Magic Key Renewals?

CaptinEO

So the panic is starting to set in online as Magic Key holders whose renewal day was today are now unable to visit the parks. I do wonder how many of those upset today were in full support of the magic key lawsuit...hmm.
The shock and horrror!

That being said it is pretty bad when "world class customer service" Disney won't even given any updates or information to their own customers who paid a lot of money to this program.

Reminds me of how badly they handled AP information throughout the pandemic.

Stevek

The shock and horrror!

That being said it is pretty bad when "world class customer service" Disney won't even given any updates or information to their own customers who paid a lot of money to this program.

Reminds me of how badly they handled AP information throughout the pandemic.
Yeah, they really should just make a statement at this point that the program is obviously on hold for now. Even they, they'd be raked over the coals.

Disstevefan1

So the panic is starting to set in online as Magic Key holders whose renewal day was today are now unable to visit the parks. I do wonder how many of those upset today were in full support of the magic key lawsuit...hmm.
Lawsuits happen for everything, everyday.

In this case, a judge could have dismissed the lawsuit but let it go forward so that means at least in the eye of that judge the lawsuit has merit.

I done blame Disney for halting APs (at least the top key involved in the case) till the case is over.

Who knows, maybe Disney will resume renewals to show the court folks understand the rules and buy them?

I think the real reason there will be no renewals will because of the “unfavorable mix” it causes as Chapek stated in public.

In time I think there will be new passes to replace the Magic keys at much higher prices to fix the “unfavorable mix”

Disney Irish

Premium Member
what are the rules in the Japanese parks?
Not any different to DLR, at least for TDL that I can tell, so not sure why this poster thinks they are somehow better on controlling vloggers.

Just doing a Youtube search and you see a bunch of vloggers who post videos from TDL, and they look just the same as the ones from the domestic parks.

So yeah I doubt any change is coming in terms of DLR somehow banning vloggers. Specific vloggers might be banned if they get out of hand, but that has always been the case.

Stevek

My Gawd, that's hysterical! Bravo! And thank you for the big laugh out loud moment. 😍 🤣
I do kinda laugh at the fanbase jumping all over Disney for their choice of words...I mean, Disney isn't saying anything that those of us that have been following this for years already know. It's pretty hilarious that they latch onto a word and get offended by it. More fuel on the fire as to why I'm distancing myself more and more from the hardcore groups...I've pretty much deleted all of my social media follows around the Disney parks at this point and find myself coming here less and less frequently. No offense to anyone in our lovely little DL group here, I just find it harder and harder to relate to today's Disney Parks fans, some of whom live in an alternate reality.

Stevek

I'm going to go renew my Knotts pass for next year.
Awesome! I'd do a Knott's pass again but quite honestly, we don't do most of the coasters and I can't really spend a whole day just walking Ghost Town and riding the Calico Mine Ride and Log Ride...I mean, I can, but could only do that so often.

mickEblu

Sounds like a lot of people upgraded to Magic Keys from multi day tickets like me. It was a smart way to get a “free” trip. My Key expires today. Anyway, I’m ok without a Magic Key for a while. We enjoyed them and got a lot of use out of them but I also see the benefit of a little break and a lot of money saved. We re going to Oogie Boogie for the first time in late October and if that’s the next time in the park I’m ok with that.

With all of that said I’m still expecting to have the ability to renew before D23. Obviously every day that goes by this gets more and more interesting.

Last edited:
I believe the frustration is that there is three separate reservation calendars. One for day ticket buyers, one for hotel guests and then one for key holders. No where is it expressed in any language that we key holders are on a one of three calendars. But hey, I’m not the one suing the company, it does make me think if I’ll be renewing my pass/ key that I’ve held for the past 33 years.

Disstevefan1

I believe the frustration is that there is three separate reservation calendars. One for day ticket buyers, one for hotel guests and then one for key holders. No where is it expressed in any language that we key holders are on a one of three calendars. But hey, I’m not the one suing the company, it does make me think if I’ll be renewing my pass/ key that I’ve held for the past 33 years.
Customers like you should get loyalty rewards!

Well at least you enjoyed a very valuable AP program for the last (31?) years. No one knows what's going to happen going forward.

One thing we do know going forward, no matter what ticket you use to get in, you must get a park pass reservation.

The lawsuit did indeed happen because of the multiple calendars, and it seems Key holders are the lowest priority. I think want happened was the guest just spent the big bucks for the top tier key "with no blackouts" and could not enter the park, meanwhile the same guest could have purchased a day ticket the same day, get a PPR and go right in.

After the fact, it's easy to say DLR should have it coded to be able to get a PPR on the day you purchase any ticket, including Magic Keys, this way the guest is introduced to PPRs and the fact they can get in on the day of purchase would at least put off the calendar frustration till the next day they try to get a PPR.

Mickey's Pal

what are the rules in the Japanese parks?
Screenshot_20220815-124037_Samsung Internet.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom