Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanDLBZF

MerlinTheGoat

WDW's Big Thunder definitely hasn't received a full track replacement. And it has needed it badly for many years now.

It will require a lengthy closure when they finally get to it. Probably comparable to the amount of time Disneyland's version did when it got a full track replacement, which was 14 months spanning 2013-2014. Perhaps even longer if they continue to procrastinate.

I think Paris got significant work done on its track as well recently. Though I don't know how much (if any) was actually replaced. It's reportedly FAR smoother than before though, so they probably did replace quite a bit.

Touchdown

Splash is going down for an extended rehab, it makes sense to hold off on a major refurb of BTMRR this year, next year Splash will likely need a shorter rehab, leaving more time for a major BTMRR before summer. It’s my hope that the first half of 2021 sees lots of refurbs to get ready for the 50th on the “left side of the park” (BTMRR, JC, HM, CBJ.)

Last edited:

justintheharris

Granted, the fact that you could point out several attractions that need major refurbs in the MK says a lot.
Well just because I think Big Thunder Mountain needs a refurbishment doesn’t mean I don’t think Space Mountain doesn’t need one. They’re not mutually exclusive. I think literally every major ride in Magic Kingdom (except Seven Dwarfs, Pirates and Mansion) needs a long refurbishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom