Magic Key Renewals?

Dapale

What was I meaning to ask was is there typically park pass reservations available same day at DLR?
Depends on how many pass types have access to that day & what time of the season. Right now with Dream key I could get a reservation for the day of at any time. That will change as we start getting out of the imagine & enchant key summer blockout dates.

Disstevefan1

I am sorry my question was not clear.

What was I meaning to ask was is there typically park pass reservations available same day at DLR?
I guess this question can only be answered by someone that currently has a DLR magic key and is very local to DLR such that trips after work or school is convenient.

Californian Elitist

I guess this question can only be answered by someone that currently has a DLR magic key and is very local to DLR such that trips after work or school is convenient.
Trips after school/work have always been convenient for local passholders. Even with the reservation system, as long as you have a reservation, you can enter the park at the time of your choice.

Disstevefan1

Depends on how many pass types have access to that day & what time of the season. Right now with Dream key I could get a reservation for the day of at any time. That will change as we start getting out of the imagine & enchant key summer blockout dates.
This makes me think about the lawsuit.
Today, for the local who has the magic key with no blackouts, I wonder what the availability of a same day PPR?
I am guessing on peak times none and on some off-peak times maybe yes.

Californian Elitist

:) it goes back to the availability of same day PPRs - that is key.
When I initially responded to you about less crowded weekdays because passholders/key holders have to work and go to school, I countered your statement by saying that they still show up in the late afternoons and evenings after work. I don’t see what same day availability has to do with that fact. Whether they get a reservation the day of or before, some still show up in the late afternoons/evenings, which was the original point.

Disstevefan1

When I initially responded to you about less crowded weekdays because passholders/key holders have to work and go to school, I countered your statement by saying that they still show up in the late afternoons and evenings after work. I don’t see what same day availability has to do with that fact. Whether they get a reservation the day of or before, some still show up in the late afternoons/evenings, which was the original point.
I see, I guess folks are just grabbing what PPRs they can for weekday visits after work or school (just less day of); much less, "spur of the moment", let's go to Disneyland, I guess.

shambolicdefending

What's sad is you'd see so many kids at Disneyland that should be in school. It's obvious parents are pulling their kids out of school to take them to disneyland which to me is beyond irresponsible.
Come on. Do you have kids? It's OK to live a little.

If they're otherwise doing well academically it's not a horrible thing (and may even be healthy and beneficial) to pull them out for some special family activities every now and then.

Last edited:

Emmanuel

I am sorry my question was not clear.

Recently there has been availability same day over here at DLR. And I'm speaking as someone with a soon to expire Dream Key.

But in the past I'm not sure how frequent it was to have same day reservations available but even now its possible.

Just checked reservations for Dream Key holders and if one wanted to go later this afternoon they can grab a reservation for today right now.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
What's sad is you'd see so many kids at Disneyland that should be in school. It's obvious parents are pulling their kids out of school to take them to disneyland which to me is beyond irresponsible.
You're assuming all of these kids go to traditional schools with traditional schedules. About 15% of California school districts use a year-round schedule. They do 45/15 (45 days or 9 weeks of instruction then 15 day or 3 weeks off in rotation) or 60/20 or 90/30. Another 11% of kids are homeschooled, so they have a much more flexible schedule where they can cram in a few day's worth of schoolwork and then take a few days off.

Then yes, there may be a a small percentage of those kids that were pulled out of school for a day or two.

Purduevian

Wow I had no idea how many add ons knotts has holy cow. How often are people going that these would even be remotely worth it? That's way too much.
California Man Pays Off Student Loans, Buys House, by Eating All His Meals at Amusement Park

TLDR: Man paid ~$150 a year for unlimited park access, 2 meals a day and parking at Six flags Magic Mountain. He worked 5 minutes from the park. Took his lunch break in the park and grabbed dinner on the way home. He estimates it cost him ~$.050 per meal

Sailor310

Original Poster
I've had pretty good success waiting until the cancellations come in the night before to get a reservation for the next day. I think at least one time I got a reservation at 10:00AM same day. I have an Imagine Key.

Phroobar

California Man Pays Off Student Loans, Buys House, by Eating All His Meals at Amusement Park

TLDR: Man paid ~$150 a year for unlimited park access, 2 meals a day and parking at Six flags Magic Mountain. He worked 5 minutes from the park. Took his lunch break in the park and grabbed dinner on the way home. He estimates it cost him ~$.050 per meal
It will even out. Just wait until his doctor bills come flying in from stomach and intestinal problems.

Is the trade off really worth diarrhea and colorectal cancer?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Newtwo

CaptinEO

It's funny too cause these parks advertise it like "eat every day of the year"! And yet when someone does it they freak out.

Every park advertised their highest passes by saying "visit every day of the year" as well but we all know if everyone did that the prices would go way up.

Th3 DUd3

I am guessing for LaughingPlace it was some Hyenas and someone said MusfasAPMagicKeysa. They clearly don’t have Mafia Weasel cousins who don’t know any better anymore.

Sailor310

Original Poster
"Soon". A friend got a chat response with DL "We will soon offer all current Magic Key holders the opportunity to renew into one of several passes available in the program. We will share details about renewals at a later date."
Sort of same thing they've been saying all along with the addition of "soon".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom