Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

FullSailDan

Okay, I read it as you were talking about the two expansion areas on the park map style image.

The parking lot was used during the 4th for "fireworks viewing area". I was semi appalled by it. The overflow corridor behind main street is slowly being cleaned up and made acceptable for show.(Despite it already being in use....) That parking lot however was nowhere near ready for visibility to guests and the backstage areas in view were jarring. I know its the remnants of the old theatre so it CAN be used for guest space. Hopefully someday...

Fox&Hound

It has absolutely no "wow!" Something Disney used to unveil annually.

Really?!? No offense intended to you or the original poster but that is mere opinion. What you may dismiss, I think is fantastic. I looove 7DMine Train and the Ariel ride. Love the atmosphere of Be Our Guest and my 1 1/2 year old played in the new enhanced dumbo queue for like two hours and she was in pure heaven. My original point- we need to be careful to not dismiss what Disney IS doing simply because it may not suit our fancy. It's similar to me saying that Disney Springs DOES NOT COUNT because it's a big shopping mall. Disney is doing a lot these days and its tiring to see so much dismissed all the time while people wait for "real change or real improvements." Open your eyes- you're missing it =)

dizneycrazy09

Really?!? No offense intended to you or the original poster but that is mere opinion. What you may dismiss, I think is fantastic. I looove 7DMine Train and the Ariel ride. Love the atmosphere of Be Our Guest and my 1 1/2 year old played in the new enhanced dumbo queue for like two hours and she was in pure heaven. My original point- we need to be careful to not dismiss what Disney IS doing simply because it may not suit our fancy. It's similar to me saying that Disney Springs DOES NOT COUNT because it's a big shopping mall. Disney is doing a lot these days and its tiring to see so much dismissed all the time while people wait for "real change or real improvements." Open your eyes- you're missing it =)

I couldn't agree more. I think the entirety of NFL is well executed. Would I have preferred another show scene in 7DMT? Absolutely. Do I enjoy it as it is? Absolutely. But I'm sure I'm only saying this because I'm fresh off a snorting binge of Pixie Dust... ;)

ToTBellHop

And you are free to have your opinion. The general view has been less-than-spectacular, as Disney's surveys and Excel graphs on PowerPoint slides have shown. Why do you think we will now get a fantastic D-ticket boat ride in AVATAR land when it was once on the chopping block?

Bocabear

Using the largest show building (Small World ) and dropping it onto the map, you can see there is plenty of room for a few new attractions of a grand scale...if they chose to do it. You could fit another 4 "Small World" show buildings into the space the Speedway takes up. Several "Peter Pan" sized rides could fit...As well as another large show building between Pirates and Splash...might play hell with the parade route though....Point is, there is plenty of space withing the boundaries without stretching further outside the park... Also Tomorrowland has the most open space of any of the lands...and in my opinion could use the most help.
Map for attraction locations.jpg

doctornick

Lose the circus tent shops and there is room for another large attraction the size of Small World...(Where Frozen should really be)...

Why would Frozen be in a Circus themed area?

I mean, we see people say this and I'm no fan of the tents (or more specifically, the lack of a ride on that side of Storybook Circus) but Frozen doesn't make any sense unless they re-theme the entire circus area. A much better argument is to replace the tents with an actual ride that fits the theme (e.g. Pinocchio or Mickey's Madhouse or something).

cosmicray

The Speedway is a guilty pleasure of mine, and I would hate to see it go, but I'm willing to lose it if it means a better attraction would be going in its place.

Fantasmicguy

Why would Frozen be in a Circus themed area?

I mean, we see people say this and I'm no fan of the tents (or more specifically, the lack of a ride on that side of Storybook Circus) but Frozen doesn't make any sense unless they re-theme the entire circus area. A much better argument is to replace the tents with an actual ride that fits the theme (e.g. Pinocchio or Mickey's Madhouse or something).
He is talking about dropping all of storybook circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom