sure maybe they could “weather proof” it better or something.

peter11435

The other rumor of the tech being destroyed in the Florida climate is even more ridiculous. If MK does get a brand new parade Im pretty it will use similar tech. Sure maybe they could “weather proof” it better or something.
And the floats would spend 23 hours per day inside a climate controlled warehouse where Florida climate would be irrelevant.

DoleWhipDrea

Wait a minute, new SHOW? Or did you mean new parade?
Yes sorry, I meant parade. Bad night sleeping coupled with an early morning 😅

I feel like so often the lack of new entertainment for WDW uses weather as a clutch excuse. I went to MVMCP on opening night last year, and the parade did run for the first scheduled performance, even though that’s when the rain started that night - and only got more intense as the storm developed. The second performance (and everything else) did end up getting cancelled. But weather isn’t some sort of new challenge for WDW, and there are solutions to certain problems that Disney is better equipped at tackling than arguably any other company in the world. The real question is whether they’re willing to put up the money.

jrhwdw

And the floats would spend 23 hours per day inside a climate controlled warehouse where Florida climate would be irrelevant.
Yes sorry, I meant parade. Bad night sleeping coupled with an early morning 😅

I feel like so often the lack of new entertainment for WDW uses weather as a clutch excuse. I went to MVMCP on opening night last year, and the parade did run for the first scheduled performance, even though that’s when the rain started that night - and only got more intense as the storm developed. The second performance (and everything else) did end up getting cancelled. But weather isn’t some sort of new challenge for WDW, and there are solutions to certain problems that Disney is better equipped at tackling than arguably any other company in the world. The real question is whether they’re willing to put up the money.
Aside from 2010's MSEP staying/Spectro's death and the death of Pinocchio's Float when MSEP went back to DL......I TDO/MK seem to keep their floats in working codition . Some BTY/MOUACT Floats been around since the 80's. They still work and FOF is a whole new fleet, with help from TDL's Jubilation and they look fantastic! Was Move It, Shake It brand new floats when it opened in 2009?

aladdin2007

Aside from 2010's MSEP staying/Spectro's death and the death of Pinocchio's Float when MSEP went back to DL......I TDO/MK seem to keep their floats in working codition . Some BTY/MOUACT Floats been around since the 80's. They still work and FOF is a whole new fleet, with help from TDL's Jubilation and they look fantastic! Was Move It, Shake It brand new floats when it opened in 2009?

if they want to save money so badly that is something right there that needs to be cut already, it jams up main street and the hub with its show stops, you can't get anywhere in that gridlock of hordes of people.

brb1006

Actually the second half of Pinocchio's Float is missing. But I hope they could find a way to reuse The Aristocats float from "Happiness Is Here" Parade in the future.

Squishy

Thing is usually, atleast with msep & spectromagic if it started raining 30 mins before showtime the floats just stand outside as they are already lined up behind mainstreet, since paint the night is basically tv screens, wouldn't rain cause more damage to it than it does to christmas lights(msep)?

TTA94

Nightfall Glow would be nice, at least it would be something and new to here.

Mmmm soundtrack wise yes, if the lyric part of the song was changed to obviously not be about rain. The floats though? They are kinda blah. But it’s meant to be a rainy night parade.

TTA94

Actually the second half of Pinocchio's Float is missing. But I hope they could find a way to reuse The Aristocats float from "Happiness Is Here" Parade in the future.

I wouldn’t mind Happiness is Here to replace Festival of Fantasy lol, or better yet Dreaming Up!

Heck, send MK Dreamlights! Tokyo can easily build a brand new parade. I get they have updated the majority of the parade but I’m sure eventually they will want to whole new concept with the highest of technology.

The Visionary Soul

Paint the Night fits in Magic Kingdom, save for Mack. Probably options to replace him though. The primary issue with WDW is how they treat parades, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the climate. The techs in Florida just aren’t as good as the ones in California, and it’s not really their fault. It’s that they are underpaid and don’t get the maintenance money to keep the floats up to snuff. California was disappointed in the condition that MSEP was in when it returned to CA after it was in FL. They just don’t take care of things well enough in Florida. That makes CA’s management hesitant to send a parade to FL. However, PtN is notoriously expensive to run. It’s not a cheap parade at all. We’re talking like 3x the budget to run PtN than MSEP. I’m not saying PtN isn’t coming to WDW, I’m just making some points here so some of you can see why it’s not as easy of a decision as you might like it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom