Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso11

Disney's 100th? the 100th of what? Disneyland would be 2056 or 2071 for WDW? That would be pretty pathetic if it would take them another 36 to 50 years to put together a new light parade...lol Well at least there would be no one left alive that would be able to accurately remember the old one...
It is actually pretty pathetic that they have taken this long to replace Spectromagic...

The 100th Anniversary of the Walt Disney Company. This will be a huge company/world wide celebration.

jrhwdw

From other threads it doesn’t sound like insiders are aware of any parade in the works for the 50th. That’s depressing. 😞 Hopefully there’s still a small glimmer of hope since technically we still have a year and a couple months to go before one would need to debut in time for the 50th. Maybe it’s a project that is being kept under very tight wraps?

If we end up not getting a light parade until Disney’s 100th, like some have suggested, I’d rather have MSEP back as a interim parade over continuing to have nothing. I sure as heck don’t want MSEP back, but at the same time it’s better then waiting another few years with no parade at all.
IF MK/TDO Blows the Entertainment Package for the 50th.......WDC Needs to cut People and Areas in the Company!! I have a few in my head but I keep biting my tongue!

TTA94

IF MK/TDO Blows the Entertainment Package for the 50th.......WDC Needs to cut People and Areas in the Company!! I have a few in my head but I keep biting my tongue!

Hopefully Harmonius’s budget, which seems to be the only current entertainment project in the works, has nothing to do with the 50th. Plus some said Harmonius is running behind schedule from what it was originally going to debut. That’s not a good sign for the 50th entertainment. We shall see I guess.

MagicHappens1971

I have no insider information, however there could be entertainment projects in the works for the 50th that we haven't heard about yet. Seems unlikely considering our insiders have yet to hint at much yet, but I am holding on to the last bit of hope I have for the 50th.

TTA94

i hope they announce the dates for it sooner rather than later so can decide when to book lol

Anyone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe booking for October 2021 will begin in May? 499 days in advance.

Though what many need to keep in mind that the Celebration is likely to begin sooner, maybe Summer 2021. At least that’s the thinking.

TTA94

I have no insider information, however there could be entertainment projects in the works for the 50th that we haven't heard about yet. Seems unlikely considering our insiders have yet to hint at much yet, but I am holding on to the last bit of hope I have for the 50th.

Disney could be going to great lengths to keep the 50th projects under wraps. Im sure they are quite aware of our insiders lol. I would think things would have been green lit already and construction starting if not very soon.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney could be going to great lengths to keep the 50th projects under wraps. Im sure they are quite aware of our insiders lol. I would think things would have been green lit already and construction starting if not very soon.

Most of the new attractions, the new gates, Skyline, etc.... are all considered to be things done for the 50th. There are going to be very few surprises left, mostly dealing with shows, parades, and dance parties.

TTA94

Most of the new attractions, the new gates, Skyline, etc.... are all considered to be things done for the 50th. There are going to be very few surprises left, mostly dealing with shows, parades, and dance parties.

Oh I know that, definitely not expecting to hear anything we don’t know about, other than entertainment, decorations, etc.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My belief on the "what else could be happening for the 50th?" is... WYSIWYG. They could pull a rabbit out of their hat, but how likely that is to happen?

Matthew

Anyone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe booking for October 2021 will begin in May? 499 days in advance.

Though what many need to keep in mind that the Celebration is likely to begin sooner, maybe Summer 2021. At least that’s the thinking.

for me it's more a case of.... wife wants to go this November... i want to wait for the 50th to start... and i'm not sure how long i can delay her without having a date to tell her lol

TTA94

for me it's more a case of.... wife wants to go this November... i want to wait for the 50th to start... and i'm not sure how long i can delay her without having a date to tell her lol

Go this November And next November 🙂 lol. Going in fall of next year would be a safer bet to, to make sure everything for the 50th is open/debuted.

Matthew

Go this November And next November 🙂 lol. Going in fall of next year would be a safer bet to, to make sure everything for the 50th is open/debuted.

I wish I could... we originally said every other year but then she gets impatient... 2015, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2019... now she wants 2020 lol i'm content to wait but she'll probably get her way despite and we'll go twice!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wish I could... we originally said every other year but then she gets impatient... 2015, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2019... now she wants 2020 lol i'm content to wait but she'll probably get her way despite and we'll go twice!

Tip: If you go in two consecutive years, consider the AP. After 11 days (depending on add-ons) it becomes cheaper than day-tickets. With one AP, you can go late November, and then again early November.

Matthew

Tip: If you go in two consecutive years, consider the AP. After 11 days (depending on add-ons) it becomes cheaper than day-tickets. With one AP, you can go late November, and then again early November.

thats what we did for our second 2016 and 2017 trip... made alot of difference even with the fact that we get the ultimate 14 day ticket. In 2017 we had two car loads with us... free parking made alot of difference as well!

thanks though!

really hoping we get some type of night parade back for the 50th... even if its MSEP again (i'm a big fan!! lol)

TTA94

They could go nostalgic and bring back MSEP, (which should be, under different circumstances, Spectro) and have a WDW version of Remember Dreams Come True, Which is partially Wishes. They can still use the projections and lighting. That was something most fans wanted from the beginning which was a updated version of Wishes instead of the HEA replacement.

Adding to this a WDW, updated, version of Parade of Dreams W/show stop!

Matthew

They could go nostalgic and bring back MSEP, (which should be, under different circumstances, Spectro) and have a WDW version of Remember Dreams Come True, Which is partially Wishes. They can still use the projections and lighting. That was something most fans wanted from the beginning which was a updated version of Wishes instead of the HEA replacement.

Adding to this a WDW, updated, version of Parade of Dreams W/show stop!

I'm not a massive Spectro fan... much prefer MSEP. What i would actually like to see them do is something like an Celebrate the Magic which i think is far superior to Once Upon A Time and would actually fit better with an anniversary celebration.

brb1006

There's a difference between nostalgia and going backwards. A difference between classic and dated. MSEP is awful. It should be thrown into a fire.

I'm my opinion.
MSEP was once amazing and groundbreaking for it's time. But considering the existence of Spectromagic, Dreamlights, and PTN. Those parades (especially Dreamlights) blows that parade out of the water. MSEP is almost 50 years old at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom