Magic Behind Our Steam Trains

alanbrai

Original Poster
Unfortunately I am back home from yet another wonderfull trip from WDW. I am posting this note just to let everyone know that the Magic Behind our Steam Trains tour has got to be one of the best tours I have ever taken. Our tour guide was most knowledgeable about the goings on and not just with the trains.

If you are considering ever taking the tour, I would if I was you.

luckyeye13

I agree completely about the tour! I took it back in March when a special session of it was offered to Cast Members and was extremely impressed by the tour guide's knowledge of and passion for the steam trains. There were many facts that I probably would not have learned anywhere else and other ones were just brought to life so much better by the guide than they could have been in a book or on an Internet site. I am a very big train fanatic, but you don't really have to be one to enjoy the tour. Since trains were a really big deal for Walt Disney, anyone who wants to learn more about the man behind the mouse would also find the tour very interesting.

828tnt

I have to agree. for the life of me, i can't remember his name, but he was awesome!!!!

FamilyDisneyJune20070682-1.jpg

we sat in 95 + degree heat and he just was going on and on and on as we sat in the train station, just absorbing his every word. completely glued!

i was pretty much "in the know" as far as most of the info he was dishing, but you know how you can listen to the same story over and over again..... if someone knows how to tell it right? (of course you do, you're a disney fan)!

wow! he was someone who A) appreciated Walt Disney's life as much as i did. and B) found a calling for retirement!

well worth the $$$$!

oh, btw, he knew his business about trains too! my dad is a big trian hobbiest. he's not big into disney and he loved it. i mean loved it! it was a great day.....

smudger

It is the only behind the scenes tour I have ever done at WDW and I thoroughly enjoyed it I completely agree it’s a wonderful experience for both Disney fans and train hobbyists.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I agree fully! While I'm not a great train affectionato, the engineers told a great story and the role in the Disney story is a good one. As was mentioned before, the two words that immediately come to mind are knowledge and passion. Maybe I should add pride...as these folks show that in every aspect of their role.

The visit to the barn was truly impressive. My favorite bit of trivia from the tour was that the trains are classified as the most dangerous ride at WDW! All of the tours I have taken at The World have been well worth the money, but this one is truly a hidden gem!

maleficent87

My dad & son did the tour a couple of years ago & both were impressed with the tour & the stories. My dad has been a train buff his entire life, not much into Disney but when I planned a Grand Gathering that was one thing he wanted to do. My dad got my son loving trains (son now 19) and my son wants to be a train engineer/conductor. When they did the tour they were given special gifts & the guide went well past the tour time since everyone was enjoying his stories he just kept going! The tour was the highlight of their trip!

imamouse

I'm glad you enjoyed the tour and recommend it so highly.

IF I can ever drag my step-father to WDW, I'm going to take him on this tour. His father used to work for B&O railroad and my step-dad is a huge model railroader and overall train fan. Unfortunately, his knee replacement didn't deliver the increase in mobility hoped for, so he's not able to handle the amount of walking required for a visit to WDW (a wheelchair is out of the question).

Even if he can't rally, I'll take my mom the next time we go and she can tell him all about it afterwards.

Ilovewishes

My dad is a steam train fanatic! We're going next year with my parents just a short while after his birthday. The tour would be a fab pressie for him!

Any idea how much it costs roughly???

pinkrose

My son loves trains and so I took him on this tour a few years ago. He LOVED it! He now wants to do it again with my dad (who's hobby is model railroading). I thought it was a very good tour.

Scooter

My dad is a steam train fanatic! We're going next year with my parents just a short while after his birthday. The tour would be a fab pressie for him!

Any idea how much it costs roughly???

The Cost is $40 per person plus tax and theme park addmission is required.
It's at The Magic Kingdom and goes from 7:30AM until 10:30AM
It's available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
You must be at least 10 years old to participate.
I also believe you get a unique Disney Pin at the end of the tour.

Yankeeplex

I would love to take my 2 kids on the tour. Every time we enter the MK, my family and I jump on the train and take it to ToonTown. She absolutely loves the train.

alanbrai

Original Poster
The Cost is $40 per person plus tax and theme park addmission is required.
It's at The Magic Kingdom and goes from 7:30AM until 10:30AM
It's available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
You must be at least 10 years old to participate.
I also believe you get a unique Disney Pin at the end of the tour.

This is correct, the pin is specifically designed for the tour and you can only get the pin if you take the tour

UKHelen

I'm glad to hear it is so good. We have just booked to take my mum and dad on our trip in October (their 1st Disney trip) - my dad is a train enthusiast and we have booked it as a surprise for him. Sounds like we are all going to enjoy it :D

Eljay

http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm#rr

Here is info about the Train Tour, as well as all the other tours offered at WDW.
Even if you have already booked your tour, call back at 407-WDW-TOUR and ask if there is a discount that you might be able to apply to your tour. AAA, AP, DVC, Disney Visa. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom