Magic Key Renewals?

Phroobar

If there wasn't an AP filler group, it wouldn't be packed. Influencers, Disney addicts and youtubers like Theme Park Steve are still there 5 or more nights a week doing live streams. I don't think there is any way that if the AP program was removed, those former APs would be filling the park daily using day tickets.
I would love the see the "Influencers and youtubers" disappear from the parks but it isn't likely. I think they would still be there even if they had to pay full price on each visit. Their channels make too much money not make it worth it for them. Besides, they would probably figure out a way to get Disney to give them a "Press Pass" so they can keep providing free advertising.

The addicts will pay anything to get into the Disney Nexus.
rtrtr.jpg

CaptinEO

This is exactly how TWDC operated until the pandemic.
It sure seems like the days of the super value Annual Passes are GONE.
It was surely good while it lasted…
I don't even see a difference now. The parks may have less people but with "Genie" the standby lines are still terrible and the walkways are crowded.

Weekdays are still packed and weekends are nicer.

Disstevefan1

I don't even see a difference now. The parks may have less people but with "Genie" the standby lines are still terrible and the walkways are crowded.

It makes sense the deletion of APers would be more noticeable on the weekends as many APers must work during the week and therefore there were always fewer APers there during the week so there less of a difference noticed during the week.

shambolicdefending

Can someone explain why Genie+ has caused this? It's no different than FastPass except it costs more, so shouldn't fewer people be using it?

Californian Elitist

It makes sense the deletion of APers would be more noticeable on the weekends as many APers must work during the week and therefore there were always fewer APers there during the week so there less of a difference noticed during the week.
This isn’t necessarily true. DL pass holders are notorious for showing up to the parks in the late afternoons or evenings after work/school during the week.

Emmanuel

I am guessing the park pass reservations make it hard for visiting in the late afternoons or evenings after work/school during the week

Not really. The park reservations is all day so plenty of time after work/school to go in. The only hard part is the need to cancel if a day doesn't work out because the deadline to cancel without penalty is the night before up till 11:59pm.

Disstevefan1

Not really. The park reservations is all day so plenty of time after work/school to go in. The only hard part is the need to cancel if a day doesn't work out because the deadline to cancel without penalty is the night before up till 11:59pm.
I honestly don't know this; can you grab a PPR same day for a after work/school visit?

Californian Elitist

I honestly don't know this; can you grab a PPR same day for a after work/school visit?
If there are reservations available for the same day, one can make a reservation. It’s also possible that guests know and plan when they want to go to the parks on a weekday afternoon/evening, and make the reservation.

Disstevefan1

If there are reservations available for the same day, one can make a reservation. It’s also possible that guests know and plan when they want to go to the parks on a weekday afternoon/evening, and make the reservation.
I am sorry my question was not clear.

What was I meaning to ask was is there typically park pass reservations available same day at DLR?

CaptinEO

I was actually saying the opposite. APs always flooded the weekdays as the most passes sold are the weekday passes. Especially after like 2 pm it would be especially miserable.

What's sad is you'd see so many kids at Disneyland that should be in school. It's obvious parents are pulling their kids out of school to take them to disneyland which to me is beyond irresponsible.

Disstevefan1

I was actually saying the opposite. APs always flooded the weekdays as the most passes sold are the weekday passes. Especially after like 2 pm it would be especially miserable.

What's sad is you'd see so many kids at Disneyland that should be in school. It's obvious parents are pulling their kids out of school to take them to disneyland which to me is beyond irresponsible.
Are you saying that the availability of APs contributed to parents taking kids out of school to visit during the week or are these parents buying day tickets and pulling kids out of school?

Californian Elitist

My dad used to pull us out of class and take us to Pink’s before going to CityWalk to see a movie. He did it very sparingly, maybe once or twice a year. We still got good grades and graduated on time.

If it’s done sparingly, I don’t see a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom