Magic Express

InsideOtherPark

Original Poster
Not sure if this has been touched on yet. Search was done and didnt find anything. Sources are saying that Disney is planning on having a shuttle service that picks up from Orlando Airport and then takes you to your resort. Your bags would have a "special" bag tag that the cast members would scan to take your bags to your room. You would board Disney buses and tvs would play Disney parks and resort videos. Thanks to those in 0-town for the 411 thought I would pass it along.

bhg469

sounds like a nice set up. as long as the prices arent too outrageous. there is definitely soom on the airport for something like that mears has been letting me down lately.

MonoRon

Sounds like fun, it would get you in the mood for all the fun you'll be having on your trip. When will this happen? Does Disney have a contract with Mears?

InsideOtherPark

Original Poster
From what someone told me was that its a off and on thing. But as of right now its on. Maybe someone else knows more on this. Maybe Travis does?

dr_teeth90210

It will be completely owned by Disney!!!

So when this is unveiled sometime in 2005 you'll start to see cast member greeters in the Orlando Airport. The Mears contract, who is now the official carrier of the Walt Disney World resort, is ending soon and Disney's Magical Express busses will have there own "special" paint job.

It's going to cut down on transfer time for millions of guests. Currently, Mears
Motor coaches take an average of 2-hours to reach the guests resort. Disney's Magical Express should cut that time in half.
Thanks Sara for the information.

wannabeBelle

dr_teeth90210 said:

So when this is unveiled sometime in 2005 you'll start to see cast member greeters in the Orlando Airport. The Mears contract, who is now the official carrier of the Walt Disney World resort, is ending soon and Disney's Magical Express busses will have there own "special" paint job.

It's going to cut down on transfer time for millions of guests. Currently, Mears
Motor coaches take an average of 2-hours to reach the guests resort. Disney's Magical Express should cut that time in half.
Thanks Sara!!! Any idea on the pricing or reservation procedures for the new transport? Belle

Pioneer Hall

I had heard a lot of details about Destination Disney last year and was excited by what it could offer. It has actually started with the introduction of Pal Mickey V1.0. Version 2.0 will be the actual Destination Disney one.

As far as the airport system...

You would get to the Disney check in area, and a cast member would check you in to your resort, give you your passes, take your bags (and get them to your hotel), and get you on the next shuttle. This bullet train was going to be the way that Disney would get you where you needed to go. Now that it was shot down, I suppose shuttles will have to do. When you get to the central area (TTC i guess) you would have the ability to get anywhere on property you want to go. You are all set to go to the parks or you can go to the resort. When you end up at your resort later, your bags will be waiting for you.

It would be a great system and I am sure that it will one day be implemented (in some form). People will pay for the convenience.

tampabrad

I know nothing about the Disey Shuttle, but if yo ulook closely on the sides of the Disney busses and the Disney Cruise Line busses, they say "operated by Mears..."

wannabeBelle

DisneyInsider said:
I had heard a lot of details about Destination Disney last year and was excited by what it could offer. It has actually started with the introduction of Pal Mickey V1.0. Version 2.0 will be the actual Destination Disney one.

As far as the airport system...

You would get to the Disney check in area, and a cast member would check you in to your resort, give you your passes, take your bags (and get them to your hotel), and get you on the next shuttle. This bullet train was going to be the way that Disney would get you where you needed to go. Now that it was shot down, I suppose shuttles will have to do. When you get to the central area (TTC i guess) you would have the ability to get anywhere on property you want to go. You are all set to go to the parks or you can go to the resort. When you end up at your resort later, your bags will be waiting for you.

It would be a great system and I am sure that it will one day be implemented (in some form). People will pay for the convenience.
It sounds a bit confusing to me. I dont know if I like the idea of going to the TTC directly. In most cases I am a bit more dressed up when I Am flying and I like the idea of going to my resort and changing into shorts, jeans etc before I hit the parks. I was just wondering if the price is going to be comparable to the $29.00 currently offered by Mears. Although as previously stated if the contract with Disney is ending sometime soon, Mears may not have a chance to compete if Disney is taking this over. Belle

wannab@dis

tampabrad said:
I know nothing about the Disey Shuttle, but if yo ulook closely on the sides of the Disney busses and the Disney Cruise Line busses, they say "operated by Mears..."
The Disney Cruise line busses are contracted/operated by Mears, but the resort & park transportation busses are Disney owned and operated.

ogryn

That sounds a little like what happens at the DLP Eurostar Station. There is a check-in desk there, where you can drop off your bags and they get taken to your hotel, whilst you go off to the parks (IIRC, you already have your park tickets at this point)

TURKEY

If this were to happen, Disney would need to build a building on the grounds of the airport. I don't see any space big enough, even if remodeled to fit the amount of people that could be at the airport at a given time.

Besides, they've been working on Destination Disney for years, but can't somehow manage to get the express checkout feature available on the televison.

bhg469

dr_teeth90210 said:

2 hours??? now i dont feel so bad for complaining. hopefully if disney does go through with this they will do it right.

dr_teeth90210

Found out today that Disney's Magical Express indeed will be complimentary to any and all guests staying on Disney property. Look for DME to be officially announced very, very soon...Like January 2nd....perhaps.

wannabeBelle

dr_teeth90210 said:
Found out today that Disney's Magical Express indeed will be complimentary to any and all guests staying on Disney property. Look for DME to be officially announced very, very soon...Like January 2nd....perhaps.
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Very cool!!!! Belle

TTATraveler

dr_teeth90210 said:
Interesting, I wonder how this will differ from Mears, Unless Disney is going to dedicate buses to only 1 or 2 resorts, it is still going to be faster to use a towncar service. Now if Disney is going to offer this service free of charge, I can see people waving the convenience factor of using a towncar service.

Personally, I wonder how this is going to affect companies Like Quicksilver, Happy Limo, and Tiffany who rely on airport transfers to WDW hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom