Magic Bands in November

stevehousse

Original Poster
Does anyone have any info or rumors of any more resorts being added for the month of November? About half of the resorts are up and running right now and i would like to know i will be able to utilize it during our trip??? We are almost at the 60 day mark for online check in!

We're at 54 days and already checked-in online to Beach Club. I'm still getting no MB or FP+ options in MDE.

We are doing a split stay and hit 60 days until check-in to Riverside tomorrow. I'll check-in online for that stay tomorrow.

Both resorts are in the current test that ends on Oct 31.

I doubt it will change anything when I check-in online at Riverside but I'll try anyways.

Doug7856

We're going in November too. Lots of speculation...everything from full resort roll out to no testing until after the 1st of the year. There have been no reports of anyone getting Magic Bands after October 31 check ins. It appears that the announcements have been made for the next month about the 20th or 22nd of the month. For October the announcement was made around August 20th.

mouselover321

We are going in November also, but only the last day of it. November 30-December 9! We are staying at the Grand Floridian, and as far as I know it's not participating in the magic bands. I called Disney last night to get some information about it, and they said it's still in testing and they don't know if it will be up and running by the time of November.

Cindee75

I read several rumors of all the things mentioned. That current resorts will just keep offering in November while others have said the testing is done at end of October and not starting with roll out until January. I am hoping for MB and FP+ but it really will not matter much - only 68 days until we are at PORS.

Rob562

Steve, thanks for keeping us up to date on this. I'll be going in November and I don't really think Disney is doing a very good job of communicating what's going on. I'm sure I'll hear it here first when something happens with the rollout.

It's a *test*. Disney is communicating to those people who have been selected for testing. As testing can (an does) often change, what kind of announcements would you want? What would you expect them to say? "Sorry, guests at other resorts have been selected for tests, but not you."

If they roll it out to your resort or your trip dates, you'll hear about it. Until then, just live life like you would if you'd never heard of MM+.

-Rob

raugust

We are going in November also, but only the last day of it. November 30-December 9! We are staying at the Grand Floridian, and as far as I know it's not participating in the magic bands. I called Disney last night to get some information about it, and they said it's still in testing and they don't know if it will be up and running by the time of November.

We will be at the same resort, on the same dates. I have a feeling that we will be shut out of the "test" groups. If, so, ehhhh!! I am not going to stress out about it. If we are included, we probably won't learn so until after October 1st, 2013 (our 60 day mark). Heck with it, I'm going with my grand daughters, probably for the last time, and I am going to enjoy myself. :p

Tinkerbella16

IF they do choose visitors to start testing in November, it should be soon. My sister is going October 27- Nov 3rd, staying at POR and they were just selected this past Thursday to take part in the Magic Band testing. I am going 11/6-11/12 so I am hoping we will get to test it out too. I am guessing that would be soon being that I am going 10 days after they will be there.. IF they are including November visitors in this test. :D

drujaz

I've been adding myself to all the threads that talks about MB testing schedules to ensure I am aware of any available news... We've got 57 days left and would love to have MBs for our trip... All this speculation drives me nuts but I can't stay away for some reason...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's a *test*. Disney is communicating to those people who have been selected for testing. As testing can (an does) often change, what kind of announcements would you want? What would you expect them to say? "Sorry, guests at other resorts have been selected for tests, but not you."

If they roll it out to your resort or your trip dates, you'll hear about it. Until then, just live life like you would if you'd never heard of MM+.

-Rob

Is it really that unreasonable for people who are going to be there very soon to want to know whats going on. It's a test right now. Is it going to still be when I get there? I'm a week from my 60 day window. If the bands roll out full time soon (say November 1) I will have to use the system and FP+. I would like to know if this is going to happen with some advanced time to plan. If they tell me 2 weeks before I check in I need to use it, what FP reservations will be left? If it rolls out full time and regular fast pass is gone then Im stuck waiting in standby lines. I'm shelling out thousands of dollars for a trip so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some communication from Disney.

To answer your question directly, I don't want an announcement. I would like Disney to personally contact me (via e-mail) to let me know what to expect when I get there. Will the bands be in place? If so will I need to use FP+ or will regular FP still be available? If its still going to be in testing when I'm there then a simple e-mail letting me know that would be nice. It would be very easy to send an e-mail to anyone checking in during the next 60 to 90 days and give them an update.

mouselover321

We will be at the same resort, on the same dates. I have a feeling that we will be shut out of the "test" groups. If, so, ehhhh!! I am not going to stress out about it. If we are included, we probably won't learn so until after October 1st, 2013 (our 60 day mark). Heck with it, I'm going with my grand daughters, probably for the last time, and I am going to enjoy myself. :p
How funny! Yes, I'm hoping that the testing will be done and all things will be official when we go, but we never know.

Rob562

To answer your question directly, I don't want an announcement. I would like Disney to personally contact me (via e-mail) to let me know what to expect when I get there. Will the bands be in place? If so will I need to use FP+ or will regular FP still be available? If its still going to be in testing when I'm there then a simple e-mail letting me know that would be nice. It would be very easy to send an e-mail to anyone checking in during the next 60 to 90 days and give them an update.

So if the answer is no, they won't be testing during your trip, should Disney send out an email that 90% of the recipients will go "Huh?" when they get it?

-Rob

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So if the answer is no, they won't be testing during your trip, should Disney send out an email that 90% of the recipients will go "Huh?" when they get it?

-Rob

Yes.

I think it's a bigger problem if they are within months of rolling out a $1B+ new system and 90% of their guests know nothing about it. There are Mickey head scanners everywhere. New room door scanners, new park entry scanners, cash register scanners and FP return scanners. A bunch of people will be walking around with bands accessing all of those things. It would be nice to give guests a heads up about what it's all for and how it will impact their vacation if at all.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I borrowed this post from the spirited thread since it re-enforced my point:

Kinda sorta almost related. I have a friend vacationing at WDW right now who just texted me "what the hell is fastpass plus and why can't I get a card for it like this other one?" -presumably meaning FP machines. It's her first WDW vacation as an adult and so far is having a great time... except for the FP+ signs and lack of information on what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom